[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Heyo, loving the build...just made and leveled it all of yesterday to get to where I am currently. My gear seems pretty good, I'm definitely tanky enough...700k EHP if PoB is correct. My DPS however is only about 2.4m, so I feel like I'm missing something.

Whenever you get the time if you could take a peak. I've got a couple things off, no Foible, I'm lacking a bit of dex so I had to annoint my ammy for it instead of an extra power charge. Obviously need a couple more skills points. Outside of that, I still feel like I should be a bit higher. I'm thinking maybe my crit/crit multi are too low?

Anyways, help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://pobb.in/B3u9D1lmEk0b
Last edited by Seanprice798 on Aug 20, 2024, 10:11:34 PM
"
Seanprice798 wrote:
Heyo, loving the build...just made and leveled it all of yesterday to get to where I am currently. My gear seems pretty good, I'm definitely tanky enough...700k EHP if PoB is correct. My DPS however is only about 2.4m, so I feel like I'm missing something.

Whenever you get the time if you could take a peak. I've got a couple things off, no Foible, I'm lacking a bit of dex so I had to annoint my ammy for it instead of an extra power charge. Obviously need a couple more skills points. Outside of that, I still feel like I should be a bit higher. I'm thinking maybe my crit/crit multi are too low?

Anyways, help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://pobb.in/B3u9D1lmEk0b

Hello! Thank you for posting your POB. Here are some comments you can consider.

* In your POB, your Config is wrong in many areas. Lets get this cleaned up first before what we determine what your real DPS is

1) In the custom modifiers window you copied the modifiers for the Haunted by Tormented Spirits weapon enchant, but you don't have that enchant. These stats should be removed from the config

2) You have "Enemy is exposed to lighting" selected but it should not be. UN-select that config and instead go to Wave Of Conviction section (in the Skill Options section of the config window), and choose Exposure type as lightning.

3) Unselect "Is the enemy on consecrated ground" as you are not using Bottled Faith

4) Now switch windows to the Skills window and select Ice Nova of Frostbolts. Enable the check box that says Include in Full DPS. Then next to Ice Nova there is a count field, put that number to 8.

With these items cleaned up, your total full DPS now reads as 20m (you can find full DPS in the left hand column down at the bottom), which is a little low for level 94 (but I think I know why, please see the next bullet)

* OK now that this is cleaned up there is one other major thing that jumps out at me. Are you missing your 4th ascendancy? The POB shows that you have only allocated 6 points in your ascendancy but are missing the points to Arcane Blessing. If this was an over-site, go get your last ascendancy points in the lab immediately :) If you get this, your DPS jumps from 20m to 29m and will feel great for you

* You need to add your eldritch implicits to your boots and gloves. These will continue to up your DPS significantly, between Unnerve and Action Speed.

* You have no enchant on your weapon and that will add even more damage. Check the guide in the first post to see what enchant to use

* Your damage will continue to grow as you get the corrupted helmet, more character levels, move to 21/20 gems where appropriate.

You are headed in the right direction but son get thyself to the lab NOW for that last ascendancy if you are really missing it!! :)

Hope some of this helps :)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 20, 2024, 10:48:30 PM
"
"
Guys, i have a question, why sometimes i cant keep my mana? like when i do altar or other my mana always depleted...

can you tell me whats wrong?

this is my POB https://pobb.in/6QqWDJFHEwv8

Also, if you guys can recommend me any upgrade, it would be awesome..

Thank you

* For mana, I have three comments

1) I would try removing "10% reduced cost of skills" mastery and replace it with "10% chance to recover 10% of mana when you use a skill". We spam Ice Nova, so that should help you recover mana quicker.

2) Obviously make sure you never run a "no regen" map mod

3) If you are still struggling, you might want to consider changing your amulet anoint to Minddrinker. You will lose a little bit of DPS, but gain EHP and Mana recovery on kill

From here on will just be random general comments about your build that you can consider.

* Go around to all your rares and use Blessed orbs to increase your implicits. For example, you are missing an easy and cheap 8% chaos res on your rare ring implicit.

* You have a problem with your flasks, specifically the Diamond Flask and Amethyst Flask. Both of these Flasks have the same suffix of Increased Crit Strike Chance. This does not work in POE. The exact same suffixes on flasks do not stack so you are effectively wasting an entire suffix. Change the Diamond flask's to something else you need/want

* A ton of your gems are missing quality. Add quality to the appropriate gems. There are some effects of the gems that only wake up based on quality

Hi, thank you for the reply..

Will try that later, also for block chance right now i have 86/85

if i change my svalin to 15% spell block it will give to 86/87 right?

Because in POB if i buy the 15% chance it only up to 86/86..
Ok stellar! Thank you so much for the quick reply and run down. I was in a power leveling groove and completely forgot I didn't do uber lab yet. I'll get my enchant and elder/eaters going as well.

I'm a complete newb with how to properly config PoB even though I've been using it for a freakin decade.

Once again, much appreciated!
"

Hi, thank you for the reply..

Will try that later, also for block chance right now i have 86/85

if i change my svalin to 15% spell block it will give to 86/87 right?

Because in POB if i buy the 15% chance it only up to 86/86..

POB is correct, your lucky block chance will be 86/86 with a 15% shield.

Your Unlucky block will change from 61% to 63%, but the math of "lucky" works out to be only 86% even though your unlucky block grew by 2%. It is not linear growth from unlucky to lucky.
First of all, thanks for the guide!
I followed it and had fun with a character.

But my stats not quite the same, despite my tree and gear are pretty much similar.
What am i missing?
Thank you so much!
Which gems should i get first to 21/20?
Is it worth to pick ice nova 21/23?
"
Madara1337 wrote:
Thank you so much!
Which gems should i get first to 21/20?
Is it worth to pick ice nova 21/23?

archmage is better
Is hh will do benefit for This build?
"
Is hh will do benefit for This build?

Mageblood is a more natural fit but I have seen some builds with Headhunter in it. You can look on poeninja for some ideas for how to build with headhunter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info