[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

Righteous Fire + Cold DoT = 79m DoT DPS ???

Hi fellow Cold DoT players,

Half meme, half real... May I present you the latest brew from the research lab, Righteous Fire Cold DoT!!: https://youtu.be/v4gVClbxzI8

I don't recommend running this full-time in its current state, but I hope that this will plant the seeds for further brainstorming and research on how Righteous Fire can be incorporated into Cold DoT.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Last edited by LkGGz on May 14, 2023, 11:48:35 AM

got bored and made another vaal specimen. Lets see what will happen.

GG...

If someone here feels like he could make use of that one, feel free to contact me.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 14, 2023, 3:51:16 PM
First off, thanks for the helpful advice after my last post. I've more or less "completed" my build now - I went with a +1 dialla's for my chest, got my two forbidden jewels, got the awakened support gems, etc. Got a pretty awesome weapon too for 5d.

I've been playing with the vaal righteous fire thing, and it actually works quite well. I can make it an entire map without needing to cancel RF if I try (until the boss). More realistically, I'll cancel it 2-3 times per map just to loot or to bridge any big gaps between mob packs.

It'd be nice if we didn't have to monitor our health so much while doing RF. It does work though.

EDIT: I agree strongly with the guide creator that death rush is very viable, with or without RF. The run speed and life regen is quite nice.
Last edited by ValorForLife on May 14, 2023, 3:50:48 PM
"
ValorForLife wrote:

It'd be nice if we didn't have to monitor our health so much while doing RF. It does work though.

In order to achive this, you would need a) more hp reg and/or b) higher max fire res.
If(!!!!) all goes well, I have soon 3% life reg while low life on my shield. that should slow down the degen a little.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/13hgeue/righteous_fire_cold_dot_experiment_79m_dot_dps/?sort=new

https://pobb.in/HD-LBSEHWRlM

meme has upgraded to 92.3m dps. guide maker only used the 79m POB because that was what was shown in the gameplay videos. regardless, death rush is viable and suitable without RF/VRF. VRF is easy to incorporate for a 20% more dps where required, and RF is possible if you can clear sufficiently fast. I also mentioned in the reddit that in no way we are advocating this as THE WAY to play CDOT, but i personally enjoy it and have no issues with monitoring the HP.

currently 72.7k EHP, 4400HP, 24.9k EV, 22.3k AR, 75% all res, 59% chaos res, +138% movespeed. some gem links have been experimented with and currently this is my setup.

92.3m combined dps (against guardian/pinnacle boss). what the hell i dont even have enough time to set up curses or cold snap chilling ground anymore.

34.7m creeping frost
32.9m vortex
13.5m vaal cold snap
11.1m cold snap

plans:
gloves? (+2)
empower 5
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 15, 2023, 2:56:11 AM
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
ValorForLife wrote:

In order to achive this, you would need a) more hp reg and/or b) higher max fire res.
If(!!!!) all goes well, I have soon 3% life reg while low life on my shield. that should slow down the degen a little.

whilst experimenting with Uul Netol's and Triumvirate and even potentially Aul's, I did think if i could squeeze in Purity of Fire, or even Saffells' Frame or Rise of the Phoenix, but it felt sub-optimal to directly address the degen. so I still think recovery is the most suitable, and since i run shrines, a good proportion of the time i get something that makes the degen significantly slowed down.
FUU!
Just scrapped my shield by putting it into the forge in the wrong order... 1 time I wasn't paying attention.
Anyway, spend some div for a new one and got one that should help a little with the degen:
Hello, I asked on the youtube video but I think it would be better to ask here:

Why don't we use Anomalous Vortex? Specially SoK, which doesn't even use the AoE nodes + didn't quality his vortex gem? I don't understand why. It looks like free dps with Anomalous. I'm probably missing something?

Thanks in advance.
"
Yan_n wrote:
Hello, I asked on the youtube video but I think it would be better to ask here:

Why don't we use Anomalous Vortex? Specially SoK, which doesn't even use the AoE nodes + didn't quality his vortex gem? I don't understand why. It looks like free dps with Anomalous. I'm probably missing something?

Thanks in advance.

I personally use anomalous Vortex, as well as some other alt quality gems. I already wanted to write a longer post about that topic, but always delayed this.
I fully agree with you that Anomalous Vortex is DPS wise the better option.

Some other interesting alt quality gems out of my mind:
Divergent bonechill - 10% increased chill effect
anomalous molten shell - another 5% of armor as shield
anomalous frostbite - 10% increased curse effect

Then the luxury ones for people with big wallets:
divergent tempest shield - +2% spell block chance
anomalous malevolence - +2% skill effect duration
anomalous defiance banner - +5% increased armor and evasion
Divergent Determination - 2% of evasion as extra armor
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 15, 2023, 10:28:58 AM
Another thing:
I bought a +1 all spell gems wand today and discussed with Sons about what to do with it. My options were double dot multi or +1/+1 with 1 dot multi.
After sinking like another 8 div into it (wanted to craft a good one with veiled + mutlimod), I noticed that a +1/+1 wand with 60% increased spell damage and dot multi still has worse overall DPS than my current one (with lvl 31 vortex/creeping frost):

Therefore do youself a favour, invest in a good +1 wand with double dot multi and call it a day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info