Diablo 4 is the best DIABLO game but i've now lost interest in the franchise

That new Inner Sight aspect is fuckin' sexy.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Rogue looking damn good, no doubt about it. Lots of great changes this season, looking forward to it tomorrow. I will probably start as FO Sorc. Rogue will definitely get rolled after that though. Maybe Heartseeker... hmmm.

Even though I will be moving back to D4, I will have to say, this last PoE League has been the best in a long time imo. It's my first time experiencing T17 maps, which I actually don't understand their design philosophy? I thought after looking into it, the T17 was supposed to be a bridge to Uber Pinnacle content, with fragments, but it appears as though the maps themselves are far more profitable than T16's. It's kinda weird, because they are sort of invalidating all the other content. unfortunate tbh because everything else was really good. (played SST Bleed Glad)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Aug 5, 2024, 8:59:19 AM
It's good to be you then. :)

I'm busy with book stuff for now but I'll be hammering through DIVs5 before too long I imagine.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Rogue looking damn good, no doubt about it. Lots of great changes this season, looking forward to it tomorrow. I will probably start as FO Sorc. Rogue will definitely get rolled after that though. Maybe Heartseeker... hmmm.

Even though I will be moving back to D4, I will have to say, this last PoE League has been the best in a long time imo. It's my first time experiencing T17 maps, which I actually don't understand their design philosophy? I thought after looking into it, the T17 was supposed to be a bridge to Uber Pinnacle content, with fragments, but it appears as though the maps themselves are far more profitable than T16's. It's kinda weird, because they are sort of invalidating all the other content. unfortunate tbh because everything else was really good. (played SST Bleed Glad)

the way i see it, pinnacle content simply isnt meant for the general populace to experience.

thus making a bridge was never necessary. the issue people have now is that the bridges can be a devastatingly hard encounter for most players.

personally i just avoid t17s as i temper my expectations. but i do imagine that it can cause some players to feel that the game requires the player to be at such high levels of power that they might outright quit "this game is not for me"/ "i dont have the amount of time to get that strong" / "i cant afford to learn or make my own build". etc.

[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

the way i see it, pinnacle content simply isnt meant for the general populace to experience.

thus making a bridge was never necessary. the issue people have now is that the bridges can be a devastatingly hard encounter for most players.

personally i just avoid t17s as i temper my expectations. but i do imagine that it can cause some players to feel that the game requires the player to be at such high levels of power that they might outright quit "this game is not for me"/ "i dont have the amount of time to get that strong" / "i cant afford to learn or make my own build". etc.

quite honestly the vast majority of players are better off just selling their scarabs and T17's if they are at that point in the game. (unless of course you can uber farm consistently, which is the extreme minority of players)

I'm not sure if that was GGG's intention. I would think not, but right now T17's are in quite the odd spot. But perhaps since this really only impacts a small percentage, maybe it's not worth worrying about from a dev perspective.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
It's D Day. I watched the dev video on Infernal Hordes (yay we're going back to hell, and it's 'canonical' post-campaign)....now, what to play? You know I normally don't care for tier lists and crap, but let's be honest: DIV is not a game for creative, indulgent character building the way PoE was supposed to be. So of course I looked at maxroll's endgame tier list.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/tierlists/endgame-tier-list

Lots of S and A entries this time. Lots!

I want to do something really different this time. I'm thinking Flay Barb maybe. I had no idea it was S tier.

Shard of Verathiel is one sexy sword, that's for sure. Basic attack builds rock.
a lot of buffs in d4 now.

i wonder if my "melee" necro is viable now. i ve tried making sever work for the longest time. its decent but cant do higher tiered content.

i believe its much better now, but i m stuck with poe for now.

the melee experience is just much better now.
[Removed by Support]
I dunno about viable but reap/sever necro was my first necro in the game and I had a blast.

Now that I know, belatedly, that mastery is core for sorcs I am wrestling with meteor again.

I actually went with lightning sorc to start. The new pants looked amazing with chain lightning. I have not been disappointed. It mops up the new horde mode.
- Abraham Lincoln
Arc lash with a sword.

The skill finally looks fucking cool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info