Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors Teasers

I've watched videos for 3 new support gems. What I found from those videos - NOTHING. PLS, don't shoot useless videos
Politeness is a weapon!
"
Lionzerer wrote:
This is for you all who want an auction or something similar. The developer has long defined his position on this issue and I am not sure that he will change his mind about this soon. Therefore, this is an empty rant on this issue. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870

Good. Honestly, trading in PoE is just as iconic as the Mirror of Kalandra.
(It needs heavy qol, no doubt.)
"

In Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors, you'll be able to hold the Alt key while hovering over a stack of Currency Items in the trade window to see the total quantity being offered.

HUGE QOL. Always hated all the counting. Big Thanks!

Suggestion : That said I think it would be better to always show it instead of needing to press alt. (I think most people don't read all the spoilers and may never figure out pressing alt helps on this screen).

"
RocketRandom wrote:
"

In Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors, you'll be able to hold the Alt key while hovering over a stack of Currency Items in the trade window to see the total quantity being offered.

HUGE QOL. Always hated all the counting. Big Thanks!

Suggestion : That said I think it would be better to always show it instead of needing to press alt. (I think most people don't read all the spoilers and may never figure out pressing alt helps on this screen).

+1 for the suggestion, some small window extension on the side listing all currency numbers would be great. It's non intrusive and gives an easy overview without extra clicking. (Also helps against scams that switch out some currency orbs for others that look similar)
All that aside...

ATLAS TREE WHEN
PASSIVE SKILL TREE WHEN

PepePls
Sadism Support? Now I'm afraid of patch notes!
"
ADEPT_ wrote:
"
"
mrblue1089 wrote:
Why not Auction House? What if i want to trade for 4.5 divs, and i have 3 divs, 189c, 3000 chromes and 20.000 rogue's mark?
Only some small QoL in trade doesn't make your trade system's experience feel better.

I don't understand why people don't drop this, trading is just fine the way it is.

That's satire right? You think having to spam like 5 pages of people for basic trades is a good system? Why can't I just buy some stashtab that has like a 4x4 grid, and instead of listing an exact price, you list a buyout price, that way, if you're offline, they can still buy the item, if the API pulls listings for websites like poetrade and the ggg trade site, why can't there be a "whisper offer" and "buyout" option?

The current trade system is atrocious especially for those of us who aren't buying big ticket items. If you whisper someone for an item worth 5+ divine, you usually get a response, but otherwise you're screwed.

I don't know if an auction house is the answer, maybe a whisper limit, if too many people whisper you for an item and you don't reply, it takes it off the listing for inactivity or something, that would get rid of a lot of scammers/lowballers/price fixers etc.

To Mr.Blue's point: If you only have 3 divs, don't shop for items you can't afford. If you want to convert other currencies to divination orbs then the time to do so is during some down time and not at the point of a purchase.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people try to buy my items with other currencies, thinking I want to convert them over to divs on the market more than they do. Do your own homework.

As for ADEPT: If you're whispering "5 pages" worth of people, you're doing it wrong. If it's a bulk trade your first whisper should start half-way down the list of results. If you want the absolute best market price, then just list your bulk currency and wait for someone to buy it. Alternatively, use the regular search function and sort by newest listed to find sellers who are the most recent and most likely to respond.

Most of the friction players encounter with trading is often sub-optimal use of the trade site. You don't need an auction house and more importantly the devs aren't adding one so this is something you'll have to improve on your own end.
I think the real benefit we would get from having an auction house isn't being able to instantly buy items without multiple PMs, but rather being able to play the game and not waste a portal while your items sell via the auction house.

I would even argue as raw currency and materials are easier to price fix and/or price snipe with an auction system, could keep them separate from selling "all else". But then again, Chris' manifesto basically says if you're able to easily obtain anything you like, it kills the feeling of progression.

However my antithesis for that is, if I'm also not able to get something that would exactly suit me at the moment, but unable to because it's either an AFK, or a price fixer, or someone who just doesn't want to spare the time or effort into the trade, I'm at a loss, get a worse upgrade, chances are I'm skipping a middle upgrade and just go for the next upgrade for it to feel "worth it".

Also, what's the point of trade league, if now we have SSF and Ruthless? If anything, those systems can keep to the trade manifesto completely fine (as they should).
"
Milleuda wrote:
I've watched videos for 3 new support gems. What I found from those videos - NOTHING. PLS, don't shoot useless videos

i agree, i have no idea how they work from watching them.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info