Soo, what's your league starter?

After a bunch of messing around in PoB after the update, probably some form of lacerate bleed glad, all cheap uniques one is only a few million dot dps and even a pretty stacked one caps out at about 20 mil dps with jack the axe but a good rare axe can hit the dot cap even before whatever effects runewords offer come into play. The main issue is that without enlighten its not feasible to run a defensive aura since you basically need pride and mal to do decent damage and as a result you're kind of made of glass to phys hits, thankfully you can spend some ascendancy points to get a ton of block and the other glad nodes are either very situational or just unimpressive with bleed builds (the weapon master one is basically best with varunastra SST/shield crush builds and the ramping damage against uniques is something you swap to for pinnacles/ubers if you feel that you lack damage and have enough survivability).
Gonna just do arc totems into divine ire totems. I generally always like and have fun with this. Then once I get enough cash I swap it to a even better build since this build is quite cheap to do high level mapping.
Groundslam zerker for me, done it twice in the last few leagues as second character but the changes definitely promoted this straight to the top. Already got 4 melee PoBs lined up too lol

Finally got pestilent strike looking usable, knew they'd change it eventually :D
after playing with some phys slam since i didnt want to play ground slam, i might play perforate sand stance. no aim, just one big aoe and phys. crush fist for pinnacle

hard to chose.
i'm thinking i'll start hardcore with champion quill rain stormrain herald of agony.

very chill gameplay.

idk if any of the recent changes will make it better or worse, i havent followed too much. it'll be a surprise!

*actually now that i checked im not sure with the changes to ascendancy. back to the drawing board lol

losing 5 fort and cannot be stunned and 20% attack speed is pretty bad. damn i hate changes. why... damnit
Last edited by teksuoPOE on Jul 25, 2024, 6:48:58 PM
I could just do a quad-HFT + double-hit Aram Brand, as the one time I did that leagues ago, it melted the best - and nothing really has changed in the whatever years to make that less bad (well, getting max crit if I go that route is slightly harder). Or maybe do that but make it all poison with those gloves.

Or for once, league start with something not-HFT and do lightning strike with minions added to it via the aura and that unique chest (but still go heiro and get at least 5 end charges up full time with a ring or whatever it was).

Sure, its more "melee" than melee, but is more melee than I ever do, wich is none.
I"m very tempted to play melee but the gear will be very expensive because everyone will be on the new hotness train. I think RF is a safe start choice and I may do melee later once I have some currency to mess with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info