It's been a month, can you fix EU already?

"
iuiulitza wrote:
This was my gaming experience since it started . One month into TOTA league You enter an instance and the latency you have remains constant as long as you stay in that instance . I noticed three different ranges . The normal latency , the best your ISP can provide . The high latency , varying from 150 to 700 ms . And the extreme one . Several thousand ms . So every time you re-enter an instance , even if that instance had the best latency when it was created , you will have a new latency , randomly from one of those three . You get unlucky , a thing that happen most of the time , and you get the high and extreme latency , there goes your 6 portals .

What you described can be possibly explained by DDoS attacks. Not saying that's the reason but I find it interesting to put this here.

So, the instances are a host server process (basically an application that runs every time an instance is requested by a player). The instance process is assigned a particular server (a computer out of, dunno, maybe 100) which has a free CPU/Core/thread. If the whole server cluster (those 100 computers) are under DDoS attacks, some of them will experience varying levels of latency/routing issues/packet loss. So, getting the best latency/server is RNG (haha).
some instancse are still terribly lagging, while some instances on the same server are perfectly fine

any fix soon?
Wouldn't want to spend too much money on the game so their player for once have a good experience. Sorry you'll have to keep those server.
Why am I still here
I would very much appreciate if their servers took the step into 2024, and not linger in 2013. It's been bad in EU this league. Very bad.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
hasatt0 wrote:

What you described can be possibly explained by DDoS attacks. Not saying that's the reason but I find it interesting to put this here.

So, the instances are a host server process (basically an application that runs every time an instance is requested by a player). The instance process is assigned a particular server (a computer out of, dunno, maybe 100) which has a free CPU/Core/thread. If the whole server cluster (those 100 computers) are under DDoS attacks, some of them will experience varying levels of latency/routing issues/packet loss. So, getting the best latency/server is RNG (haha).

Here's the thing . After midnight all the way into the morning , the latency is the best , absolutely no lag . The exact time interval when EU players are sleeping. So is it possible that the program responsible with servers routing , are overloaded during the day and redirect EU players trough servers from US or Asia and vice versa ? Or maybe the servers needs an upgrade , because they can't handle a large amount of players ? I don't know .
"
iuiulitza wrote:
"
hasatt0 wrote:

Here's the thing . After midnight all the way into the morning , the latency is the best , absolutely no lag . The exact time interval when EU players are sleeping. So is it possible that the program responsible with servers routing , are overloaded during the day and redirect EU players trough servers from US or Asia and vice versa ? Or maybe the servers needs an upgrade , because they can't handle a large amount of players ? I don't know .

All the reasons mentioned can be the cause (DDoS, EU routing/conjestion, PoE servers overloading etc). I dunno, maybe there is a football league happening somewhere and everybody and their dog are streaming the matches before midnight. Someone mentioned a particular congested Eu route (Telia?). Maybe, the underwater fiber is damaged and there is a loss in bandwidth (this happened two or three times with the fiber in the Arabian Sea.

I think one thing we can say for certainty is that this is not an issue with player hardware (so people can stop suggesting that only a 4090 tri SLI with 64 GB RAM and 60000 R/W NvMe will solve their issues lol).
I use an EU server and I have zero issues and I live in the EU.

Did you reduce your graphics settings maybe?

Many years ago we did a lot to lower our graphics settings.

With that said try a different server?

I run web games myself and my servers are in Chicago and they snap back to me in microseconds so distance isn't such a huge issue if your issue is with EU servers.
"
gw2titan01 wrote:

I run web games myself and my servers are in Chicago and they snap back to me in microseconds so distance isn't such a huge issue if your issue is with EU servers.

Let's not start this. Numerous people have echoed the same server issues, myself included. It's not due to our graphics settings when the ping to the server is spiking to 300-1000ms during peak hours or rising to infinity before disconnecting.

Cut the crap. There are issues with their European servers/data center.

Servers were terrible during Christmas holiday but have been fine for me for a week until tonight when London was unplayable for the majority of the evening. Amsterdam was fine. So was my hardware.
Last edited by MyzPoE on Jan 7, 2024, 5:48:46 PM
thinkin that this league EU servers are full of bots that farm currency because mirrors drop like candy, too bad for EU players and EU servers, tried every server possible, avoid especially Frankfurt that's the worst server to play atm
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//
"
gw2titan01 wrote:

it has nothing to do with graphics settings. still having latency fluctuations in hideout while I have stable 144 fps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info