Recent Economic Abuse

I hope life is fair in this case!

"
_Aldheart_ wrote:
"
Pathological wrote:
"

It's not a bug, so take advantage with it is a correct and clever way to play the game. As a mechanic designed by ggg without bug, it cannot be an exploit. GGG designed this, led to this fault.

If ggg think it's not okay, they should take full responsibility for this, rather than players. They should take the currency back, compensate the player group(s), and block the hole from their design (again, it's not a bug at all, everything works correctly).

You can pretend and play games as much as you like; it's extremely clear that this falls into the realm of exploitation. Playing semantics falls into the realm of "fuck around and find out", and these people are about to find out.

I've just finished 2h long vid about the "abuse" mechanic and this is clearly not-an-abuse situation. There were more serious intakes on PoE in past. Here, of course, it was "fairly unfair" currency printing, but banning or taking out the currency from players, that used new mechanic in clever way is nonsense. As far as I like and respect GGG, this time I do not agree with punishment. Fixing the hole in scarab/scrying is enough and economy will quickly cure from this small hit.

It is not a small hit to inject thousands upon thousands upon thousands of divines into the economy on day 3. It vastly devalues the very low amount of divines that regular players get, and as a result massively impacts the relative purchasing power of those players.

The idea that exploits can only result from an actual bug, and not just a "working" game behavior that results in a massively and obviously out-of-step result, is simply wrong. It is GGG's fault that it exists in the first place but it is also the fault of players using it. Nobody printing that many divines at this point in the league is NOT aware that it is massively overperforming, that's simply not a thing.

People playing at that level aren't just lucking into a mechanic for the first time without any prior knowledge or experience and thinking "oh, this is quite good, I think ill keep going! GGG clearly intended for this absurdly easy combination of things to produce more currency than anything else in the game by an order of magnitude!" This type of player, who is involved in this gameplay but not aware of its place as a massive outlier, does not exist.
"
weveran wrote:
"
CharonNx wrote:
will your actions also include people who are clearly using it but are hiding it? people and groups of people who need not be named?

Nobody escapes GGG's investigation. He said they generated a report, this will catch anyone whether they were sharing or keeping it a secret.

If you believe that, I believe that. But we both know it's just for display and gaslighting. In a free-to-play game, it takes about 3 or 4 seconds for the players they ban to come back, given the speed at which they press the keyboard when they register. They've never offered a permanent solution, they've never gone beyond slapping the hands of exploiters with a thin stick and telling them not to do it, the biggest proof is the dreadlocked streamer oh I could get banned for writing this, how sad :D yesterday all hell broke loose in my guild discord, people go into the game to pass the time after work and they look at it and oh my god, someone with 24 hours of screen time whose life has been poe has found an exploit and they are displaying 1400 divines, mirrors in the global chat on the 3rd day of the league :DD there is a lot to say but the risk of ban increases the more I talk, because they do not tolerate criticism
PLT
Bravo for fast reaction , this is most important !
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
good to share this info, gl finding a balanced policy for this
Me watching this pretty much every league start
Ban them. They deliberately wanted to harm to fun for EVERYONE playing the league and destroy the economy for their own benefit.

Empy's group was banned for less, only because he was streaming.
I'd assume this would be a league ban on the accounts and permaban on next offense.

Please also make it clear what they did is by the definition of the word, an Exploit.
Exploiting an error and unintended side-effect of some system. Also, it's safe to assume, defaulting t10 drops into t1 maps is also a bugged behaviour.

Too many redditors and streamers are saying this was not an exploit. It's just good to clarify the definition of the word is valid here.
If at first you don't succeed, scry, scry again.

lol
hoho start testing your leagues first GGG.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-Heist Enjoyer-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info