Serious question: Why are people like this?

"
exsea wrote:
to me its simple. 5 years ago GGG told us that poe2 would be extra content for poe1. additional. both existing with each other.

we ARE SALTY. but mainly because GGG deceived us. and its apparent that POE2 actively took away resources from poe1. alot of us were on high copium waiting for poe2 to come and "save" poe1. thats not happening anymore.

exactly this. we a salty. and honestly i wanted poe 1 to improve and get better since thats a game i supported for more then 10 years.

sure poe 2 will be good game. but that game prob not for me. its gone to far in direction i dont enjoy. ohh well others got other games to sink time anyway. but no more support from me at least.
Oh, right, I forgot to add - people from standard that are angry they can't use legacy gear in new game.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Why are people upset that they were sold one thing, supported based on that thing, and then had that thing completely change with no notice?

I can't imagine why....

(I Wonder how long they've known that these two games were going to be separate)
Last edited by Nubatron on Jul 31, 2023, 1:48:24 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
Why are people upset that they were sold one thing, supported based on that thing, and then had that thing completely change with no notice?

I can't imagine why....

(I Wonder how long they've known that these two games were going to be separate)

they told that they know few month after exilecon 2019. that they will do separate game
"
anti4z500 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

I can't imagine why....

they told that they know few month after exilecon 2019. that they will do separate game

And they held that shit back? They let us continue to support knowing that?

What. The. Hell.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

I can't imagine why....

And they held that shit back? They let us continue to support knowing that?

What. The. Hell.

Slightly different time frame, but check out the initial post on this thread, toward the bottom:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3407744

Yeah, they knew and said NOTHING.

#FourYearLie =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Slightly different time frame, but check out the initial post on this thread, toward the bottom:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3407744

Yeah, they knew and said NOTHING.

#FourYearLie =>[.]<=

F me. I'm done.
"
exsea wrote:
to me its simple. 5 years ago GGG told us that poe2 would be extra content for poe1. additional. both existing with each other.

Which is completely not true, it was either wishful thinking or confusion by people spreading misinformation.

First it has been 4 years ago at Exilecon 2019.

Second, it was obvious that extra content is just part of it. PoE2 since it's reveal was meant as a complete overhaul of the game, including most of it's systems.

This information was and still is easily available in Exilecon 2019 footage and on old PoE2 website.

Some, almost direct quote from Jonathan at Exilecon 2019:

"We want to bring back difficulty, bring back challenge."

"If we call it PoE2 if has to look, feel and play differently. It has to be proper sequel"

So, no, it was never just extra content. It was always meant to be overhaul of the game. The information what it is meant to be was always there, people just wanted to ignore it.

Part of the on confusion is on highly negative posters who intentionally spread misinformation about what PoE2 is or isn't meant to be.
"
Nubatron wrote:

I can't imagine why....

Again absolutely not true, PoE2 is what it always meant to be.
The difference is that instead of ceasing to exist PoE1 will still go on, which is great, isn't.

PoE2 was always meant to be massive overhaul of the game. Well, at least since it's reveal at Exilecon 2019.
"
Reid777 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

I can't imagine why....

Again absolutely not true, PoE2 is what it always meant to be.
The difference is that instead of ceasing to exist PoE1 will still go on, which is great, isn't.

PoE2 was always meant to be massive overhaul of the game. Well, at least since it's reveal at Exilecon 2019.

[Removed by Support] They literally said they were the same game and shared the same end game. They discussed improvements to character models, changes to the skill gems systems, and many other things as shared improvements. That is not a lie. It's all there in 2019. Then, apparently in early 2020 they knew it was a separate game, which is not what they said in 2019, and they said nothing. Absolutely nothing.

You can pretend that there was some hint of them being separate games in 2019, but since they literally said they were the same game, who the fuck would be looking for it. Like fools, we believed them.

Yes, it was a massive overhaul. That's what they said. They also said it was for a shared game. Now POE1 doesn't get new character models, potentially gets less development time as it currently does now, and doesn't receive any of the overhauled systems.

So seriously, you might have fooled yourself into what constitutes a lie and does not, but by any objective measure: they lied starting in 2020. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that the 2019 ExileCon was the truth at the time. But when they knew it was no longer true and kept it to themselves, it became a lie of omission and took advantage of players good faith.
Last edited by Will_GGG on Jul 31, 2023, 2:44:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info