It's been a month, can you fix EU already?

Honestly, at this point people should be demanding compensation, zero excuse for letting it drag out this long.
what if find rude is that they are not saying anything about it , not a word out of ggg , and as i am writing this i got dced LOOOOL
I lost 2 highly juiced currency maps to lag spikes.
Pressed F1 to see the latency and it literally fluctuated from 25 what i usually get to 500 to 1000 randomly followed by disconnections.
I had 4 more portals left and i lost all of them from one disconnection.
Followed by the game's progressively worsening performance with each content update.
POE is the only game you need a computing degree to play.

Having issues as well. I just lost my map, and map boss kill + drops, due to a disconnect and mini rollback.

Never really had these issues before, but this league it has been noticeable.
"
Delia222 wrote:
I lost 2 highly juiced currency maps to lag spikes.
Pressed F1 to see the latency and it literally fluctuated from 25 what i usually get to 500 to 1000 randomly followed by disconnections.
I had 4 more portals left and i lost all of them from one disconnection.
Followed by the game's progressively worsening performance with each content update.
Portals poofing => server/instance crashed = entirely on GGGs side and not a connection (with player) thing.

"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Having issues as well. I just lost my map, and map boss kill + drops, due to a disconnect and mini rollback.

Never really had these issues before, but this league it has been noticeable.
Rollback = server/instance failure = entirely on GGGs side.

--

So apparently there are multiple types of problems in the EU. And it may be non-trivial to always distinct them.

If they cant (or dont want to) even make their servers work internally then this doesnt look good...
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
GGG CAN FIX THIS[/span] - assuming VPN usage fixes it.

And how are they supposed to fix it? Have CW personally call all the European internet provider (with problems) and tell them to fix their terrible routing, or call the server in Telia and tell them to fix their shit? Hundred of customer complains over the past years didn't fix shit so surely a call of a random NZ guy wouldn't do anything either if you expect something to change that way lol.

Best you can do as a player is to use a vpn to bypass the terrible routing you have to deal with with your normal connection, or switch over to a less terrible internet provider. Helps with all games, not just PoE.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jan 10, 2024, 6:53:05 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:
GGG CAN FIX THIS[/span] - assuming VPN usage fixes it.

And how are they supposed to fix it? Have CW personally call all the European internet provider (with problems) and tell them to fix their terrible routing, or call the server in Telia and tell them to fix their shit? Hundred of customer complains over the past years didn't fix shit so surely a call of a random NZ guy wouldn't do anything either if you expect something to change that way lol.
Did you actually read my linked post?

If routing through a VPN improves the performance then GGG can do what the VPN provider does:
1. Place server in proper location.
2. And maybe do some other things whatever the VPNs are doing. Like not reconnect/rerout with every instance switch. Etc.

(This got nothing to do with trying to change the (bad) system which apparently you are implying that I implied which I didnt.)

"
Pashid wrote:
Best you can do as a player is to use a vpn to bypass the terrible routing you have to deal with with your normal connection, or switch over to a less terrible internet provider. Helps with all games, not just PoE.
I know that VPN supposedly can help or according to some reports completely fix this. Which is the base for my reasoning here.
"
Zrevnur wrote:

If routing through a VPN improves the performance then GGG can do what the VPN provider does:
2. And maybe do some other things whatever the VPNs are doing. Like not reconnect/rerout with every instance switch. Etc.

And how is a different server location supposed to fix the routing issues caused by your Internet provider?
Even if the server sit in a different place you'd still have to deal with the same terrible routing issues.

A VPN just fixes the problem cause you bypass the terrible routing to the server with a better routing. That's literally something out of ggg's or any game companies business.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jan 10, 2024, 9:13:34 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

And how is a different server location is supposed to fix the routing issues caused by your Internet provider?
Even if the server sit in a different place you'd still have to deal with the same terrible routing issues.

A VPN just fixes the problem cause you bypass the terrible routing to the server with a better routing. That's literally something out of ggg's or any game companies business.

Do you even understand what a VPN is?
What is stopping GGG from "being a VPN" in that sense? Nothing really other than effort/cost/will.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info