Diablo 4 is the best DIABLO game but i've now lost interest in the franchise

"
Arc lash with a sword.

The skill finally looks fucking cool.

Arc Last is decent did it last season on my 5th lvl 100.
Not really comparable to Bash Barb in regards of damage ceiling but still clear (with fireball enchant) and single target (with Moonrise and other basic skill aspects) somewhat nice in open world helltides and NM dungeons.

Survivability seems slightly nerfed now that Vyr's Mastery is a short duration buff instead of a passive. May not be noticable vs trash mobs and farming but vs boss fights with not much dmg uptime it looks worse.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Aug 8, 2024, 8:11:12 PM
I went Verathiels too soon. Ugh. Definitely see how that'll shine once mana management isn't an issue but pre NM it's a bad idea. Lol.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I played d4 last league with a rl friend, we used to play PS1 rpg(s) and tekkens while smoking "stuff" back in 96ish.

I had a blast playing a DW bash Barb, but sadly once you have killed all the lvl 200 bosses and Lilith there isn't much to do. My friend stopped playing after we killed all the bosses, and since still wanted to play I ran the pit mindlessly while listening to audiobooks.. I wanted to try season 5 a bit but I really doubt the new infernal hordes will add anything interesting to the loop. It's pretty sad to see a multimillion game that sells for 70€ with so little content a year after its launch.

The only really negative thing I found about the game was that tempering system they have for gear.

Build I played during S4
https://maxroll.gg/d4/planner/8p8f70vj
Last edited by Silverpelt on Aug 13, 2024, 12:44:51 AM
"
Silverpelt wrote:

I had a blast playing a DW bash Barb, but sadly once you have killed all the lvl 200 bosses and Lilith there isn't much to do. My friend stopped playing after we killed all the bosses, and since still wanted to play I ran the pit mindlessly while listening to audiobooks.. I wanted to try season 5 a bit but I really doubt the new infernal hordes will add anything interesting to the loop. It's pretty sad to see a multimillion game that sells for 70€ with so little content a year after its launch.

I'd have to disagree. There is easily hundreds of hours of gameplay available if you pick up the game today. You went through the season fairly quickly, probably still more than 40 hours or so though. That's per SEASON. You are still talking a couple hundred hours per year, which imo, is totally fine. We have another coming up in a couple of months with the expansion. Looking forward to it.

You can't compare PoE for example, with over a decade worth of content to D4. It will get there. If you are looking to Goblin your life away, PoE can do that. If you are just looking to have low stakes fun (with some avenues for depth) D4 is great.

I've played both in the past month. Admittedly both are/were good, but PoE still feels more like a chore at times, where D4 certainly had the edge in "fun". I simply enjoy D4 more, and it respects my time. The past PoE league did help with that a bit, but still a massive difference.

As for you, maybe just reroll if you still have that itch, or you can min/max GA gear, push for GA mystical uniques. There are things to do.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Aug 12, 2024, 10:55:50 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
There is easily hundreds of hours of gameplay available if you pick up the game today.

Not hours but seconds. Thats a marketing line from one of the devs, saying that leveling takes 150h, but in reality, game is bland and empty, leveling takes few hours to 100, like 7h? And you do same thing to level as you do on 100 - helltides. All the time. And it isn't wandering on map to find interesting fights, no, it is about standing in one spot in helltide and farm boss spawn. Then you can go do greater rifts. Thats it. Nothing else to do. You can pull 20h top from this game.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 12, 2024, 11:24:13 AM
I also had a necro at 100 I created a week before my friend showed up, I thought about rerolling or maxing my necro but in the end I didn't want to reroll a third time or play something else. I really had a blast playing DW bash Barb.

On season 4 by the third(ish )week after I started playing, I had almost everything maxed out, 12/12 MW all my gear, and all my glyth for the Paragon board at 21 (all of them even the blue ones) on barb. Later I did MW stats on my gear 3/3 everywhere it made sense to do so. I also ran the pit up to tier 135, I could have gone for a couple more tiers but hitting HP bags gets boring fast.

I tried to farm the Paingorgers Gauntlets with crit and atk speed GA and a uber shako with at least 1 GA, no luck. The economy is pretty bleak mid to end season, even with capped gold at 99b I couldn't afford a pair of Paingorgers Gauntlets with atk speed, crit chance GA and +200% dmg for the aspect lol.

D4 also has its chores, farming the regular mats to spawn uber bosses truly was stupid during season 4. It was easier to farm Stygian stones than the regular mats to kill Duriel.

I preordered the Spiritborn DLC, so I'll play that when it's out. I don't really like the current league mechanic, so I'll probably go try D4 S5 if there isn't any decent balance changes when GGG releases the first major patch for 3.25.

Last edited by Silverpelt on Aug 12, 2024, 12:27:05 PM
"
Nomancs wrote:
You can pull 20h top from this game.

Nah. I know that you like to bait, but maybe this is true for you with respect to D4. That's fine if so, PoE is clearly more your style. I don't like doing 40/40 either, which so do the other 99% of PoE players. Again you do you. We clearly value different things, including time.

For what its worth I've got well over 400 hours in D4 since launch last June. More than enough for me, especially since I play other games. I have enjoyed D4, that's the bottom line.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Nomancs wrote:

That's already a pretty generous estimate of hours.
Going to be interesting how the already little hours shrink down even further once they add more and more power creep into the game without any new content, just the same way they did it in Diablo 3 after a certain season. Oh wait I forgot D4 is just a reskin of D3 with a light touch of lost ark
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

That's already a pretty generous estimate of hours.
Going to be interesting how the already little hours shrink down even further once they add more and more power creep into the game without any new content, just the same way they did it in Diablo 3 after a certain season. Oh wait I forgot D4 is just a reskin of D3 with a light touch of lost ark

Lol this is just sad.

No new content? There is literally an expansion launching in two months? With an entire new character no less.

I think D4 will be fine hoho

- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Aug 12, 2024, 10:21:53 PM
You just can't help yourself, can you?

:)
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info