The promise of a shared endgame fooled collectors and standard players

the only time ggg ever lost trust has been whe they removed the globe girls

</thread> ;)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
innervation wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
Just remember the famous line "Get your magic find characters ready" as they nerfed loot by 97%.

Hold up - that was no lie - you NEEDED an MF character to find anything LOL. 'get your MF characters ready' wasn't a suggestion or tip, it was an implied 'or else'.

funny because its true :)
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
Just remember the famous line "Get your magic find characters ready" as they nerfed loot by 97%.

Hold up - that was no lie - you NEEDED an MF character to find anything LOL. 'get your MF characters ready' wasn't a suggestion or tip, it was an implied 'or else'.

funny because its true :)

I played MF almost as much as necro over the years, the most fun was just joining random partys in endgame and storyline and watching them react to the loot pop.
Innocence forgives you
I too feel kind of betrayed, like RayCheetah. I don't think GGG deceived us on purpose though. I'll guess it more likely that they ran into some technical difficulties with the idea of doing what they wanted to do in POE2 and keeping it the same game.

It is like the exalt/divine orb switch problem on steroids. Everything in my PoE1 stash will be worthless shit as it's eventually flushed down into the abyss. Now folks that don't play standard probably won't care but, I play standard far more than the leagues.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
I too feel kind of betrayed, like RayCheetah. I don't think GGG deceived us on purpose though. I'll guess it more likely that they ran into some technical difficulties with the idea of doing what they wanted to do in POE2 and keeping it the same game.

It is like the exalt/divine orb switch problem on steroids. Everything in my PoE1 stash will be worthless shit as it's eventually flushed down into the abyss. Now folks that don't play standard probably won't care but, I play standard far more than the leagues.

No "kind of" involved, at least for me.

GGG may have had the best of intentions when they made all those announcements in 2019, but when they changed their minds (documentably within the next coupla years, based on interviews with Jonathan Rogers last weekend), they also chose not to inform us of the change in plans, even if only to say that things were going to be handled differently.

And, as an aside, I don't think anyone should have to justify their choice of gameplay; most leagues I sit out, preferring to play Standard with all the cool toys I've accumulated over the years. Anyone who calls anyone else out for being a "sofctore scrub" or any such should get a terse PM from Support. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

No "kind of" involved, at least for me.

GGG may have had the best of intentions when they made all those announcements in 2019, but when they changed their minds (documentably within the next coupla years, based on interviews with Jonathan Rogers last weekend), they also chose not to inform us of the change in plans, even if only to say that things were going to be handled differently.

And, as an aside, I don't think anyone should have to justify their choice of gameplay; most leagues I sit out, preferring to play Standard with all the cool toys I've accumulated over the years. Anyone who calls anyone else out for being a "sofctore scrub" or any such should get a terse PM from Support. ='[.]'=

Fair argument about giving us heads up. However, wouldn't it be more damaging to STD community if all these accumulated items would be useless in PoE2? We don't know the balance there, interactions and synergies might not even exist. Some hard limits might be introduced.... designing the game while keeping all these old items viable would be a nightmare, and quite possibly not feasible. What would be nice is to be able to get our AA into PoE2
"
AintCare wrote:

Fair argument about giving us heads up. However, wouldn't it be more damaging to STD community if all these accumulated items would be useless in PoE2? We don't know the balance there, interactions and synergies might not even exist. Some hard limits might be introduced.... designing the game while keeping all these old items viable would be a nightmare, and quite possibly not feasible. What would be nice is to be able to get our AA into PoE2

Unified endgame or nothin!

What worth does an item have that you cant use, Better to break some and fix them later than do nothing.

Legacy items have been nerfed many times to the point some items just aren't used anymore, whats the difference here?

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 4, 2023, 10:50:49 PM
"
AintCare wrote:

If they wanted to help standard players, there is always a way. After declaring it separate game, it is okay to say poe2 will have different item modifier pool, and hence different items. Options:

1) With all the years they are taking on poe2 development, they could have added "export item" dialog to one of poe1 hideout npcs. You would place your poe1 item in slot, it would give you preview of how that item would look after converting to poe2 structure, e.g. base damage/aps/defense decreased/increased, modifiers replaced by another modifiers of same tier, modifiers deleted due to new modifier cap on this item type.

If you agree to convert, item is deleted from your poe1 account and recreated at your poe2 account. Obviously such feature would have limited time window to apply (say 1 week after poe2 release, then it is permanently disabled), so people won't turn it into another trade channel, and still it would have been better than nothing. Would also have limit on total amount of converted items, say 100 items in total.

And please don't tell me it-is-so-hard-it-is-impossible, they've successfully made several new crafting systems in last leagues, from scourge to sentinel to crucible.

2) If item/skill gem conversion is "impossible", at least allow currency transfer in the same way, for 1 week after release, and with limit on every type of currency. So it would have been decent start boost, but not dumping your whole stash in there.

3) If item/skill gem/currency conversion is "impossible" at least allow us to transfer characters without items. For me their exp penalty took whatever fun I occasionally had with this game, and I would just buy my way past it in poe2 anyway (assuming will play it at all after first look).

In short, all problems can be compromised about, if not solved. Truth is GGG doesn't want to solve them, what they want is place us in front of as large new grind wall as possible, since "more time spent in game = good". Which doesn't look same for players, but who cares.
Last edited by Echothesis on Aug 5, 2023, 12:16:27 AM
The new video with Mark and Chris make me a little bit hopeful.

Check out

07:00 - How should players approach the split of PoE 1 and 2?
08:35 - How will GGG allocate resources between PoE 1 and 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zznPPwJ3M
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
The new video with Mark and Chris make me a little bit hopeful.

Check out

07:00 - How should players approach the split of PoE 1 and 2?
08:35 - How will GGG allocate resources between PoE 1 and 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zznPPwJ3M

Very enlightening to this forum thread conversation.

Thank you!

edit: I thought I'd give a quick summary. Mark and Chris said that GGG would continue to enhance and work on both PoE1 and PoE2. There will be new leagues for both games going forward.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 5, 2023, 2:18:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info