Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors Teasers

"
I think the real benefit we would get from having an auction house isn't being able to instantly buy items without multiple PMs, but rather being able to play the game and not waste a portal while your items sell via the auction house.

This 100%
I just checked on the Path of Exile community and I'm over the moon to see the response to Harvest! Even when you're super confident in a launch, you're always afraid people will hate it or something terrible will happen. It's such a relief and a joy to see how happy everyone is! - Bex 20 Jun 2020
"
TheFrenchBoi wrote:
not having deli orb is a huge nerf and will never be worth it

I disagree, I think this will be used with the other keystone that gives you pack size in exchange for nodes, think of how many extra mobs on a map this will give you.
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
"
muzein wrote:

To Mr.Blue's point: If you only have 3 divs, don't shop for items you can't afford. If you want to convert other currencies to divination orbs then the time to do so is during some down time and not at the point of a purchase.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people try to buy my items with other currencies, thinking I want to convert them over to divs on the market more than they do. Do your own homework.

As for ADEPT: If you're whispering "5 pages" worth of people, you're doing it wrong. If it's a bulk trade your first whisper should start half-way down the list of results. If you want the absolute best market price, then just list your bulk currency and wait for someone to buy it. Alternatively, use the regular search function and sort by newest listed to find sellers who are the most recent and most likely to respond.

Most of the friction players encounter with trading is often sub-optimal use of the trade site. You don't need an auction house and more importantly the devs aren't adding one so this is something you'll have to improve on your own end.

Let me be frank. GGG has the wool pulled over everyone's eyes on the Auction House stuff.

It has nothing to do with authentic ARPG experience, or any of the other stuff they have been saying.

They want trading to be hard, because if there was an auction house, players would be able to gear up easier, complete what they wanted to easier, and then leave the league quicker.

Period.

There is no other reason. Its 100% about retention, and if there is one thing I dislike, its GGGs dishonesty on this front about why no Auction House.

The thing is, that's the one thing GGG has been unable or unwilling to try to solve - what content is there to keep someone here who has completed their build?

If they bothered to invest into that, then there wouldn't be any issues with an Auction House or power creep, because even power creep needs to be addressed due to retention - OP characters finish the leagues too quick by their metrics.

Have something that keeps people invested beyond character completion, and then this issues go away.

As for your AH criticisms, they are absurd. All one needs to code into an AH is what currencies you would be willing to take for your item, and lock out the ones you don't want. Only want chaos? Pick that. Only Divs? Pick that.

But don't stress - AH is never going to happen because retention, no matter how much it would be a boon to players.

Just tired of Auction houses getting demonized - they are a valuable player tool IF the game is set up right for them.
Last edited by ZionHalcyon on Aug 10, 2023, 9:14:28 AM
nice
"
ZionHalcyon wrote:

Let me be frank. GGG has the wool pulled over everyone's eyes on the Auction House stuff.

It has nothing to do with authentic ARPG experience, or any of the other stuff they have been saying.

They want trading to be hard, because if there was an auction house, players would be able to gear up easier, complete what they wanted to easier, and then leave the league quicker.

Period.

There is no other reason. Its 100% about retention, and if there is one thing I dislike, its GGGs dishonesty on this front about why no Auction House.

The thing is, that's the one thing GGG has been unable or unwilling to try to solve - what content is there to keep someone here who has completed their build?

If they bothered to invest into that, then there wouldn't be any issues with an Auction House or power creep, because even power creep needs to be addressed due to retention - OP characters finish the leagues too quick by their metrics.

Have something that keeps people invested beyond character completion, and then this issues go away.

As for your AH criticisms, they are absurd. All one needs to code into an AH is what currencies you would be willing to take for your item, and lock out the ones you don't want. Only want chaos? Pick that. Only Divs? Pick that.

But don't stress - AH is never going to happen because retention, no matter how much it would be a boon to players.

Just tired of Auction houses getting demonized - they are a valuable player tool IF the game is set up right for them.

100% sure? Man you gotta have some insight, where is your source for that confidence?
i hope GGG will ban that scammer from the video LMAO
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
I hope there is a function to watch the special effects of other players.. because I often see the special effects of other players and I like it but I don’t know what it is...
I'm way too hype please give patch notes!!!!!!1!!
What's the point of the currency total thing ??

"
ZionHalcyon wrote:
"
muzein wrote:

Period.

This guy gets it !

This is true to many parts of the game. Many nerfs, many difficulty increase, drops reduced and so on. It's also why Ruthless is a thing.
It's all about beeing busy the longest on the game. 'cause when you finally reach your dream gear, are able to farm the hardest content easy&quick, chances are you'll get tired of it and just go on Diablo IV... nvm... but on some good game :p
It's a bit sad 'cause it's actually fairly logic.. but aligned to heavy players while all the others just get screwed :/
Harvest in a nutshell : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517918-poeh.jpg
Ultimatum : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517789-ultimatum-league.png
Expedition : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701518028-poe-expedition-in-a-nutshell.png
I'm here for ALL the QoL updates <3

I can hardly wait for next Friday!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info