This absolutely will divide the playerbase and not in a good way...

POE2 looks great, but I have to be honest, POE1 will be king still using this model.

It will also be quite annoying having to keep up with the complexity of two games in the POE universe. You can already tell by the after show reaction that streamers are a bit baffled by the news.

GGG as a result will naturally favour one product, (which sounds like it will be POE2) but a huge portion of the player base will prefer POE1.

It's a bit of a shame that POE1 won't be getting some of the upgrades that will be in POE2. I just hope they start now moving some of the better graphics over and mechanics over to POE1 that are improvements rather than keeping it dated to slowly kill it off. I was looking forward to the graphic and mechanic upgrades to POE1 which it seems like we will no longer be getting.
Last edited by Nevzat on Jul 28, 2023, 7:54:23 PM
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2023, 7:01:05 AM
i dont think i will be playing poe2.

on the bright side you have almost an year to play poe1.
"
Nevzat wrote:
POE2 looks great

For some it does, for some (like me) it doesnt. Thats why they are splitting it up, they know many Zoom Zoom Players wont like it.

I really like this decision because i have not much interest in PoE 2, it looks very slow and tedious and just not fun.

"
Imiona wrote:
"
Nevzat wrote:
POE2 looks great

For some it does, for some (like me) it doesnt. Thats why they are splitting it up, they know many Zoom Zoom Players wont like it.

I really like this decision because i have not much interest in PoE 2, it looks very slow and tedious and just not fun.

Well, I agree to some degree, however, their team being split in two (and not by an equal portion) means POE1 will not get upgrades and features that come to POE2 they are going to deliberately separate the games going forward. I just really hope a good upgrade to POE2 will also be applied to POE1 rather than it being on life support.
I don't think it's going to divide the playerbase much if at all. I expect most current players will still focus on PoE1, while PoE2 is trying to pull in a different audience. Both games are going to coexist just fine for a while.
wont divide anything becuz most people are done with league after 1-2 months that is when they will release new league for poe 2 and people will jump to play that instead so very smart of ggg
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jul 28, 2023, 8:08:33 PM
Makes you wonder. How will this affect the economy if you will have less people to play with in one or the other.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow
Also Chris has said multiple times that "alot of the team are currently working on POE2"as an excuse not to implement something into POE1... giving us the assumption it was temporary. However, this announcement indicates that is not the case. POE1 is left with a skeleton team sadly.

I hope some of those members will go back to POE or they employ new members of staff to focus on POE1 solely
Last edited by Nevzat on Jul 28, 2023, 8:29:57 PM
I wonder if there will be a HH or Mageblood in PoE 2
"
feral_nature wrote:
i dont think i will be playing poe2.

on the bright side you have almost an year to play poe1.

You'll have much longer than that...they are not stopping when PoE2 comes out, they'll still be throwing out new leagues and they'll be weaving the leagues so when one hit's it's low player count the new league starts in the other game.

I'm more intrested to know what if anything they'll be porting over to PoE1, we've just had one of the graphical ones, but there are other systems that could still come over like the skill gems.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info