The promise of a shared endgame fooled collectors and standard players

"
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
The new video with Mark and Chris make me a little bit hopeful.

Check out

07:00 - How should players approach the split of PoE 1 and 2?
08:35 - How will GGG allocate resources between PoE 1 and 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zznPPwJ3M

Very enlightening to this forum thread conversation.

Thank you!

edit: I thought I'd give a quick summary. Mark and Chris said that GGG would continue to enhance and work on both PoE1 and PoE2. There will be new leagues for both games going forward.

The thing is no matter how they spin this.. They're splitting resources between two games instead of the development power returning and everyone benefiting in the whole game.

half the content twice the mtx, even with another league it's not adding "content" its just shortening the cycle between "no content" so there's even less diversity and people get bored just after buying their MTX... PERFECT.

Seems like GGG has fully given up trying to make the thing they said they were making.

You make an excellent point. Mitigating your point, at least somewhat, Chris states in that clip that PoE (and Poe2) were designed to share content and leverage the same content within different contexts. So theoretically the enhancements they make to PoE1 can be leveraged in PoE2 and vice versa.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Echothesis wrote:

Can I pay for it with video money then?:)

If they'd said about making separate game earlier, and close-to-ruthless game to boot, there would have been people who reduced their support of poe1.

They chose not to say it for quite a while, maybe to secure more donations, maybe because they were uncertain about it themselves (although latter is unlikely, you don't commit with full development costs before figuring out all your goals). They may not "promise" things in lawyer terms, but in a game with this scale of player time investment, informing playerbase is crucial to the "banking of trust", as Mr. Wilson called it.

For now I got a feeling they used player donations to make something they want, not what majority of players wants, judging by the percentage of poe1 players who actively play ruthless here. And you cannot deny that flow of player donations was influenced by what they were saying about the future of poe1 as well.

You can spend your money however you want. Nothing was promised to you ever.

What was said though, if you actually watched the league reveals, in the last 2 years at this point, once it gets to the supporter packs, Chris always says "...will be directly supporting the development of POE2".

So if anything. Thats on you for not paying attention.

"

Yeah that's how honest business works right? You pay for an apple and you get a red banana.

Possibly one of the worst takes I have ever seen. You buy, and get a(n) red apple, because you grabbed it yourself from the red apple section. And it wont spontaneously change into a red banana.

You funded POE2 without seeing or touching the product.

And the best part? You still dont know what you are getting, we have the smallest fraction of a piece of a broken Lego of what we are getting from POE2. So this collective whining about what you will or wont be getting is pointless.

Also also, how is this process any different from any league developed to date? It isnt
"

People like to mince words here but the fact is anyone who supported (supported) the game so they have a right to complain if they don't like where its going.

I never asked for that zoom zoom crap, None of my friends who spent TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON THIS GAME asked for zoom zoom shit.

The DEVELOPER ADDED THE ZOOM against the wishes of those who were paying to keep the lights on.

But hey its awfully convenient for GGG if we're fighting each other til PoE2 rather than pointing the blame squarely where it should be, at the development team who betrayed us and is allowing us to take the blame for their actions.

Please look in the mirror in real life, thanks GGG.

Im seeing a contradictory statement in here. POE2 isn't zoom zoom from what we have seen. So..... ??? They are making the game you want.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 6, 2023, 2:45:41 PM
Kitava said he would watch the roasting birds for the gods' feast, to prevent them from burning. Then, he ate them. After all, plans change, right? The other gods were furious because he lied. They blinded him as punishment, and to prevent him from telling that particular lie again.

Even the Karui gods consider saying that you will do one thing and then doing another to be a lie.

Also: For everyone on this forum who steadfastly tells those of us who feel we were promised something that we were, in fact, not promised anything...

That's your opinion, nothing more. It doesn't invalidate our opinions, nor our opinions that we paid for more than just shiny pixels. You can pontificate as much as you like, belittle us, whatever. It no more makes you right than our own opinions make us right in any absolute sense.

But in expressing your opinions as attacks on other posters, it makes you look like that other thing everyone has. You know what I mean. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Jix_91 wrote:
Essentially breaking trust with the whole standard playerbase. It would be really interesting to see, which share the standard playerbase and their monetary support has on the development?

That ship sailed when they've started changing all items, without keeping legacy versions. And they didn't stop with that, the ex/div change was the last nail in the coffin for me.

Though you could tell the ship was going to sail even before that, with the 0 effort into keeping your standard atlas / progression healthy.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
"

Im seeing a contradictory statement in here. POE2 isn't zoom zoom from what we have seen. So..... ??? They are making the game you want.

I get what you are saying, However i am not really in favor of either side though i must admit i have many posts asking GGG to reign in the speed meta but only primarily because of consequences like we are dealing with right now. :/

Had some of those things been listened to we'd probably have that unified endgame to look forward to right now and a player base absolutely RADIOACTIVE with faith and hype.

It's not too late.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 7, 2023, 4:47:46 PM
When a company makes a statement it is not considered a promise unless in the announcement it is stated. "We promise and cross our hearts and hope to die if we don't follow though on it!" *

*That is a silly joke meaning to show sarcasm that just because the word "promise" isn't used, it is unreasonable to call such a statement a promise.

Promise: (intransitive) To give grounds for expectation, especially of something good.
The clouds promise rain.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/promise
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 7, 2023, 11:43:15 PM
this is a breach of trust, in my opinion.
rip poe.
I told my daughter I'd pick her up from school.

I didn't pick her up.

She said I promised I would pick her up.

I said I didn't say I promise.

I'm playing Black Desert Online at the moment. They have massively reduced the p2w aspect and I think it's now pretty much on par with PoE. Give it a try.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Aug 8, 2023, 6:58:46 PM
"
Antigegner wrote:

I didn't pick her up.

To be fair with this example....your response is totally correct, you never promised her. All this proves is that you were a jerk, but NOT that you broke a promise. Your daughter is wrong: you didn't promise to pick her up.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 8, 2023, 7:01:25 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:

I didn't pick her up.

To be fair with this example....your response is totally correct, you never promised her. All this proves is that you were a jerk, but NOT that you broke a promise. Your daughter is wrong: you didn't promise to pick her up.

exactly

I don't like jerks but everyone is free to choose :D
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Aug 8, 2023, 7:03:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info