Recent Economic Abuse

Great job! I think moving forward, all cases of abuse like this need to be handled this way. It's either we keep it in the game so everyone can "abuse it" (not in this literal case — this was too much, I mean like 3.24 with the uniques, etc.) or we disable it and remove the associated impact on the economy.

In this case, I believe we already have an influx of currency in the market and thus inflation, so I'm not sure if just locking down their current wealth is the only suitable approach.
Last edited by Lirian21 on Jul 30, 2024, 1:43:52 AM
How they did it?
What else we can grind?
Trade theme https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3323302 Have a good Life :)
Last edited by hontodeska on Jul 30, 2024, 1:43:39 AM
I think a temporary league ban for a few weeks is just, for exploits like this, not perma ban as they were using in game mechanics that is available to all players.

The problem is however say for example you were a player and you randomly came across this exploit mechanic with the scarabs and scry, wouldn't you try your best to repeat this mechanic over and over again to get rich? Would you even know it's an exploit to begin with or not? Does it depend on how long you have played the game to justify you getting banned?

I can see why GGG has done this due to the absolute shit show of exploited mechanics in necropolis which made the player retention for the league drop and didn't want a repeat with this league as the player base has enjoyed this league much more than the previous.

But GGG very clear guidelines need to be set from this point on, so this is stopped in the future so that the player base understands what is right from wrong when playing you can't have a player base second guessing themselves anytime they interact with a mechanic thinking am I going to get banned for just interacting with the game in certain ways of wealth creation.
What about ban everybody who abuse the bug?
It works as intended.
"
I think a temporary league ban for a few weeks is just, for exploits like this, not perma ban as they were using in game mechanics that is available to all players.

Any "intended" mechanic that generates literal thousands of divines in an hour is going to get you permanently banned, because it was obviously not intended to that degree. If you can’t realize that or can’t accept it, I’m sorry, but you’re part of the problem.

Last edited by Lirian21 on Jul 30, 2024, 1:48:27 AM
"
Lirian21 wrote:
"

Any mechanic that generates literal thousands of divines in an hour is going to get you permanently banned. If you can’t realize that or can’t accept it, I’m sorry, but you’re part of the problem.

so how much divines justifies a ban i want an exact number
Good decision, GGG. Thank you for taking action.
"
"
Lirian21 wrote:
"

Any mechanic that generates literal thousands of divines in an hour is going to get you permanently banned. If you can’t realize that or can’t accept it, I’m sorry, but you’re part of the problem.

so how much divines justifies a ban i want an exact number

Well, generating 1,000 divines per hour in this case is excessive. There’s a difference between an accessible mechanic that generates T0s and a mechanic that literally prints divines by the thousands. If you can inflate the economy as a group of five to the extent where items double or quintuple in price, it's a problem.
Last edited by Lirian21 on Jul 30, 2024, 1:50:54 AM
"
Lirian21 wrote:

Any mechanic that generates literal thousands of divines in an hour is going to get you permanently banned.

Why it has to be thousands? Why dont we set limit of "reasonable" at 10d/h? Why not 100c/h? You clearly missing a point here. Problem is lack of clear guidelines when it comes to "clever use of game mechanics" People printed hundreds of exalts with nem frac, hunderds of ex during heist out of thin air. Where lies clear and well defined line stating "If no bugs or vulnerabilities of engine/server were used and you make more than #Div/h you are abusing".
o7
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info