It's been a month, can you fix EU already?

"
Zrevnur wrote:

Do you even understand what a VPN is?
What is stopping GGG from "being a VPN" in that sense? Nothing really other than effort/cost/will.

More than you apparently.
A VPN gives you literally just a different routing over other servers instead of the regular routing your Internet provider would use, along with the other useful perks that come along with a VPN like a different IP address and so on.
The later part doesn't really matter as only the different routing fixes the issue.
Lot's of regular EU connections rout through a telia server which is know to cause problems since years cause it's a unresolved issue on their side.

Also no, a game server on it's own can't be a VPN cause your VPN is litteraly just a server on it's own creating a connection between you and the game server as sort of "middle man". Pretty much what your normal connection would do as well just with the difference that you deal with the terrible server routing.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jan 10, 2024, 9:52:37 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
A VPN gives you literally just a different routing over other servers
Not necessarily true. VPN services often encrypt for example.

"
Pashid wrote:
instead of the regular routing your Internet provider would use,
Using VPN does not bypass ISP if you are trying to imply that.

"
Pashid wrote:
along with the other useful perks that come along with a VPN like a different IP address and so on.
The later part doesn't really matter as only the different routing fixes the issue.
You got actual evidence for that? Not that it changes my point here that GGG can fix it. But it would be interesting to know the reason for VPN fixing it. Not just speculation.

"
Pashid wrote:
Lot's of regular EU connections rout through a telia server which is know to cause problems since years cause it's a unresolved issue on their side.
I have read these claims. Whether true or not doesnt matter in regards to whether GGG can fix it if VPN can fix it.

"
Pashid wrote:
Also no, a game server on it's own can't be a VPN cause your VPN is litteraly just a server on it's own creating a connection between you and the game server as sort of "middle man".
Whats your point? Nothing stops GGG from doing the same as the VPN provider. Which is my point.

"
Pashid wrote:
Pretty much what your normal connection would do as well just with the difference that you deal with the terrible server routing.
Now care to explain why GGG cant get the magic VPN routing? Obviously GGG can get the magic VPN routing too. In the same way the VPN gets it.

So far nothing you write actually counters my claim: GGG can fix it if VPN fixes it.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
EU servers are still broken, GGG, please. go to affliction wood with 200-1000 latency and be really "satisfy with this shit.
Every 15-30 min I receive a mass decrease of latency time.
GGG, are you going to make something with this problem ?
Anybody tried traceroute to check where the problem is?
I was beginning to wind down my playtime, but it was the EU server issues that persuaded me to step away entirely.

The complete loss of portals and the roll-backing of acquired loot was just too much.

I pray that GGG finds a solution before 3.24
"
hasatt0 wrote:
Anybody tried traceroute to check where the problem is?
There seem to be different problems.

Portal loss & rollback are GGG server side. No client side tracerouting can fix or pinpoint that.

For other problems this may be helpful. Have seen posts in the past of some who did, dont have details though.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Pashid wrote:

Best you can do as a player is to use a vpn to bypass the terrible routing you have to deal with with your normal connection, or switch over to a less terrible internet provider. Helps with all games, not just PoE.

Appreciate the desire to help , but the last advice is not that easy to follow. How should we know who's a less terrible internet provider ? Keep making and breaking contracts with them until we find the one with a good routing to PoE servers ?
I have the same problems, sometimes game is unplayable. Especially on evenings. I have no such problems in other online games (like Apex legends). Is there any way this could be improved?
Last edited by Zdechlak_ on Jan 12, 2024, 4:48:33 AM
Please fix EU server!!!

Game is unplayable, I play a bit, lag goes to heaven, disconnected. I lost items, I did a lot of Labs for points, and did not finish them because of disconnects, and all kind of issues.

I know is a free game, but I did pay for things in this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info