Content Update 3.23.0 -- Path of Exile: Affliction

Gonna be a sick league!!
Goddamnit, the SRS change is so damn confusing and this is why I hate POE sometimes.

HOW ON EARTH did anyone find out the 38% more damage worked with added damage before and now that it will be implemented into the skill damage it wont scale any of your added damage you add.. WWAAAYYYTOODANK.
Mathils actual cat
"
Why remove alternate quality gems?
I love my Anomalous Kinetic Bolt build, it's super fun. Now it's being REMOVED. You're not nerfing, but REMOVING my favourite build from the game.

Why?

I don't think I'm going to bother investing my time in this game anymore, having your rag pulled from under you is trash.

I agree with you. I really wish they would leave them in. Why remove them? They are killing many builds by removing them. GGG always does this. Why kill our old builds? I like to log on to standard occasionally and play my old builds for nostalgia.
Last edited by dudebrahman on Nov 30, 2023, 10:17:25 PM
Great patch notes, really liked polished decision about alternate quality gems. Thank you ggg, as always, great game, and great devs!
"
dudebrahman wrote:
"
Why remove alternate quality gems?
I love my Anomalous Kinetic Bolt build, it's super fun. Now it's being REMOVED. You're not nerfing, but REMOVING my favourite build from the game.

Why?

I don't think I'm going to bother investing my time in this game anymore, having your rag pulled from under you is trash.

I agree with you. I really wish they would leave them in. Why remove them? They are killing many builds by removing them. GGG always does this. Why kill our old builds? I like to log on to standard occasionally and play my old builds for nostalgia.

More than anything, consider those two scenarios:

1. If the new Transfigured gems are going to be that much better than the inferior Alternate-quality gems, then why remove the weaker gems that give extra options to begin with?
2. If the new Transfigured gems are NOT going to be better than the already-existing Alternate-quality gems, why not leave the powerful alternate-quality gems as legacy for Standard in the same way powerful legacy items are left there?

Truly puzzling.
Uh what, did they really BUFF boneshatter....
AND the God damn melee totems that everyone HATES to use...
And they removed the CDR off generals cry... WHY? Without tatoos that is a huge nerf.

Some of these new gem qual decisions are insane.

Awesome. About time y'all got rid of Metamorph. Served its purpose. This may very well be my longest played league :-)
this looks like total hotdog water both of my skills got nerfed hard lets hope it has a good transfigure lol
Pog but RIP RF
I think these are the worst patch notes I have ever seen (been playing extensively since Breach league), and I've been dissatisfied in the past. There's no meta shakeup, do you know how long we have waited ? And no the gems don't fulfill that role sorry, stop coping.

1. League mechanic seems to be a mix between the delve cart and ghosting, meh looks extremely, extremely unfun. I need to follow some wisps in the darkness in order to ''buff'' some mobs in the map so that they drop more loot, are you kidding me.
2. The meta is NOT getting reshaped, people need to stop getting baited. The transfigured gems will equal to some of the helm lab enchant from old and/or alternate skill gems. In fact we lost boot, glove, helm enchant, and all alternate quality gems.
3. No nerfs to Deadeye, Pathfinder, Tornado Shot, Lightning Arrow, etc. Assassin and Gladiator still trash.
4. Ambush on the map device, Enraged strongbox still in the game, Crimson Temple still on the atlas... Another MF Deadeye strongbox meta.
5. Ultimatum, hahahaha. Did people asking for Ultimatum's return really run that mechanic more than 50 times ? Or even 200-300x ? Because it becomes boring and tedious real fast, and often you don't even get any good loot besides a stack of 5c... Overrated, rose-tinted glasses, mediocre mechanic at best.

I was so hyped for this league, like many other content creators and players, hoping for a real meta shake-up (true buffs and nerfs to outlier skills and ascendancies) as well as a fun league mechanic; but all hype is now gone. The direction taken by GGG regarding balance and meta shakeup is despicable, it's been the almost exact same for the past 2 years; same league starters, same endgame builds, same everything.
People need to stop spreading their ass cheeks for GGG to do what they want without saying anything.

I made the mistake of purchasing an MTX this month in anticipation, but I swear this will be the last time I ever buy something from your shop.

How hard can it be to significantly nerf/buff outliers skills and ascendancies twice per year, the exact way you used to do it in the past?!?!
Congratulations, you have officially become COMPLETELY out of touch with the game.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
Last edited by Senju_Hyoketsu on Nov 30, 2023, 10:54:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info