A POE “Horror Story”!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
CHERRYNOVA_ wrote:
same with me, got banned today for third party software - i even didnt use awakened poe trade
account: https://pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/safina441 - lvl 99
just running chayula with party - then dc and u got bannde by adm
ban appeal denied ofc, poe support - only bots answering me
wont play again if i can get ban for nothing.

I'm not saying you RMT'd, but when I look at the challenges on that account and look at the gear you have, it raises... questions.

I don't doubt that sometimes GGG makes mistakes when banning people. But you can't tell me you have that kinda gear from your own farming when you have

0/3000 inciting invitations
40/400 altars
203/500 map bosses killed

Also, you are technically ban evading, no?

Hey there, i got this cheap gear at chayla breachstones - started from 90 - 6 runs =1d
i did only chayula runs = all i did is spamming chat to get full party - then runs and again, again - yeah it looks like im botting cuz i did same things/same msg in chat - but i talking with ppls traiding e.t.c.

"
"
CHERRYNOVA_ wrote:
same with me, got banned today for third party software - i even didnt use awakened poe trade

I am so sorry you are going through this...it really stinks. Something is definitely going wrong. Can you tell me what Third Party Software tools you are using? I'm curious if you got banned for the same reason I did (although they won't tell me anything)

Lord_Highrock

Thanks Lord_Highrock
I have installed awakened poe trade, but i didnt used this tool. Playing throught official client, no more any soft

"
jsuslak313

You got him......account set to private now. Always funny when folks "forget" to hide their ill-gotten gains to claim total innocence. Whoopsy!

My account is not privare, check more carefully
Last edited by CHERRYNOVA_ on Aug 29, 2024, 12:42:40 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
CHERRYNOVA_ wrote:

I think somewhere in your comment and someone else's is a legitimate need. Afterall, this IS the "Feedback & Suggestions" category of the Message Board, right...well, here is both a legitimate need AND a legitimate Suggestion:

We all know that people are going to get banned for a variety of reasons, and some of them are going to be injust. GGG seems to think that their AI systems are able to find and identify the perpetrators just fine and most people who get banned truly deserve it....OK, let's assume that is true for the time being.

BUT

There are definitely good and honest players who slip through the cracks and DON'T deserve to be banned, but do get banned. Unfortunately, I am one of those players. Because of some GGG AI bot system that they are running, I was identified as a violator, even though I was not guilty of anything.

So, the suggestion is, Create a system where people who are NOT actually trouble-makers can seek justice and actually get unbanned. Perhaps allow them to speak to a REAL PERSON at GGG, rather than the Customer Service responses that are copy-and-paste and provide no information (I have proof, I have too many responses from them). You could even CHARGE MONEY for the process. That would certainly help separate the innocent from the guilty. Through this process, call it "Special Ban Appeals" GGG could learn additional information about their clients, and the client could better assess if he was truly banned for something he did, or if he was the victim of a hack or some computer anomaly that is not their fault.

One thing is for certain, good and honest players are getting banned, and POE is telling them to get lost, rather than trying to work with them and treat them fairly. Such a system would be a win-win for both GGG and the players.

Good idea?
Last edited by Lord_Highrock_2 on Aug 29, 2024, 3:34:04 PM
GGG could do better with this stuff, They seem to have no system for when mistakes are made.

This is no laughing matter with some accounts being a decade old, For me im a guild leader and GGG's mistakes really caused a lot of damage since i couldn't play anymore while i had rallied my guild to play that patch.

It really demoralized me to be punished so harshly for something i never did after so many years here posting concepts and ideas you'd think it wouldn't be very difficult to communicate and prove this simple error but it was an absolute freaking nightmare day in/out sending emails and trying to calmly wait for them to do the right thing when as far as i could see at the end they had stopped reading emails and i wsa forced to break the rules (literally) to talk to someone and that's just unacceptable to call that customer support.

The most messed up part about all of it is what i actually did to flag their "punishment" because after the extended ban the second they looked at the evidence i had provided my ban was removed right away.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 29, 2024, 8:16:20 PM
I hope GGG "sobers up" to the realization of what is important here:
> Good customer service
> Clear and public boundaries rather than deceptive ones (making clear what software is OK and Not OK in a very obvious way, as far as banning goes)
> And to the damage of double standards (for streamers and video makers) if there are any.

For all we know it was not a third party software relating to Path of Exile but some kind of technical error involving signals in a wire or something.

The lack of speedy overview is a distressing mark against any company.

Something like this should take less than 3 days to be reviewed by someone with important relevant knowledge, less than 7 days max if it's a particularly busy week.

Good luck to Lord_Hightower.
One thing I find interesting about your initial post is that, while you mention there was a violation of #7 of the TOS, you don't include all of the possible violations that are included under #7.

I've included the full text below, at the bottom of my post.

Are you sure there wasn't some other issue with your account? That was not specifically related to the brief description you mentioned: "Article 7 essentially states that it is illegal to ALTER a third-party software tool in order to “gain an advantage.”

