Soo, what's your league starter?

"
it can't be a bait because endurance charges are insanely op now.

Which hierophant gets for free with zero uptime through an ascendancy notable and not having to be near melee range :)
"
I'm currently torn between KMQ's Exsanguinate, my MS Slayer and Pestilent PF...

Spoiler, Pestilent although got highest added damage gem buff of all skills it wont be S tier damage but more likely B tier. Still mechanically it remains one of the best melee gems.

There were several melee skills that I loved.
Ice Crash was by far the most fun when it was good.
Other skills I loved were:
- Dual Strike (or Double?? with vaal shadows mimicking my attacks)
- Earthquake (as at the time I was transitioning from D3 to PoE and falling it love with it)
- Ancestral Warchief (to me it was original at the time and infact the skill that convinced me it's worth supporting the game)
- Cleave (god I loved the fantasy of a Gladiator, although D4 did it better..years later)
- Cyclone (in Legion, covering a good portion of the screen, being what D2 2handed WW could only dream to be)
- Tectonic Slam (one of the highest fantasy-fulfilling skills)
- Ground Slam (I guess I loved WC3, so wanted to enact many melee skills from there)

If nothing of what I considered fun IS fun in this league, I'll go back to other games. I'm still considering making my own game (yes, I can).

"
de99ial wrote:
RF from Pohx. I had a blast during this league so im gonna do eet again.

I played that as a withdrawal build for 1 year ad-nauseum. I'm sorry, I can't, I just can't. I can't reduce the game to 1 skill again.
Last edited by al3xro on Jul 24, 2024, 3:41:15 PM
"
al3xro wrote:
"
I'm currently torn between KMQ's Exsanguinate, my MS Slayer and Pestilent PF...

Spoiler, Pestilent although got highest added damage gem buff of all skills it wont be S tier damage but more likely B tier. Still mechanically it remains one of the best melee gems.

There were several melee skills that I loved.
Ice Crash was by far the most fun when it was good.
Other skills I loved were:
- Dual Strike (or Double?? with vaal shadows mimicking my attacks)
- Earthquake (as at the time I was transitioning from D3 to PoE and falling it love with it)
- Ancestral Warchief (to me it was original at the time and infact the skill that convinced me it's worth supporting the game)
- Cleave (god I loved the fantasy of a Gladiator, although D4 did it better..years later)
- Cyclone (in Legion, covering a good portion of the screen, being what D2 2handed WW could only dream to be)
- Tectonic Slam (one of the highest fantasy-fulfilling skills)
- Ground Slam (I guess I loved WC3, so wanted to enact many melee skills from there)

If nothing of what I considered fun IS fun in this league, I'll go back to other games. I'm still considering making my own game (yes, I can).

"
de99ial wrote:
RF from Pohx. I had a blast during this league so im gonna do eet again.

I played that as a withdrawal build for 1 year ad-nauseum. I'm sorry, I can't, I just can't. I can't reduce the game to 1 skill again.

@above: Ground Slam is a top tier skill in 3.25. If you want some variety try Earthshatter with new warcries, it's gonna be fun. I'm gonna league start a Bleed Ground Slam Chieftain myself! :)
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
Theudys wrote:
I am torn between:

-RF Chief: Pohx, easiest guide to follow and easy leveling.

-Spark Inquis: Great guide and damage to by Anime Princess

-Siege Ballista Hiero: POE Guy has a nice guide and lazy play, love it.

Man I loved that dude, Animeprincess. Idc that he is or isn't (if you judge the nickname) but the build was fun even for a short while. I knew I didn't have the patience to play Spark that long to gear it for what it could ultimately do.
UtherTheLightbringer was a fun league start. It just didn't last for 40 challenges fun.

Never tried Siege Ballista in the long run, but I know I picked it often in first acts.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
[...]

@above: Ground Slam is a top tier skill in 3.25. If you want some variety try Earthshatter with new warcries, it's gonna be fun. I'm gonna league start a Bleed Ground Slam Chieftain myself! :)

That is good news, thank you, buddy!
Earthshatter I have played before and it was cool during acts, but I never took it in maps/endgame.
Your choice is enticing as well.
Chieftain supports elemental builds more, although idk what they did to it in the past year.

How do you think a Bleed Ground Slam Gladiator or even Juggernaut fare in maps?
Haven't decided for sure yet;

the most likely is a fairly bland bow pathfinder. I don't utilize flasks enough and it's a chance to really do so.

Another prospect is a ghostwrithe es stacking trickster. Possibly using traps/mines because I haven't explored traps and mines enough; though with the new item bases it mildly reduces the advantage of going ghostwrithe rather than just good es items.

Lastly I might try a wand user, as it's one of the many things on my list of builds to try, and there were a lot of moderate wand buffs this patch that add up to making wand attacks quite a bit more damaging, maybe 50% more dps or so. Going for 100% crit rate wand might be fun.
"
al3xro wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
[...]

That is good news, thank you, buddy!
Earthshatter I have played before and it was cool during acts, but I never took it in maps/endgame.
Your choice is enticing as well.
Chieftain supports elemental builds more, although idk what they did to it in the past year.

How do you think a Bleed Ground Slam Gladiator or even Juggernaut fare in maps?

Chieftain offers tons of goodies for AoE melee skills due to Warcry buff effect (Sione notable is literally OP) + a "free" level 20 Fist of War for the gem setup in body armour.

Gladiator has Bleed pops for 20% which are nice for clear early on. Second bleed node I am torn on. You can get very good chance to cause Aggravation on bleeds from passive tree investment (+10% chance from Vulnerability quality), so skills like Earthshatter of Prominence and Earthquake have an easier time proccing it without Gladiator ascendancy.

The problem with Gladiator for the Bleed archetype is that Bleed favours 2-handed weapons. That means we lose potential from Weapon Master (dual-weild node) and we don't care about block.

Maybe someone comes up with a crazy counterattack bleed build. Then you'd take both Measured Retaliation and War of Attrition, but if not you're stuck with Merc Lab basically.

Juggernaut on the other hand offers very little in terms of scaling Bleed damage. Defensively it'll have an edge, though overall Chieftain is the better package deal imo.

If you want to review Chieftain, I can share my WIP PoB for Friday (subject to change of course): https://pobb.in/dhHljTATObi7
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Ok, i'm set on starter.

Pestilent/Molten Strike poison Occultist xD

I'm testing it now for 2 days and it's amazing. Clear with Pestilent is godly. It clears easily Blight Ravaged maps with 1/3 of it's strength.
Frozen pulse totem(ice spear against strong bosses) looks fun and different but it is also a glass canon build, will take some time to get used to this. If it is really too squishy will I just change to a tanky hiero build(like whatever is most played in HC)
Last edited by kolpo on Jul 24, 2024, 4:17:41 PM
"
Ok, i'm set on starter.

Pestilent/Molten Strike poison Occultist xD

I'm testing it now for 2 days and it's amazing. Clear with Pestilent is godly. It clears easily Blight Ravaged maps with 1/3 of it's strength.

It who or what?

How does Pestilent fare vs. Caustic Arrow?

I've played CA Occultist with Viridi and 2 magic rings long ago and it was fun and relatively cheap, but it was definitely limited on bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info