Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors Teasers

"
mrblue1089 wrote:
Why not Auction House? What if i want to trade for 4.5 divs, and i have 3 divs, 189c, 3000 chromes and 20.000 rogue's mark?
Only some small QoL in trade doesn't make your trade system's experience feel better.

I would guess if you alt over any currency it will tell you the total of that currency in the trade window.
It will be handy for currency like essences.
"
mrblue1089 wrote:
Why not Auction House? What if i want to trade for 4.5 divs, and i have 3 divs, 189c, 3000 chromes and 20.000 rogue's mark?
Only some small QoL in trade doesn't make your trade system's experience feel better.

I don't understand why people don't drop this, trading is just fine the way it is.
small QoL for trading? LOGIN BOIS!
"
Vocasek9 wrote:

Yes. Fast trading of essences could be tricky because of stupid stacking by 9.
Mirror of Kalandra?
Last edited by ama on Aug 10, 2023, 1:02:40 AM
"
"
mrblue1089 wrote:

I don't understand why people don't drop this, trading is just fine the way it is.

That's satire right? You think having to spam like 5 pages of people for basic trades is a good system? Why can't I just buy some stashtab that has like a 4x4 grid, and instead of listing an exact price, you list a buyout price, that way, if you're offline, they can still buy the item, if the API pulls listings for websites like poetrade and the ggg trade site, why can't there be a "whisper offer" and "buyout" option?

The current trade system is atrocious especially for those of us who aren't buying big ticket items. If you whisper someone for an item worth 5+ divine, you usually get a response, but otherwise you're screwed.

I don't know if an auction house is the answer, maybe a whisper limit, if too many people whisper you for an item and you don't reply, it takes it off the listing for inactivity or something, that would get rid of a lot of scammers/lowballers/price fixers etc.
"
ama wrote:
"
Vocasek9 wrote:

Yes. Fast trading of essences could be tricky because of stupid stacking by 9.

Not tricky, educational. If you don't know your 9 times table when you start trading essences, you sure as shit will by the end :)
"
ADEPT_ wrote:
"
"
mrblue1089 wrote:

That's satire right? You think having to spam like 5 pages of people for basic trades is a good system? Why can't I just buy some stashtab that has like a 4x4 grid, and instead of listing an exact price, you list a buyout price, that way, if you're offline, they can still buy the item, if the API pulls listings for websites like poetrade and the ggg trade site, why can't there be a "whisper offer" and "buyout" option?

The current trade system is atrocious especially for those of us who aren't buying big ticket items. If you whisper someone for an item worth 5+ divine, you usually get a response, but otherwise you're screwed.

I don't know if an auction house is the answer, maybe a whisper limit, if too many people whisper you for an item and you don't reply, it takes it off the listing for inactivity or something, that would get rid of a lot of scammers/lowballers/price fixers etc.

Auction house sounds not quite right (auction means: people offer, you pick highest bidder at the end of time window), it would work for items, currency would be bigger nightmare then now. I was thinking about shops: fixed price, automated sellout.

In the end: it's about automation. On server side (you can be offline, PoE trade servers do the job) or 3rd party - which works and, despite it being illegal to run shops like that, we (buyers) are using that bots to our advantage.

Development, maintenance and securing that kind of system comes with problems (from free2play, mature game):
- developer to make it,
- servers to run it (and have scalability to cover trade peaks),
- system that is easy to use and hard to exploit (for rmt/ fixing).

Devs (again, we are talking about mature and living game):
You need a team (not only devs, but analitics, qa, etc...) dedicated to creating and developing GOOD system. It is a sub-product that works out of game bounds. If you don't hire people, you need to move them away from content creation. And, taking into account that this system will not generate gains for the company, this is not a good move.

Servers
Costs, not gains. You need the system to be working. No disappearing shops/items/currency, not downtimes. You need efficient, flexible and responsive system in all locations. And they should be separated from game servers to avoid crashing game servers via automated trade (automation = you can automate the attack). Again, costs.

The fair-trade system
On one side you need automation, but on the other hand block auto-fixing and make rmt easy to detect (and punish, with close to none false-positives!). It is not an easy task. I don't know any case of trade system that would be resistant to negative behavior.

In the end, for mature game, with future plans in form of next game, it would be waste of resources. One could think about implementation of such a system in the beginning: long perspective, can have dedicated team because the game is fresh and does not need new content to stay alive, etc... so there is time and resources. As for costs and gains - this solution would still generate costs, but you also have time to cover it. You also don't get sudden anti-spike (can't think the right word) of gains because you move people from creating new content that generates money instead.

This analysis is based on my experience (as a QA and as a player). Also, took my time chatting with different developers from game-dev about it (especially with devs from Last Epoch team).
"
ADEPT_ wrote:

You think having to spam like 5 pages of people for basic trades is a good system?

Nobody spams 5 pages for trade. You can always just scroll down past the old/pricefixed trades.
And if you try to buy essences, chromes etc for 5c, well no surprise nobody trades, I wouldn't stop mapping for a 5c trade either.
This is for you all who want an auction or something similar. The developer has long defined his position on this issue and I am not sure that he will change his mind about this soon. Therefore, this is an empty rant on this issue. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info