Recent Economic Abuse

Will you void the Divines, when they are already sold to another player? Or will you just void the items?
They absolutely MUST be banned. Consequences need to be harsh.

No idea how people here can act like these players did this "accidentally". Or didn't know what they were doing. Or even better, that they only used mechanics that were intended.

This was ESPECIALLY the use of mistakes, bugs or unnoticed mechanics that clearly hurt the economy.

If GGG doesn't start banning these groups that exploit bugs and errors, they can just leave it alone.

I wish you'd done this with the Abyss spire rubbish in 3.23. That was much more flagrantly cheat-y than this, and was allowed to run very publicly the entire league.

Definitely generated thousands of mirrors and millions of divines/Valdo boxes/Voidkeys and probably ten times that number.
Le Toucan Will Return
Appreciate you being open with this. Regardless what you decide to do a part of the community will be complaining.
Hopefully they get banned? Empy's group got banned for less
"
"
Lirian21 wrote:
"

The mechanic is open for anyone to use, say for example you came across this or any random person came across this interaction between scarabs and scry, they didn't know it's an exploit they just think they made it rich they will then just get banned for making a more specific amount of divines per hour from a mechanic?

That as a rule can't be enforced, GGG would be banning everyone if they earned over a certain threshold in mapping, what if it just randomly happened to people juicing maps? Are they then to also get banned? Here lies the problem, as I said previously GGG needs to really made rules for this, so the player base knows right from wrong you can't be second guessing just by interacting with the game not knowing you are going to get banned for it.

To be honest, there doesn’t need to be a specific rule here—just use common sense. I can't explain this more clearly than I already have. It’s common sense that determines whether this is a problem or not.

It's not a bug, so take advantage with it is a correct and clever way to play the game. As a mechanic designed by ggg without bug, it cannot be an exploit. GGG designed this, led to this fault.

If ggg think it's not okay, they should take full responsibility for this, rather than players. They should take the currency back, compensate the player group(s), and block the hole from their design (again, it's not a bug at all, everything works correctly).

You can pretend and play games as much as you like; it's extremely clear that this falls into the realm of exploitation. Playing semantics falls into the realm of "fuck around and find out", and these people are about to find out.
"
economic abuse involving Scrying and a specific Scarab being used to get an excessive amount of Divine Orbs.

So it wasn't even Bug Abuse or some breach of ToS?! That is - GGG haphazardly changed a bunch of stuff, which resulted in extremely profitable farming strategy being possible. As always. And then someone used it repeatedly, and this is the reaction? Not only you decided to punish players for your own mistakes, but you also try to make a PR move by making this announcement sound as if there was a bunch of ugh, masked burglar type of people who were about to run away with other players' moneys? :D

This is THE cringe. I think GGG has achieved their lifelong dream of being the pioneering software company where average age of decision makers is below 20. :D
"
Pathological wrote:
"
"
Lirian21 wrote:

To be honest, there doesn’t need to be a specific rule here—just use common sense. I can't explain this more clearly than I already have. It’s common sense that determines whether this is a problem or not.

It's not a bug, so take advantage with it is a correct and clever way to play the game. As a mechanic designed by ggg without bug, it cannot be an exploit. GGG designed this, led to this fault.

If ggg think it's not okay, they should take full responsibility for this, rather than players. They should take the currency back, compensate the player group(s), and block the hole from their design (again, it's not a bug at all, everything works correctly).

You can pretend and play games as much as you like; it's extremely clear that this falls into the realm of exploitation. Playing semantics falls into the realm of "fuck around and find out", and these people are about to find out.

I've just finished 2h long vid about the "abuse" mechanic and this is clearly not-an-abuse situation. There were more serious intakes on PoE in past. Here, of course, it was "fairly unfair" currency printing, but banning or taking out the currency from players, that used new mechanic in clever way is nonsense. As far as I like and respect GGG, this time I do not agree with punishment. Fixing the hole in scarab/scrying is enough and economy will quickly cure from this small hit.
"
Pathological wrote:
"
"
Lirian21 wrote:

I've just finished 2h long vid about the "abuse" mechanic and this is clearly not-an-abuse situation. There were more serious intakes on PoE in past. Here, of course, it was "fairly unfair" currency printing, but banning or taking out the currency from players, that used new mechanic in clever way is nonsense. As far as I like and respect GGG, this time I do not agree with punishment. Fixing the hole in scarab/scrying is enough and economy will quickly cure from this small hit.
BAN !!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info