[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
aimfeld wrote:
Question for the min-maxers: If I give up Lightning Mastery, what value should I set in the PoB? Should I change it from 50 to 30, or keep the larger number?

I gave up the whole lightning mastery wheel in favour of a second cluster. Even when adjusting shock effect from 50 to 30, I still get the same damage. But I gain flexibility, resistances, and another jewel where I can add the "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted" for very cheap.

Here's my current PoB, at 178m DPS and 1.22m EHP: https://pobb.in/jPWxDfLby6CP

This is hard to say. Maybe go fight Drox and see what Shock Effect you are getting on him. He is not pinnacle level but he is beefy enough to typically stay alive long enough to see the shock effect get to its max.
"
wallyflops wrote:
Sorry where do I see the versions?

Go to the first post in the thread and you will find a section labeled Path of Building. In that section you will find 3 different versions. Base Version, Large Cluster Version, and a starter Mageblood version.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 7, 2024, 9:40:23 AM
"
msseven wrote:
"
hello! Welcome to the thread. Here are some comments you can consider

* You need to change the large cluster. We want an 8 passive large cluster, you are using a 12 passive large cluster which ends up wasting tree points

* Add quality to Automation, Intensify, Punishment and Eternal Blessing

* Level Elemental Weakness

Thank u very much! I tried to compare ur pobb with mine, but i am uncertain why I cant get my DPS over 8 mil. Am I doing something wrong in the calculation? Furthermore do I not reach 100% crit yet and i am unsure what i am missing.

cheers for the good guide tho

hello. Please post your latest POB and I will take a look at your configuration to see if it is set they way we are setting ours.

In general, you will have a very hard time comparing my POB to yours because we have very different versions. I am using Mageblood so I get a ton of static stats that show up in POB. You are using Headhunter, in which your build picks up a ton of stats while in a map but they will not show up in POB.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 7, 2024, 9:51:29 AM
"
Blasteranal wrote:

thanks for your answer. Buying jewels to have the same tree as you. And then will try with 3 curses in the wand. But I dont Know what to pull out for the 3 curses setup in boots. Arcane surge from arcane cloack?

Search this thread for a trade link and instructions how to get the right cluster jewels, the order of nodes is important.

Just drop the spell echo from wintry blast, it's not adding much sine we already have crazy cast speed. Or you could drop the frostbite in the shield.
Last edited by aimfeld on Sep 7, 2024, 11:49:16 AM
Hi, is it better with Intensify or Power charge on crit gem? since it gives more damage per power charge. i see my damage o up to 1.2m+ in game with power charge on crit and barely 1m with intensify?
Wicked-Vortex
"
Raxanto wrote:
Hi, is it better with Intensify or Power charge on crit gem? since it gives more damage per power charge. i see my damage o up to 1.2m+ in game with power charge on crit and barely 1m with intensify?

I don't think the in game tool tip calculates the Intensify stacks.

If you go into your POB and then set your Intensify stacks in the config window to 3 (or 4 if you take the mastery), you should see a massive boost in damage.

In terms of damage, Intensify is significantly stronger. This assumes you have other ways to generate the Power Charges of course.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 7, 2024, 1:25:48 PM
"
"
Raxanto wrote:

I don't think the in game tool tip calculates the Intensify stacks.

If you go into your POB and then set your Intensify stacks in the config window to 3 (or 4 if you take the mastery), you should see a massive boost in damage.

In terms of damage, Intensify is significantly stronger. This assumes you have other ways to generate the Power Charges of course.

Wow, thanks. i really thought if the damage was higher in game it would be better.
But is this also the same with Wrath instead of Zealotry?
Wicked-Vortex
"
Raxanto wrote:

Wow, thanks. i really thought if the damage was higher in game it would be better.
But is this also the same with Wrath instead of Zealotry?

It is my understanding that the in game tool tip calculates both Wrath and Zealotry but as always if there are any questions, always trust POB as the best source of information.
I think I've finally got myself stuck. I've just added a mageblood, can anyone give me some direction?

https://pobb.in/3bbXN_gge0S-

I don't know which flasks are best. My chaos res is only 53% without he Amethyst flask, and I have no idea how to cap it really without this.

Ailment immunity is a problem I'd like fixing, but I'm not sure if giving up Wrath is worth it! Can anyone steer me where to go next?
"
wallyflops wrote:
I think I've finally got myself stuck. I've just added a mageblood, can anyone give me some direction?

https://pobb.in/3bbXN_gge0S-

I don't know which flasks are best. My chaos res is only 53% without he Amethyst flask, and I have no idea how to cap it really without this.

Ailment immunity is a problem I'd like fixing, but I'm not sure if giving up Wrath is worth it! Can anyone steer me where to go next?

There are several great endgame versions of this build. Look up e.g. Andy's build based on purity of elements (BigGreenIceNova on poe.ninja). Or my version with 2 clusters, Zealotry and Ralakesh: https://pobb.in/jPWxDfLby6CP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info