Upcoming Changes to Sap of the Seasons

"
Kazh wrote:
"
Takuwind wrote:
"
Kazh wrote:
- Overnight nerf to some interaction one a 1c item noone gives a shit about

- Absolutely zero reaction or communication on what the vast majority of the playerbase have been complaining about since day 2 of the league : useless recombinators, wildwood and sentinels, ultra gutted ground loot, league mechanic not rewarding except for a few lucky outliers

- A ton of broken shit from a league or even more ago not fixed, Sanctum still utterly broken in terms of income, bugged totems, EK, and a lot of other skills, not to mention early crafting without Veiled Chaos still feeling like shit...

How can this be even possible ? This post is just a spit in the face of your players GGG. Please wake up. The league announcement stream was the best I'd ever watched, so many promises that ended up dead in the water.

Playerbase you say? As usual people always make the mistake of assuming they know what the player base wants. As in every game only 5 or 10% of the players post regularly in forums and Reddit. And those are usually the top players. So you really have no way whatsoever to know what the player base wants. When you read online is usually the top players getting very angry about things that only they care about

You're literally turning this whole argument upside down. It's definitely not a "vocal minority" (also I don't give a shit about Reddit). Just because YOU do not agree doesn't mean it's not the feeling of the majority.

Also, how the fuck would you know what endgame mapping and loot is like when you're lvl 87 still in yellow maps ? Not that there's anything wrong with that, eveyrone takes the game at their pace, but you just cannot decently think you have a say in the matter when you literally have not even experienced it.

Go to any community, any discord, any twitch chat, and ask any sample of players who are actually playing endgame content. I GUARANTEE you 70 to 90% will tell you that the loot is dogshit and you're basically forced to play around either random loot tiles like exiles or deli, or run T17 to pick up literally thousands of scarab per hour to make currency.

Also the fact that wildwood and sentinel are dogshit mechanics that don't add any loot, just difficulty (especially wildwood) and were just put in as Trailer Bait to make people wanna play the league. Recombs are not even in the same dimension as what they used to be, but at least they're somewhat useful for SSF players so I guess that's something.

The very subject is endgame mapping, juicing and endgame loot in general. Of course all the players who are taking things slow and are still in early maps don't care about this, and they don't share this opinion because they aren't affected (yet). But the problem IS THERE and it needs to be fixed.

Your responsive bit toxic and borderline inappropriate. No need for personal attacks. I was just pointing out the general problem with people who are way too aggressive and angry about stuff and claim they know what the player base wants. Rarely does anyone really know what the player base wants. Most people just don't chime in at all. Maybe if people were more respectful with their responses you would get more traction.
I saw the item, party builds and how all that works. Didn't feel too bad TBH.

Would greatly appreciate any buffs to ground loot, the shipping mechanic, recombinators, nerfs to T17s. Preferably all of them.

Seriously, how can you not address any of the concerns being brought up by a good part of the community with things that are actually and literally affect ALL of the playerbase, but instead focus on a tincture?

Perhaps you felt that way about the tincture when you saw the videos about it, Neon, but there are many other things that should have much higher priority than this one cheap item as you pointed out yourself.
No loot or gold in T16, website being constantly down. - GGG: "I sleep"
Some random unique no one cares about. - GGG: "Real shit"
If the problem is that people abuse this in party with giga mana regen aurabot, wouldnt it be better to limit the penetration of the flask while affected by another player's aura?

I've been cooking a build around this item, leveled a second character for the first time in over 10 leagues, and sniped kalandra gear for reduced mana and increased mana regen for 2 days, but I have no motivation to farm more for this build knowing that it will be nerfed by the time i finally have it in a playable state.

