3.22 Performance

"
Kadamose wrote:
It's hilarious that this is all happening during a mercury retrograde. It's not a coincidence, especially for a game all about astrology and alchemy.

The mercury retrograde doesn't end until the 14th of September, so don't expect a fix until then.

((((((((
I already gave up league. Latency issues all the time, when NONE from other games I play have that. They don't know what the hell they do with their game, they shit on players and ignore them. Best they can do is trying to blame players that it must be a problem on player end, not GGG's. I like this game, but sadly I just can't play it after changes. I just hope poe 2 won't have that problems.
Latency is killing my will to play. 90% of the time I feel like I play with 500ms when it says 40ms. It reminds me of playing on TV with a frame generator. Awful.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
SloppyJoker wrote:
"
Kadamose wrote:
It's hilarious that this is all happening during a mercury retrograde. It's not a coincidence, especially for a game all about astrology and alchemy.

The mercury retrograde doesn't end until the 14th of September, so don't expect a fix until then.

High-quality troll post right there. lol

Anyway... UP (for the 10000th time).

It wasn't meant to be a troll post...

Potato gamer here (GTX 1050, i5-3470, 8GB Ram) using all the lowest settings, DX11, fullscreen at 800x600.

The campaign into mapping journey had a tad bit of problems during the first week with longer loading times compared to before. However it feels like every performance fix that happened has made my experience even worse. Shader is always in use most of the time, 6.1gb ram consumption, and massive CPU ms spikes (highest is about 20k). Ingame I can barely have a stable 60fps and I would wait for a 10 minute loading time just for the game to boot me back into the main screen. Entering my own hideout takes a long time to load and even worse on other people's hideout.

Please consider us with lower end PCs.
We should make some thread for builds and performance related to it.

CF Kinetic Blast - 3/10
Hexblast - 10/10
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Last edited by Dxt44 on Sep 2, 2023, 1:02:04 PM
!!!!WARNING DISCLAIMER!!!!
-----------------------------------RANT WARNING-------------------------------
GGG you gotta step your game up, for a dev team to receive a few hundred thousand every league start to worsen the performance of your servers is mind boggling. All these people support your game one way or another, whether that's buying MTX, or supporter packs, watching a streamer, or even promoting the game themselves and at the end of the day the only thing this company is worried about is how much money they can get in their pocket without providing a reasonable trade off. Honestly following the rest of the gaming companies is just gonna ruin this game like all the other AAA title gotcha BS. You can sit here and say that PoE 2 is gonna be good blah blah blah. How can it be good if its gonna run on the same engine, and same dogshit servers? You'd think for such a complicated game the devs or tech team would make better utilization of those resources. Just think if you took a good chunk of your earnings, got a more stable and better optimized engine, and maybe paid for better server hosting services, you'd probably retain for more players instead of 80% of your reoccurring players quitting after the first month of gameplay. Sometimes quality of life and stability is what retains player base, not how much bullshit can we slam this game with. Most of the players rarely touch other league mechanics unless they either heavily enjoyed it or they have a way to profit from it, and that's all they do, the other bit of players barely know how the mechanics work and they probably wont be around long enough to make it to their first shaper fight.

Long story short, GGG take the time to work on the important parts of your game before you try pumping out content, look at how many dead games there are because they have hundreds of hours of content, but terrible performance, stability, and poor quality of life aspects to the game. Idk if game devs think we the consumer dont notice the lack of effort in attempts to do as little as possible to get paid as much as possible. When a dev team has a real passion for their game and not their pockets, their team will be incredibly successful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the players of this community, why do you all just settle? Why constantly give money to someone for little to nothing in return? I pay for supporter packs in hopes that this company would do something for all the money they get. Well not anymore, I don't think I can see myself helping such a selfish company anymore, not until they start caring about what made them what they are today, and that's their fanbase. I think if the player base collectively saw the sheet being pulled over their head, you'd realize that if 80% quit and said meh we can wait till this company really wants to try, they'd either go bankrupt or listen to the QoL improvements being requested. In other words, YOUR letting GGG make bank off you, without providing anything other than what's expected. GGG is making a fool out of US the PLAYERS! They just read our requests, laugh, and watch their pockets get fatter. Just to prove a point, go through this thread alone (technical support>3.22 performance) and just look at how many times anyone from GGG actually chimed in to help or provide solutions other than the run of the mill 'visit our FAQ section for performance issues'
At the end of the day, it is just a free game. If you buy the support pack and expect that they will bow for you, man. It's not a small team. It's easy to blame the whole company but it's not like all they do bad job.
I am angry too, but sometimes you just must move on.

I am pretty sure they using assets from Path of Exile 2 in ToTA, so they can't easily revert this particle engine changes so easily.
In the past, I bet they just converted those assets to an older engine.
GGG respond PLZ

YOur last update, with a new system engine...is not WORKING as intended
"
Dxt44 wrote:
At the end of the day, it is just a free game. If you buy the support pack and expect that they will bow for you, man. It's not a small team. It's easy to blame the whole company but it's not like all they do bad job.
I am angry too, but sometimes you just must move on.

I am pretty sure they using assets from Path of Exile 2 in ToTA, so they can't easily revert this particle engine changes so easily.
In the past, I bet they just converted those assets to an older engine.

You've been playing this game for less than a year, so before you chime in, ive got 8 years on this game. Huge difference, no ones saying they need to bow to me because I paid for supporter packs. Im saying that with 20k people buying supporter packs, at the absolute minimum thats $1.2m they could very easily reinvest into improving the frame work of the game, everthing behind the scenes, but instead they use that money to pay design artists to make new MTX, bosses and maps. Not improving the game itself, just adding a little more playtime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info