I Don't Understand POE Trade

Why does it seem like the first 10 to 15 sellers listed do not want to trade? For instance, a Divine orb is shown as selling around 218 Chaos. The players at 220, 219, AND 218 do not actually sell. The player at 217 might sell, but it is the 216 and 215 players that are actually selling.

Why can't seller and buyer get together easier? A player lists an item and is allowed to continue to play without interruption. A player buys the item, gets it, and returns to playing with the lease amount of delay.

Like I said, I do not understand POE Trade.
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2024, 11:22:29 AM
There's a large number of things GGG could do to make trade easier and more streamlined, but they don't want to do that, for various reasons.
- here's my sig
"
There's a large number of things GGG could do to make trade easier and more streamlined, but they don't want to do that, for various reasons.

Most of their reasons feel like a complete cop-out. It's a forced experience to sell mtx.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
"
Haqutta wrote:
Why does it seem like the first 10 to 15 sellers listed do not want to trade?

Because they dont. They are price fixers.
The lowest-price sellers have no intention of selling at all.

They are actually posting low prices so that other folks that want to sell are pricing even lower, then they snap up the items.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Haqutta wrote:
Why does it seem like the first 10 to 15 sellers listed do not want to trade?

Because they dont. They are price fixers.

This is certainly a plausible explanation.

But also, when we have a trade mechanic where you have to leave your map (and use a portal) to make a trade - in a league that gives you more currency per time spent in your map than any other league, people just can't be bothered to answer low currency trades; it's just not worth their time.

The best two things you can do as a buyer to increase your chances at a successful trade, are:

1) Don't be overly cheap; the lowest prices on PoE Trade are (often) not accurate

2) Always arrange your trade search based on when the item was put on trade, especially regarding low currency trade. A seller that JUST put a 5c item up on trade is more likely to answer, than a person that put the same 5c item up saven days ago.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
To add information to last folks: Start adding those who don't want to trade tô your ignore list. It gets easier.
♣ IGN: DoctaMagicFinder
♣ My YouTube channel: youtube.com/doctagaming
♠ Proud brazilian player.
The given example can be prevented by selling your chaos orbs for divines instead of trying to buy a divine orb. It just works and you don't have to wisper nobody^^
75% of PoE player base on PC is a bot or china farmer, farming currency to sell on there shop. They sell the currency and then steal credit cards or any information they can.

It doesn't get talked about but its the truth. They run the currency trading.
"
Phrazz wrote:

But also, when we have a trade mechanic where you have to leave your map (and use a portal) to make a trade - in a league that gives you more currency per time spent in your map than any other league, people just can't be bothered to answer low currency trades; it's just not worth their time.

I despise people like that. If you wont bother leaving map for such trade, dont list item at all. I dont bother with anything belowe 10c so I dont list anything below 10c.
Worst kind of players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info