3.22 Performance

These issues now also apply to the site, in full.
I am emotionally & mentally drained through the sharking waters.
mine is taking a long time to load the loading screen
did someone follow to fix it?
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
eddy_alfa wrote:
There are a ton of issues.
A close friend of mine are having these "freezes".
What we did was:

disable multithreading
cap his foreground fps at 140
disable vsync
Then switch between directx11 and 12

Its not the same for everyone, but there are ways to make the game smoother.
So my advice is: experiment with the settings...

Alot of ppl has been complaining, now its time to try and fix what you can fix yourself, until ggg makes the BIG fixes.

While I agree with their saying we shouldn't "need to fix the game", you did remind me that I disabled multi threading and it was still bad with a similar fps cap, so I renabled it and set the fps cap even lower to 60. Will see how that goes, ty.

Also, it's 1000% noticeable it's mostly a server issue on my end dealing with the shaders downloading. If I can play before the USA 9-5's get on and after, the game is much smoother inside the USA realms. Hopefully limiting fps to 60 will reduce whatever amount of shaders are trying to be "used?" if it's all fps based.

Fun fact, Destiny 2's mechanics are mostly all FPS based as well. PCs with higher FPS have instances where they can both do more dps and take more dps as dmg is counted per frame tick, lol. It was all fun and games until there's certain pathing mechanics that require the game to move you, but if your fps is too high, the game keeps dropping you to your death, so I had to cap to 30fps to use them. Fun times, hopefully GGG isnt going that route to compensate for consoles.

/e the quote thing messed up, no clue how but i'm sure it makes sense somewhere

/e nope shaders still a slideshow, even desperately swapped to the non-64 client, even worse lol
Last edited by Heken on Aug 29, 2023, 10:09:26 PM
It's hilarious that this is all happening during a mercury retrograde. It's not a coincidence, especially for a game all about astrology and alchemy.

The mercury retrograde doesn't end until the 14th of September, so don't expect a fix until then.
Last edited by Kadamose on Aug 30, 2023, 4:03:06 AM
Performance seems to be specific to windows, when running PoE on my linux install, not only is the frame rate stable without issues, but loading times are significantly better despite being installed on a slower drive (linux is on an SSD, Windows on nvme so 10x the speed.

Linux just can't reach the same high frame rates due to the work involved with Proton.
Last edited by MadMossy on Aug 30, 2023, 4:50:12 AM
"
Kadamose wrote:
It's hilarious that this is all happening during a mercury retrograde. It's not a coincidence, especially for a game all about astrology and alchemy.

The mercury retrograde doesn't end until the 14th of September, so don't expect a fix until then.
i dont have educated values about the topic but i think the engine was released 3.21.2 which is like pre august? it's also interesting if it ends mid sep
I gave up on the league, the constant crashes just suck all the fun out of the game.

I have two builds lvl 92 and 93, I usually aim for at least 98 on any build I enjoy but its impossible to progress further because I lose so much XP to crashes.

I tried basicaly anything anyone posted on the internet as a solution to the problem, nothing helped. It feels like the last patch makes me crash even more.

Three things that stood out to me are:

I almost never crash while playing the campaing.

Some crashes seem to happen at the very moment a item drops and a loot filter sound is played.

Setting global illumination to high or ultra makes me crash more (it was perfectly fine in 3.21). Deactivating it doesnt fix it.
Last edited by Zerber on Aug 30, 2023, 5:32:59 AM
My shader cache was corrupted. This solved it for me:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3421152
Last edited by GregoryAdams on Aug 30, 2023, 12:57:17 PM
"
Heken wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
eddy_alfa wrote:
There are a ton of issues.
A close friend of mine are having these "freezes".
What we did was:

disable multithreading
cap his foreground fps at 140
disable vsync
Then switch between directx11 and 12

Its not the same for everyone, but there are ways to make the game smoother.
So my advice is: experiment with the settings...

Alot of ppl has been complaining, now its time to try and fix what you can fix yourself, until ggg makes the BIG fixes.

While I agree with their saying we shouldn't "need to fix the game", you did remind me that I disabled multi threading and it was still bad with a similar fps cap, so I renabled it and set the fps cap even lower to 60. Will see how that goes, ty.

Also, it's 1000% noticeable it's mostly a server issue on my end dealing with the shaders downloading. If I can play before the USA 9-5's get on and after, the game is much smoother inside the USA realms. Hopefully limiting fps to 60 will reduce whatever amount of shaders are trying to be "used?" if it's all fps based.

Fun fact, Destiny 2's mechanics are mostly all FPS based as well. PCs with higher FPS have instances where they can both do more dps and take more dps as dmg is counted per frame tick, lol. It was all fun and games until there's certain pathing mechanics that require the game to move you, but if your fps is too high, the game keeps dropping you to your death, so I had to cap to 30fps to use them. Fun times, hopefully GGG isnt going that route to compensate for consoles.

/e the quote thing messed up, no clue how but i'm sure it makes sense somewhere

/e nope shaders still a slideshow, even desperately swapped to the non-64 client, even worse lol

MY fps is capped at 60. I havnt had any issues, but some of my friends has been struggling with what seems like lag, just not latency based lag but fps drop lag.
I hope they launch a fix for it. So far lowering your fps seems like a temporary solution.
"
Kadamose wrote:

High-quality troll post right there. lol

Anyway... UP (for the 10000th time).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info