Full TOS Text on Article 7:

"
Restrictions: Under no circumstances, without the prior written approval of Grinding Gear Games, may you:

Adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, publish or create derivative works from any part of the Website, Materials or Services other than in accordance with the Licence.
Modify or adapt (including through third parties and third-party tools) the game client or its data, other than in the normal course of PoE gameplay as permitted in accordance with the Licence.
Utilise any automated software or 'bots' in relation to your access or use of the Website, Materials or Services.
Knowingly perform any actions that may cause the computers used to support the Website, Materials and Services (the "Servers") to become overloaded or crash.
Connect to the Servers through any software other than the authorised game client software.
Use any data gathering and extraction tools or software to extract information from the Website or utilize framing techniques to enclose any of the contents of the Website.
Use any meta tags or other hidden text which incorporate Grinding Gear Games’ name or any of its intellectual property including trade marks.
Perform in-game services during your use of the Website, Materials or Services for any form of compensation outside of PoE.
Reverse engineer, de-compile or disassemble the Website, Materials or Services or seek to establish the technical processes, operations and communication protocols of the Website, Materials or Services through any means, including without limitation by reference to the input or output of the Website, Materials or Services or the internal structure and workings of the Website, Materials or Services.
Last edited by Wootness on Aug 30, 2024, 10:07:24 AM
"
Wootness wrote:
One thing I find interesting about your initial post is that, while you mention there was a violation of #7 of the TOS, you don't include all of the possible violations that are included under #7.

I've included the full text below, at the bottom of my post.

Are you sure there wasn't some other issue with your account? That was not specifically related to the brief description you mentioned: "Article 7 essentially states that it is illegal to ALTER a third-party software tool in order to “gain an advantage.”

Full TOS Text on Article 7:

"
Restrictions: Under no circumstances, without the prior written approval of Grinding Gear Games, may you:

Adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, publish or create derivative works from any part of the Website, Materials or Services other than in accordance with the Licence.
Modify or adapt (including through third parties and third-party tools) the game client or its data, other than in the normal course of PoE gameplay as permitted in accordance with the Licence.
Utilise any automated software or 'bots' in relation to your access or use of the Website, Materials or Services.
Knowingly perform any actions that may cause the computers used to support the Website, Materials and Services (the "Servers") to become overloaded or crash.
Connect to the Servers through any software other than the authorised game client software.
Use any data gathering and extraction tools or software to extract information from the Website or utilize framing techniques to enclose any of the contents of the Website.
Use any meta tags or other hidden text which incorporate Grinding Gear Games’ name or any of its intellectual property including trade marks.
Perform in-game services during your use of the Website, Materials or Services for any form of compensation outside of PoE.
Reverse engineer, de-compile or disassemble the Website, Materials or Services or seek to establish the technical processes, operations and communication protocols of the Website, Materials or Services through any means, including without limitation by reference to the input or output of the Website, Materials or Services or the internal structure and workings of the Website, Materials or Services.

Great Question Wootnes, and the answer is: NO, i'm NOT sure that it isn't another issue. GGG won't tell you what you did to get banned, only that you violated Article 7, which had like a BILLION things in it.

Customer Service is COMPLETELY UNHELPFUL as they basically just tell you to go away. I guess they have to deal with alot of disgruntled and dishonest people, so I understand their hesitancy to engage, but in my case, I got screwed and no one at GGG will lift a finger to help me - their system is broke.....and they just don't care!!!!

So now that all these programs are listed on GGG's actual portals as recommended helpers and downloads. did they reverse the ban and credit you? I'd seek a credit for an account that old with upgrades for 4 years. that would actually be a very simple case to bring to small claims yourself.. Specially since their sites promo these tools.... just like they allow online currency sites to sell there items and currency, but still have rules of real money trading.... sites list actual users with almost a billion in currecy that would take a year to aquire lmao but somehow they just keep sellin
"
So now that all these programs are listed on GGG's actual portals as recommended helpers and downloads. did they reverse the ban and credit you?

He says that he got banned for using those. We don't know that the information he provides is accurate, or truthful.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
So now that all these programs are listed on GGG's actual portals as recommended helpers and downloads. did they reverse the ban and credit you? I'd seek a credit for an account that old with upgrades for 4 years. that would actually be a very simple case to bring to small claims yourself.. Specially since their sites promo these tools.... just like they allow online currency sites to sell there items and currency, but still have rules of real money trading.... sites list actual users with almost a billion in currecy that would take a year to aquire lmao but somehow they just keep sellin

So get this, two days ago I log in and I have an alert saying that my "new account" has been placed on "probation" because I am saying things that are "needlessly critical."

I have never been "needlessly" anything. What I AM guilty of is pointing out the GGG has a Customer Service problem, because I got banned when i shouldn't have, and no one at the company will lift a finger to help me.

I guess nowadays being truthful about GGG is the same as being "needlessly critical." Because there is obviously NO WAY that GGG could have made a mistake, right?

Will someone at GGG read this and just reach out to me and help solve my issue?? It would be so easy to do......HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord_Highrock
"
So now that all these programs are listed on GGG's actual portals as recommended helpers and downloads.

Excuse me? Where are these programs listed by GGG as "recommended"? Because it certainly isn't anywhere on this site....the ONLY portal run by GGG.

When it comes to rmt sites and things like that, it is simply not worth the money it would take for GGG to fight that battle.....only for them to simply switch their url and restart in seconds. That is the very nature of the "internet" and why so much dis- and mis-information exists. Your comments (pretty common mistakes) come from a lack of understanding with how the internet functions versus how the game functions. This is why pirating and illegal streaming sites exist all over the place....even though copyright law is very very strictly enforced. It is physically impossible to fight the internet.

But the actual SOFTWARE used to run or interact with PoE is a completely different story. That is something they can easily control because all information is basically insulated through their own servers, and NOT public.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Sep 1, 2024, 8:19:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info