The promise of a shared endgame fooled collectors and standard players

"
Jix_91 wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Okay lets try this again cause I ono WHY that post got reported I am annoyed but lets continue.

As I said they didn't promise you guys a thing it doesn't even say promise pinky promise yada yada development which well I believe you familiar with that things can change all the time you know that right?

yes fair they can change things whenever they want to. They can also say things and do the opposite. They can also purposefully chose to not communicate this until the next exilecon even though they knew it much earlier.

That does not mean that I have to like or support their actions (or lack of communication).

Yes they can say one thing and do another but it is good way to lose trust in your company, Cocodog.

Tibia is a MMO that started in the nineties and is still around and respects that players have gathered quite some stash throughout time. I remember Chris saying "items having value", "items that matter". What was the point of having reliquary keys as being part of voidborn supporter pack?

It might very well be that Path of Exile 1 will be more popular than 2 when it is launched. We will have to wait and see. The game looks different and there is quite a significant part of the playerbase who do not seem to like it.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Okay lets try this again cause I ono WHY that post got reported I am annoyed but lets continue.

As I said they didn't promise you guys a thing it doesn't even say promise pinky promise yada yada development which well I believe you familiar with that things can change all the time you know that right?

I've already had this conversation with several other people, but I like you, so I'm gonna explain it from my perspective. Exilecon 2019 was a promotional event. Advertising. And what was among the products GGG advertised at Exilecon 2019? PoE II. They described the product, created expectations for what that product would provide its consumers, and in the four years since, haven't said anything about a change of plans until this weekend.

During that four years, my wife and I spent hundreds of dollars in real money supporting PoE (and until GGG changes the name from Supporter Packs to Pixel Packs, I'm not gonna listen to anybody who says all I paid for are the MTXs), based on our expectations of PoE II and what its development would mean for PoE 1. GGG's failure to deliver what they advertised at Exilecon 1 was, at the very least, a massive betrayal of all the trust and goodwill they had built up. Whether it is actually legally actionable is best left to the hypothetical, but I would be curious to know what New Zealand's laws are on deceptive trade practices.

If you don't agree, that's fine. But the loss of trust means far more to me than the money, or even the state of the game, itself. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

I've already had this conversation with several other people, but I like you, so I'm gonna explain it from my perspective. Exilecon 2019 was a promotional event. Advertising. And what was among the products GGG advertised at Exilecon 2019? PoE II. They described the product, created expectations for what that product would provide its consumers, and in the four years since, haven't said anything about a change of plans until this weekend.

During that four years, my wife and I spent hundreds of dollars in real money supporting PoE (and until GGG changes the name from Supporter Packs to Pixel Packs, I'm not gonna listen to anybody who says all I paid for are the MTXs), based on our expectations of PoE II and what its development would mean for PoE 1. GGG's failure to deliver what they advertised at Exilecon 1 was, at the very least, a massive betrayal of all the trust and goodwill they had built up. Whether it is actually legally actionable is best left to the hypothetical, but I would be curious to know what New Zealand's laws are on deceptive trade practices.

If you don't agree, that's fine. But the loss of trust means far more to me than the money, or even the state of the game, itself. =9[.]9=

You are way better with words than I am so thank you for this - its exactly how I feel.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎Armour Stacking: /view-thread/3410613
‎‎VFB Magic Finder: /view-thread/3522007
It feels so good to see the tears of nerds. Refreshing.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
Jideament wrote:
It feels so good to see the tears of nerds. Refreshing.

thank you for bumping the thread. :)
"
Raycheetah wrote:
During that four years, my wife and I spent hundreds of dollars in real money supporting PoE (and until GGG changes the name from Supporter Packs to Pixel Packs, I'm not gonna listen to anybody who says all I paid for are the MTXs)
Okay, so what part of the supporter pack were you not given, exactly? The lists of included items are always provided; did you not receive one of them?
"
"
Raycheetah wrote:
During that four years, my wife and I spent hundreds of dollars in real money supporting PoE (and until GGG changes the name from Supporter Packs to Pixel Packs, I'm not gonna listen to anybody who says all I paid for are the MTXs)
Okay, so what part of the supporter pack were you not given, exactly? The lists of included items are always provided; did you not receive one of them?

You're failing to see the point he made.
"
Jix_91 wrote:
"
"
Raycheetah wrote:

It wouldn't be the first time. He keeps showing up to talk to me, he'd better bring flowers. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Jix_91 wrote:
"
"
Raycheetah wrote:

No, I’m disagreeing with it.

It’s a simple question. Raycheetah asserts he paid for something else and didn’t get it. I’m just asking what item that was.
"

It’s a simple question. Raycheetah asserts he paid for something else and didn’t get it. I’m just asking what item that was.

At this point I think you intentionally chose to not get it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info