[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Hey amazing guide! Thank you very much.

How would tou continue from my pobb onwards? I thougght about getting more levels and Haunted Enchant next.

https://pobb.in/BoviMlUvOIgQ

Thank u very much!
"
msseven wrote:
Hey amazing guide! Thank you very much.

How would tou continue from my pobb onwards? I thougght about getting more levels and Haunted Enchant next.

https://pobb.in/BoviMlUvOIgQ

Thank u very much!

hello! Welcome to the thread. Here are some comments you can consider

* You need to change the large cluster. We want an 8 passive large cluster, you are using a 12 passive large cluster which ends up wasting tree points

* Add quality to Automation, Intensify, Punishment and Eternal Blessing

* Level Elemental Weakness
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 6, 2024, 10:08:58 PM
Hi,
First I have to say that I really enjoy that build, block seems to be opi definsive mechanic.

Lately I put my hands on that wand

which makes game even more lazy, but now I am wondering how to best utilize freed gem slot from arcanist brand. Right now I am running shock nova, but maybe there are better options.

Thx!
Last edited by Laskolnyk on Sep 7, 2024, 5:23:26 AM
Sorry where do I see the versions?

Also Are you sure you are Spell Block capped, I am seeing you are 86%
"
hello! Welcome to the thread. Here are some comments you can consider

* You need to change the large cluster. We want an 8 passive large cluster, you are using a 12 passive large cluster which ends up wasting tree points

* Add quality to Automation, Intensify, Punishment and Eternal Blessing

* Level Elemental Weakness

Thank u very much! I tried to compare ur pobb with mine, but i am uncertain why I cant get my DPS over 8 mil. Am I doing something wrong in the calculation? Furthermore do I not reach 100% crit yet and i am unsure what i am missing.

cheers for the good guide tho
Question for the min-maxers: If I give up Lightning Mastery, what value should I set in the PoB? Should I change it from 50 to 30, or keep the larger number?

I gave up the whole lightning mastery wheel in favour of a second cluster. Even when adjusting shock effect from 50 to 30, I still get the same damage. But I gain flexibility, resistances, and another jewel where I can add the "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted" for very cheap.

Here's my current PoB, at 178m DPS and 1.22m EHP: https://pobb.in/jPWxDfLby6CP
Last edited by aimfeld on Sep 7, 2024, 7:41:35 AM
"
aimfeld wrote:
"
Blasteranal wrote:
Hello guys,

thanks a lot for all the work put in this thread. I need some guidance.

I'm a bit loss, I want to swap to the MB/Ralakesh version. Don't know what PoB to fellow, at least to start.

For exemple I don't understand how you cap the resist and what jewels are mandatory to swap.

I tried to read the last 10pages of the thread but Im lost now lol.

Thanks you in advance!

I recommend looking at some builds on poe.ninja and filter for mageblood, svalinn and ralakesh.

As an example, here's my build with MB/Ralakesh, currently at 1.2m EHP and 180m DPS: https://pobb.in/Ot16NGYTZRgg

While you don't have a "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted" corruption, use minor god Ralakesh. For easy T16 farming, I switch the granite for a quicksilver flask for more movement speed, and replace the diamond flask with a gold flask, and increased crit damage with item rarity support.

I dropped the Rumi flask to get 100% uptime of defenses with 88/88 block. If you want even more defenses, replace the bottled faith with a progenesis flask.

Instead of Zealotry, you could go with Purity of Elements which makes gearing a lot easier. But your DPS will be slightly lower (still amazing though).

Thanks a lot for your reply. Buying MB right now and still have 100d to spend. Better to buy ralakesh with +1 charge or the wand?

What I don't understand is how you use your curses in your main hand? I'm to lazy to click on this 3 skills.

Thanks!
"
Blasteranal wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply. Buying MB right now and still have 100d to spend. Better to buy ralakesh with +1 charge or the wand?

What I don't understand is how you use your curses in your main hand? I'm to lazy to click on this 3 skills.

Thanks!

I would go for a tormented spirits wand first, since the enchant adds so much to the build. There are examples of great wands in this thread, make sure to evaluate in your PoB and buy a good one.

I self-cast the curses since arcanist brand feels clunky to me. This allows using the curses on large mobs as well, not just single-target. I think it also adds 18% cast speed from the caster mastery, since these are 3 self-cast non-instant spells. I don't think you get this additional bonus with arcanist brand, but I'm not sure.

But most people use arcanist brand, so you may prefer that. You could use a 4-link setup with 3 curses and arcanist brand in your boots.

Here's my new 2-cluster setup: https://pobb.in/jPWxDfLby6CP
Last edited by aimfeld on Sep 7, 2024, 9:16:45 AM
"
aimfeld wrote:

I would go for a tormented spirits wand first, since the enchant adds so much to the build. There are examples of great wands in this thread, make sure to evaluate in your PoB and buy a good one.

I self-cast the curses since arcanist brand feels clunky to me. This allows using the curses on large mobs as well, not just single-target. I think it also adds 18% cast speed from the caster mastery, since these are 3 self-cast non-instant spells. I don't think you get this additional bonus with arcanist brand, but I'm not sure.

But most people use arcanist brand, so you may prefer that. You could use a 4-link setup with 3 curses and arcanist brand in your boots.

Here's my new 2-cluster setup: https://pobb.in/jPWxDfLby6CP

thanks for your answer. Buying jewels to have the same tree as you. And then will try with 3 curses in the wand. But I dont Know what to pull out for the 3 curses setup in boots. Arcane surge from arcane cloack?
"
Laskolnyk wrote:
Hi,
First I have to say that I really enjoy that build, block seems to be opi definsive mechanic.

Lately I put my hands on that wand

which makes game even more lazy, but now I am wondering how to best utilize freed gem slot from arcanist brand. Right now I am running shock nova, but maybe there are better options.

Thx!

hello.

Unfortunately Shock Nova does not work in this build. It does not have the ability by itself to raise the Shock effect above 50. It has been tested here in the thread by the build designer.

Maybe you could try something like Summon Lightning Golem for Cast Speed. I use that in my Shield and I have good uptime with it. Your wand should provide a similar up time I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info