Please consider only nerfing it conditionally if it's not OP for solo players.
Please remove the group from the game entirely. The game is 100% solo player, groups are only used to buff just 1 player and to gain more loot from anyone who is not in a group. Casual players who make up the majority of the playbase always get screwed by these group teams, whether with several bots or with people. This group buff giving more gold from the mechanic is really ridiculous, the people who create groups are mostly all bots/multiboxing

Path of Exile has always had a terrible experience, groups have always served to benefit from loot and not to benefit from the fun of playing with friends. I hope Path of Exile 2 has decent coop, that it's not like Poe 1 with nonexistent coop
Last edited by Jazam on Aug 5, 2024, 3:09:44 PM
Well no need to remove group play, just make it multiply a bit less. Right now all that happened is that standard league was killed. There is no league mechanic there to abuse and a single upgrade cost mirrors. Yeah, lets just delete ground loot…
"
Takuwind wrote:
"
Kazh wrote:
"
Takuwind wrote:

Playerbase you say? As usual people always make the mistake of assuming they know what the player base wants. As in every game only 5 or 10% of the players post regularly in forums and Reddit. And those are usually the top players. So you really have no way whatsoever to know what the player base wants. When you read online is usually the top players getting very angry about things that only they care about

You're literally turning this whole argument upside down. It's definitely not a "vocal minority" (also I don't give a shit about Reddit). Just because YOU do not agree doesn't mean it's not the feeling of the majority.

Also, how the fuck would you know what endgame mapping and loot is like when you're lvl 87 still in yellow maps ? Not that there's anything wrong with that, eveyrone takes the game at their pace, but you just cannot decently think you have a say in the matter when you literally have not even experienced it.

Go to any community, any discord, any twitch chat, and ask any sample of players who are actually playing endgame content. I GUARANTEE you 70 to 90% will tell you that the loot is dogshit and you're basically forced to play around either random loot tiles like exiles or deli, or run T17 to pick up literally thousands of scarab per hour to make currency.

Also the fact that wildwood and sentinel are dogshit mechanics that don't add any loot, just difficulty (especially wildwood) and were just put in as Trailer Bait to make people wanna play the league. Recombs are not even in the same dimension as what they used to be, but at least they're somewhat useful for SSF players so I guess that's something.

The very subject is endgame mapping, juicing and endgame loot in general. Of course all the players who are taking things slow and are still in early maps don't care about this, and they don't share this opinion because they aren't affected (yet). But the problem IS THERE and it needs to be fixed.

Your responsive bit toxic and borderline inappropriate. No need for personal attacks. I was just pointing out the general problem with people who are way too aggressive and angry about stuff and claim they know what the player base wants. Rarely does anyone really know what the player base wants. Most people just don't chime in at all. Maybe if people were more respectful with their responses you would get more traction.

I would love for you to show me where the "personal attack" is. If you feel offended by my response, you misunderstood my point.

All I'm saying is, you say "most people don't chime in", and I would agree but most people aren't farming endgame content so they don't care about it, and all the power to them. But they cannot know how bad it is when they're not experiencing it.

However, among those who do, the vast majority feels that way. Endgame is shit right now. There's no content to farm except 1 or 2 strategies over and over which gets boring after a while, no exciting card / uniques target farming, T17s are and always were a mistake, there is no aspirational content.

Even the Kalguran enchants are a disappointment, only a few of them are actually usable and do not allow new original and interesting builds, they just randomly give 100% more damage to some already powerful builds (most notably Vengeant Cascade II, Electric Boogaloo - but on two handers because fuck build diversity I guess).
Mr. Roberts, this is a great post, thank you for sharing thoughts with the community. Could you please apply same logic you've expressed here to how group MF tactics works in your game?:)

People gather together an aurabot, few MF-capable glass cannons (they have aurabot, so more free space on gear for MF) and an MF culler, get more MF just from being in party, and go printing divs, mirrors, T0 uniques at a rate no "normal" solo player can hope to achieve no matter how many years of playtime invested. Is this not "so overly broken", in your opinion?
Very reasonable
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Please buff gold drop,fully upgraded Kingsmarch is unbearable...
STUPID BEAST

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info