[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
NVB43 wrote:
Ok it took a while but I've farmed up 100 divines. Is that enough for a realistic wand upgrade with tormented spirits? Taking a look at what is out there everything seems like a sidegrade. Putting some wands into PoB with the configuration change for tormented spirits I'm only seeing a ~4m DPS boost. I thought it would be more.

Current state:
https://pobb.in/qQLFuohXHBar

are you adding the custom mod on pob when you are trying those wands?

"
#Haunted by Tormented Spirits
35% Increased Movement Speed
35% Increased Cast Speed
35% Increased Damage
"

Can you explain a little more about how this helps the mana regen situation? I can't figure out why this is better than Ralakesh/BOTB for mana regen..

honestly... i can't 😅

on pob it seems the same, but ingame is better.
probably is the bigger pool/more regen/more mana gained when the mastery procs
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
NVB43 wrote:
Ok it took a while but I've farmed up 100 divines. Is that enough for a realistic wand upgrade with tormented spirits? Taking a look at what is out there everything seems like a sidegrade. Putting some wands into PoB with the configuration change for tormented spirits I'm only seeing a ~4m DPS boost. I thought it would be more.

Current state:

are you adding the custom mod on pob when you are trying those wands?

"
#Haunted by Tormented Spirits
35% Increased Cast Speed
35% Increased Damage

Yes I am. Seems strange that the DPS bump is so small.
"
Fealwen wrote:
"
ogli wrote:
If someone needs another Endgame version, here is mine.

Level 98
Mageblood
2 Cluster
purity of elements
Blocks capped without rumi
14.6 mil HitDps
1.14 mil EffHitPool

I would appreciate if someone could control if my configuration settings are all correct, I'am not that firm in pob

Fantastic build, best I played the last 10 years, and even more importent, best thread I`ve been in, thx again to our both main heroes here

Can you share your pob?

@tufferugli I have prepared better trading folder for militant faith with relevant stats. Maybe we can share on this thread. Hmu when you see my comment, we can talk

ups: can`t believe I forgot... https://pobb.in/gz-wHlSptQ7R
"
tufferugli wrote:
"

Can you explain a little more about how this helps the mana regen situation? I can't figure out why this is better than Ralakesh/BOTB for mana regen..

honestly... i can't 😅

on pob it seems the same, but ingame is better.
probably is the bigger pool/more regen/more mana gained when the mastery procs

I compared your PoB with mine: https://pobb.in/qml-EycKgK8X
Tbh I can't explain the mana issues either, but maybe I don't experience them because I haven't tried simulacrums. I have higher mana cost per second (780 vs 700) and a slightly smaller mana pool, since I don't take the mana mastery node. But while playing, I basically never run out of mana, unless I take a speed shrine. I don't need to pay any attention to mana at all, not even during the abomination boss fight.
In hideout, I can spam ice nova for 13 seconds before I run out of mana. Of course mana is not 100% full while spamming like in the Ziz version, but as long as it's not empty and refilling pretty quick it's not a problem (unlike with corrupted soul where mana is used as shield).

Maybe vaal ice nova of frostbolt is the issue somehow? Does it provide any benefits over normal ice nova of frostbolt?
Last edited by aimfeld on Sep 9, 2024, 12:47:14 PM
"
NVB43 wrote:

Current state:

I added the following to your POB and removed your current weapon enchant and made no other changes.

#Weapon Enchantment Mods
35% Increased Cast Speed
35% Increased Damage

This increased your full DPS from 77.6m to 88.9m and added 35% movement speed which is going to feel great.

I think this is an amazing upgrade for the enchant alone. If you improve the wand at the same time you will get even more DPS increase.
"
aimfeld wrote:

In hideout, I can spam ice nova for 13 seconds before I run out of mana. Of course mana is not 100% full while spamming like in the Ziz version, but as long as it's not empty and refilling pretty quick it's not a problem (unlike with corrupted soul where mana is used as shield).

Spamming in hideout is not a useful test due to automation being disabled while in hideout. It is not Ice Nova that causes mana problems by itself per say. It is the combo of spamming ice nova while Arcane Cloak eats 65% of your mana. I believe this is why some people have removed Arcane Cloak from their builds.

Corrupted Soul does not use mana as a shield. It is Mind over Matter that uses mana as a shield.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 9, 2024, 1:05:32 PM
"
ogli wrote:

ups: can`t believe I forgot... https://pobb.in/gz-wHlSptQ7R

hello!

I took a look at your config as requested.

The only item I would change is to lower the Inspiration charges to either a 2 or a 3. We can not maintain max inspiration charges due to how our build works so you will always see the charges count from 1 to 2 to to 3 to 4 and reset back to 0 and start over.
"
"
NVB43 wrote:

Current state:

I added the following to your POB and removed your current weapon enchant and made no other changes.

#Weapon Enchantment Mods
35% Increased Cast Speed
35% Increased Damage

This increased your full DPS from 77.6m to 88.9m and added 35% movement speed which is going to feel great.

I think this is an amazing upgrade for the enchant alone. If you improve the wand at the same time you will get even more DPS increase.

Yea I think I'm realizing that for my budget enchanting my current wand is the way to go. Trying to find an already enchanted wand better than mine seems to be out of my price range.
"
aimfeld wrote:

Maybe vaal ice nova of frostbolt is the issue somehow? Does it provide any benefits over normal ice nova of frostbolt?

I am absolutely addicted to Vaal Ice Nova. :)

Note that Vaal Ice Nova does not take any mana to cast, it works on Souls acquired by killing monsters.

When you are in extremely dense T16 8 mod maps, the Vaal can completely clear two screens and sometimes even into a 3rd screen. The chain reaction of Vaal is just insane. Note that this strong clear also comes with being very taxing on your computer so beware.

I cast it probably 5-7 times a map, usually when coming up on a shrine since that is very dense and usually connects to a pack in another screen. The rest of the time I just use the regular Ice Nova (note that both Vaal and Regular come in the same gem so you can always socket it and test it, you won't lose anything if you don't like it, you can just use the regular version with no downside to having the Vaal portion also available)

The Vaal skill will feel useless if your map is not dense because its power is in the chain effect.

I also find the Vaal skill less useful in T17's. It is not powerful enough to fully clear screens and leaves the beefier T17 monsters (depending on map mods) only injured but not killed. As such I rarely cast it in T17's.

But I enjoy 8 modded T16's better any way so I spend more time there.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 9, 2024, 1:28:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info