[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

About alt quality gems:
One source of income for me is buying divergent bonechill for like 40-50c, leveling and vaaling them. one that lost quality still sells for a "scrap value" of like 40c (which means next to no loss), a 20/20 corrupted sells for like 0.7-0.8 div and a 21/20 sells for like 2-3 div.
The same should work with some of the other alt quality gems. With a little patience (and space in your secondary weapon set) you can corrupt them yourself in stead of buying the finished ones.

/edit:
Just checked my secondary set. 1 finished and successfully upgraded to 21/20, 5 more on lvl 19.
So if someone here needs one, feel free to whisper me. I think I can provide some discount for guide followers.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 15, 2023, 12:42:04 PM
"
Righteous Fire + Cold DoT = 79m DoT DPS ???

Hi fellow Cold DoT players,

Half meme, half real... May I present you the latest brew from the research lab, Righteous Fire Cold DoT!!: https://youtu.be/v4gVClbxzI8

I don't recommend running this full-time in its current state, but I hope that this will plant the seeds for further brainstorming and research on how Righteous Fire can be incorporated into Cold DoT.

Hello dear CDOT friend

A very stupid question, but why to play VRF we remove Frostblink and not ShieldCharge, what is the benefit of playing shield charge rather than frostblink
"
Grosanpen wrote:
"
Righteous Fire + Cold DoT = 79m DoT DPS ???

Hi fellow Cold DoT players,

Half meme, half real... May I present you the latest brew from the research lab, Righteous Fire Cold DoT!!: https://youtu.be/v4gVClbxzI8

I don't recommend running this full-time in its current state, but I hope that this will plant the seeds for further brainstorming and research on how Righteous Fire can be incorporated into Cold DoT.

Hello dear CDOT friend

A very stupid question, but why to play VRF we remove Frostblink and not ShieldCharge, what is the benefit of playing shield charge rather than frostblink

we need a gem socket, so i remove frostblink. otherwise, run both frostblink and shield charge.

frostblink is good because no cast time/not affected by action speed. good when you are slowed by debuffs.

shield charge is good because no cool down, can keep using. with adrenaline and onslaught, attk speed is so high it is casted very fast. in the video, running an open map where you need to move far, shield charge will cover a lot more distance quickly.

if you can find another gem to remove (such as arcanist brand), you can remove arcanist brand to socket VRF.

I offered this to Sons, but since he has already maxed out his chill effect, I give it away to another cdot player. Feel free to whisper me ingame for it.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
https://pobb.in/8WeBg0FPuXGn

testing a +2 gloves (lower ehp due to having to re-arrange resistances and losing 30% chaos res, sad). trying to scale VCS now for faster mapping.

currently 65.3k EHP, 4300HP, 24.6k EV, 22.0k AR, 75% all res, 29% chaos res, +138% movespeed.

95.6m combined dps (against guardian/pinnacle boss). what the hell i dont even have enough time to set up curses or cold snap chilling ground anymore.

34.7m creeping frost
32.9m vortex
15.2m vaal cold snap
12.7m cold snap

plans:
empower 5
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 16, 2023, 5:53:18 AM
I think I've got myself to a good point with this build now. Still no SOTL though. I do find Carcass Jack really good for that massive AOE it has. Its so much fun shield charging and phasing through huge mobs and blowing them up instantly. This build just melts content. Adding Anom Vortex and Div Bonechill is like the icing on a big fat cake lol

I've also got to lvl 99 for the first time. I'd say next up is the forbidden gems and some better LoF boots with that nice life implicit. I may stick with Carcass Jack and not get an SOTL. I did try a Thousand Ribbons with + to gems and + to duration gems, but it felt bad so I sold it.

Anyway, time to farm some stuff :)
"
DopeOnWax wrote:
I think I've got myself to a good point with this build now. Still no SOTL though. I do find Carcass Jack really good for that massive AOE it has. Its so much fun shield charging and phasing through huge mobs and blowing them up instantly. This build just melts content. Adding Anom Vortex and Div Bonechill is like the icing on a big fat cake lol

I've also got to lvl 99 for the first time. I'd say next up is the forbidden gems and some better LoF boots with that nice life implicit. I may stick with Carcass Jack and not get an SOTL. I did try a Thousand Ribbons with + to gems and + to duration gems, but it felt bad so I sold it.

what?! no jewels?! anyway, yes, do get the jewels, it will feel equally good, slight defenses also due to freezing. carcass jack is a solid choice good mix of QOL, resists, life, dmg. SOTL not mandatory unless you feel you need the defenses. like i said, scale the dps to the content you are running. if you're close to the DoT cap, and realise not planning to run maps that have damage reductions, look for other things :)
"
DopeOnWax wrote:

The AoE from Carcass Jack is really nice and fun. At one point of time my goal was to get a +4 Carcass Jack instead of SOTL.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
"
DopeOnWax wrote:

The AoE from Carcass Jack is really nice and fun. At one point of time my goal was to get a +4 Carcass Jack instead of SOTL.

Yeah it sure is. I found a Carcass Jack with + gems and +duration for 40 div in our colours, and 25 div in the wrong colours. That would be a spicy chest. I might try to make that my goal as well as all the others I have lol
"
DopeOnWax wrote:
"
"
DopeOnWax wrote:

Yeah it sure is. I found a Carcass Jack with + gems and +duration for 40 div in our colours, and 25 div in the wrong colours. That would be a spicy chest. I might try to make that my goal as well as all the others I have lol

colours are not a problem, get the cheaper chest with the wrong colours. using tainted chromes, or even just 4 vaal 4 chrome to adjust them is cheaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info