It's been a month, can you fix EU already?

please
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2024, 3:41:39 AM
A friend of mine found out that it's a routing issue. When he uses a VPN he gets a stable ping, so maybe that could help you?

It's kinda crazy that this hasn't been addressed yet
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

It's kinda crazy that this hasn't been addressed yet

That's GGG's bread and butter when it comes to technical issues, they pretend the issue doesn't exist. It's like when trade goes down for hours and not a single word from them, but their ingame messages asking people to buy tabs never fails.

I play FF 14 and it's night and day when it comes to issues like that, and they run MMO servers that require a ton of maintenance.

That's why I laugh every time I read someone suggesting a battle log. Their little servers would probably explode.
I had a spike from 8ms to 10ms on London earlier, sad times
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Game breaking.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
This was my gaming experience since it started . One month into TOTA league You enter an instance and the latency you have remains constant as long as you stay in that instance . I noticed three different ranges . The normal latency , the best your ISP can provide . The high latency , varying from 150 to 700 ms . And the extreme one . Several thousand ms . So every time you re-enter an instance , even if that instance had the best latency when it was created , you will have a new latency , randomly from one of those three . You get unlucky , a thing that happen most of the time , and you get the high and extreme latency , there goes your 6 portals .
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Very cool and I'm happy that your connection is this stable. Personally, my experience has been great as well. But I know quite a few people who had a horrendous experience for the past month, so let's not poke fun at that
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
RandallPOE wrote:

The thing is there are a lot of EU players complaining about the same thing. This is not like the usual "why does POE runs like shit on my Pentium with onboard graphics"
Has been particularly bad recently. Some instances seem to be permantently bad no matter how often I try to reconnect. Others are good or can be "fixed" by reconnecting. On the same gateway. And problem is very different at different times of the day.

Also posts such as these suggest that this is not a player side problem but a GGG side problem - meaning their servers are in bad spots or poorly connected:
"
[–]Augmenta 1 point 8 hours ago

I was trying to bulk trade last night and about half of the EU players I would try to trade with, the following would occur:

really long load times for hideout(2-3 minutes)
sometimes never loaded and had to close game
when it did load, either couldn't trade or had several seconds lag on every click. So each time going in to trade would take up to ten seconds to go in. It would queue up the clicks, so the items would jankily move to the trade window.
Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/18ydlkt/the_game_has_been_unplayable_for_many_of_us_eu/kgag0wk/

Also if VPN can workaround this then it suggests that the hardware infrastructure in EU is good enough and its some weird problem that shouldnt exist. Like somebody downgrading PoE traffic or whatever - whatever the exact possibilities are.

Edit: If the last part was not clear. If GGG would do whatever the VPN providers do then they could make it work. So yes this is something that GGG CAN FIX assuming VPN usage fixes it.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Jan 4, 2024, 7:00:50 PM
the problem can't be on my side. I have stable ping on new york and moscow. but it's terrible on eu servers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info