A POE “Horror Story”!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rule #1 in Customer Service is: The customer is always right, don't do anything to piss off the customer. . .And these guys are literally CHASING ME AWAY.

I don't understand it. They could care less whether I play their game or not
I don't understand how that's a good strategy to draw fans to your game, nor how to run a successful software company - or ANY company for that matter.

Based on my experience with GGG, I'm going to conclude that this company goes under. Because you can't unfairly mistreat your customer and expect to be successful.

I guess time will tell.
You are not alone.

The bans are hitting the wrong people

this was my appeal
->POV you are me, you suck at the game, and you are Perma stuck lvl 95 bc u can't stop dying to expedition mobs.

I am not a super elite hacker, I had to wipe my PC fresh not too long ago due to corruption issues related to modded Minecraft, I am very confident in saying you are either banning me for poe awakened/path of building (which I highly doubt), or you are banning me for vanguard anti-cheat.

If I wanted to play the game again, I don't think I could, as if it 'really' wasn't Vanguard that got me banned, I have actually no clue what did it.

Do you want evidence to prove I'm 'not' guilty? . ? .? I don't think that is actually possible without me recording the screen (Which is also bannable by your TOS).

I understand it's company policy to not reply to messages like this, I imagine your devs are probably sitting in a room with popcorn reading messages like this. This response is mostly so I can stop thinking about the ban (I probably won't, because it really really sucks). Even if you never unban/msg me ever again, you NEED to have some catch in your anti-cheat for Vanguard, I'm not going to pretend for a second that I am guilty of anything I was accused of.

Thanks for the mental pain, at least I got into the closed beta for deadlock to ease it. This is my steam account, I have never been banned and you guys are fools for banning me for the work of a 3rd party.

*I showed a picture of my account but here is a url
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030611641/
Here it is plain and simple:

If you are using ANY 3rd party software that takes information from the game....you are at risk for a ban. Period. End of story. They are illegal by the ToS, regardless of what fellow players and streamers tell you. It is VERY clear.

The way their detection software works is likely VERY simple. It detects when anything outside of the game has some (whatever it is) effect on game data. This could be anything from retrieving data, to altering data, to performing actions impossible within the game data, to any number of things I haven't thought of.

This detection (likely) does not give GGG any information on the program used, or what it did. It simply sets off a flag. That's why they are not giving you any more information or hearing your pleas. It doesn't matter to them, nor do they have any additional information to share or argue.

I want to be clear: no matter what you have heard, or what you might think....ALL 3rd party software that uses game data in any way is against the ToS, plain and simple. And it is entirely at the discretion of GGG when a certain program crosses their arbitrary line of the day. When you use a program like Wealthy Exile or Awakened, you have already "read" the warnings on BOTH the program itself and PoE telling you that you could be banned for using it. There is documentation on everything that spells out exactly what COULD happen to your account should you use the program.

Ex: Directly from the download FAQ for Awakened Trade:

"Is this app approved by GGG? Can I get banned for using it?
There are no approved apps created by community. If app complies with the game ToS, does one server action per button press and doesn't interact with the game client itself (injecting into the process, changing the process memory aka cheats) it can be considered safe.
If you get banned, the first action is to Contact Support"

No approved apps + one server action per press + "considered" safe + (but) if you are banned. Tells you straight up there is a risk, it is not approved, and bans happen. "considered safe" is also a very weak defense of a program that the first line says is "not approved".

Also the line "Interact with the Game Client" that comes from ToS: all of these 3rd party softwares HAVE to interact with the game client. That's why there are requirements on how to run them and the game at the same time.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 20, 2024, 12:52:28 PM
Also....VPNs are bannable offenses too. Many people tend to forget they are running one.
"
Rule #1 in Customer Service is: The customer is always right, don't do anything to piss off the customer. . .And these guys are literally CHASING ME AWAY.

Thats not true. It is old scheme but false from the beginning.

Costumor have to THINK that but thats all.
I'm just saying if this game starts banning the players that leave the game open while playing League of Legends/Valorant/.. . . bc vanguard stops processes/drivers it deems untrustworthy (including signed Windows drivers btw) you can probably imagine what might happen.

Obviously, at least for my story, a huge part of the blame is on League of Legends, but certainly not all of it; saying I have to remember to turn off Vanguard or really _any_ third-party program with the potential to change files every time I want to play this game seems like a huge ask. And with the experience I just went through I'm probably not going to be making a new character, and crossing my fingers they fix some of this in POE2.
Gets banned for using third party software. Admits to using third party software. Why does this thread exist? And in feedback and suggestions, no less.

I suggest not using third party software.
"
plz wrote:
Gets banned for using third party software. Admits to using third party software. Why does this thread exist? And in feedback and suggestions, no less.

I suggest not using third party software.

It does happen to innocent people all the time and GGG isn't very good at saying "sorry" in any capacity.

Say what you want but i was banned for about 60 days because of an error by support and the only reason they did anything before the expiration of that ban was because i was forced to make a thread here posting the "quoteable" mistake.

The op is not so lucky but this in itself is a problem if apps we think are harmless are getting people banned because so much of this game depends on numerous resources from trading apps down to the humble wiki's that support absorbing that knowledge.

Just having a price checker has me feeling spooped these days and im just spot checking to make sure im not getting massively ripped off, imagine if people were getting banned for that.

none of this is funny or some kind of joke, this is supposed to be a method of recreation.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 20, 2024, 9:39:27 PM
Windows10 is a 3rd party software, you guys get me worried they might be able to ban everyone all the time, and we all know Windows isn´t safe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
If someone has spent money supporting the game, then GGG should at least give a warning and communicate. You can't be asking for exorbitant amounts for individual cosmetics and then permanently banning the accounts they're attached to at the drop of a hat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info