[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/13dorrr/scaling_cold_dot_into_the_late_game_49m_dot_dps/

https://pobb.in/mS5brPdtBv-u

GUIDE CREATOR HAS SUGGESTED SOMETHING RIDICULOUS, AND IT DELIVERED.

looking at our OLD CDOT builds from many leagues ago, we discovered that... we used to run VAAL RIGHTEOUS FIRE!

some redditors who have constructively criticised that while we claimed the build was fast at mapping, it wasn't fast enough to be categorised as so. (naturally, since we're CDOT, not some KB CF off screen clear build).

taking the suggestions together, i've tried running both Death Rush and Vaal Righteous Fire together, and the results have been hilarious. it IS gimmicky, but it DOES work. and for most players, you might enjoy the much much faster map runs. we recover life fast enough to sustain the RF degen.

currently 65.4k EHP, 4400HP, 23.1k EV, 21.8k AR, 75% all res, 29% chaos res, +138% movespeed. some gem links have been experimented with and currently this is my setup.

78.6m combined dps (against guardian/pinnacle boss). what the hell i dont even have enough time to set up curses or cold snap chilling ground anymore.

31.3m creeping frost
29.7m vortex
9.8m vaal cold snap
8.0m cold snap

compared to guide video,
shield was upgraded (10d)
amulet was upgraded (6d)
watcher's eye was upgraded (7d)
chest upgraded to +1 (20d)
chest upgraded again to +1/+2 (75d)
belt upgraded (6d)
boots changed (3d, 1% dps increase, but big increase in health + res + QOL due to onslaught)
flask changed (11d, but not "dps" increase)
death rush (max rolls, 50c, +20 fertile catalyst, 80c)

plans:
better ring (more HP, potentially dps)
amulet (looking for +2 and dex)
gloves (+2 socketed maybe?)
belt (double implicit deter/male - no more in market sadly)
weapon/shield (looking for +2, and will require self crafting crucible trees)
empower 5

credits:
guide creator for the ideas
judaspriests for the kind donation to help with the experiment, as well as the small tips on flasks/fertile catalyst.

experiment 2 did not work, as uul netol's vow was powerful, but overall not a significant net gain on dps. i was contemplating a really well rolled one, to make up for the resistances so we can run some rings like (see below) for Vaal RF, which felt really really good in mapping.

overall, VRF is activated on CD together with VCS to make mapping very fast. and RF is up most of the time, due to our recovery/corpse consume. this makes it a boost against bosses as well, if you save the VRF to be activated then. if the boss room has mobs/corpses, RF can also be sustained with our recovery and feast of flesh.
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 12, 2023, 10:06:41 PM
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
I must be doing something totally stupid. I can't find any wand or scepter or dagger with "+1 to level of all cold spell skill gems" in POE trade.
The only filters I can find is "+1 to Level of Socketed Active Skill Gems per # Player Levels" which only gives The pet's pen carved wand.
The other is crucible +1 to Level of Socketed Spell Gems (Tier 1) which only gives staffs. Any suggestions?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/ryw6z0zFQ

That search should be a decent start. Feel free to adjust it to your budget. ;)

Thanks!!
I'm kinda struggling to improve and understand how EHP works i have 36k and no matter how i change and compare items to get more hp/es/evasion or armor on trade to copy PoB i can not improve that much. skin of the lords could get me +20k but its too expensive.

here is my build:
https://pobb.in/vFL1AF8MTS5Q
any advice?
https://pobb.in/p9lNBUbn-yOG

currently 65.1k EHP, 4400HP, 23.9k EV, 21.3k AR, 75% all res, 29% chaos res, +138% movespeed.

82.4m combined dps (against guardian/pinnacle boss).

32.7m creeping frost
31.1m vortex
10.3m vaal cold snap
8.4m cold snap

boots, ring, gloves changed again (3-5d, rearranging some resistances)

plans:
empower 5
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 13, 2023, 10:56:18 AM
"
Carbonspear wrote:
I'm kinda struggling to improve and understand how EHP works i have 36k and no matter how i change and compare items to get more hp/es/evasion or armor on trade to copy PoB i can not improve that much. skin of the lords could get me +20k but its too expensive.

here is my build:
any advice?

your tree is specced quite defensively, and you do have quite a fair bit of chaos resistance. so that is a good job.

your low EHP is mainly due to ONE factor - armour. while your life isn't fantastic at 4.2k, that's a smaller problem (which i realised you didn't get life mastery).

suggestions in order of impact:
1. get a jewel that has minimum 2% mana reservation efficiency. run Defiance Banner.
2. spend (re-allocate) 2 SP for Sanctity (below Discipline and Training).
3. spend 1 SP for Aura Effect (Sovereignty wheel)
4. spend 2 SP for Life Mastery (get +50 Max HP, and get +15% max life if chest has no life modifiers)

these 4 suggestions will get you up to around 59.9k EHP with 4.65k hp. (i'm good eh?? :D).

some lower impact suggestion:
- grabbing armour on your gloves will help a little.
- increasing the life rolls on all your rare items where possible.
- some SPs are "inefficient" such as Elemental Focus, and Arcane Sanctuary, and even Melding (unless you really need the ES).
- AOE SP is luxury, de-allocate that and focus on dps/ehp, it will make your build feel better.
- aim to path toward Acrimony and Storm Weaver.
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 13, 2023, 11:14:38 AM
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Carbonspear wrote:

here is my build:
any advice?

your tree is specced quite defensively, and you do have quite a fair bit of chaos resistance. so that is a good job.

your low EHP is mainly due to ONE factor - armour. while your life isn't fantastic at 4.2k, that's a smaller problem (which i realised you didn't get life mastery).

1. get a jewel that has minimum 2% mana reservation efficiency. run Defiance Banner.
4. spend 2 SP for Life Mastery (get +50 Max HP, and get +15% max life if chest has no life modifiers)

these 4 suggestions will get you up to around 59.9k EHP with 4.65k hp. (i'm good eh?? :D).

- some SPs are "inefficient" such as Elemental Focus, and Arcane Sanctuary, and even Melding (unless you really need the ES).
- AOE SP is luxury, de-allocate that and focus on dps/ehp, it will make your build feel better.

To add on this, you can get a pair of boots with % life implicit: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/lRY0YqnhV

When you are upgrading your helmet for the curse enchant, switch to a Devouring Diadem helmet with chaos resistances (or stats if you require them).

If you are dying to ground degen, consider adding Lethe Shade.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Carbonspear wrote:

here is my build:
any advice?

To add on this, you can get a pair of boots with % life implicit: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/lRY0YqnhV

When you are upgrading your helmet for the curse enchant, switch to a Devouring Diadem helmet with chaos resistances (or stats if you require them).

Wow! you're amazing! thank you! the only thing i didn't know after this what gem should i sacrifice for Defiance Banner but i checked your build in pob and saw culling strike wasnt there.
(Actually i've never felt this gem, for me its dmg might was so low it wasnt even visible)

I'm kinda new to the endgame so my plan was following your 13.2m DoT DPS, 85k EHP build and after reaching solid foundation by getting this i can improve to switch for your much higher dps build. Thats why i have "inefficient" SPs
I dont know thats a good plan or not but i thought it should work. This is the first time getting this far, so thank you!
"
Carbonspear wrote:
Wow! you're amazing! thank you! the only thing i didn't know after this what gem should i sacrifice for Defiance Banner but i checked your build in pob and saw culling strike wasnt there.
(Actually i've never felt this gem, for me its dmg might was so low it wasnt even visible)

I'm kinda new to the endgame so my plan was following your 13.2m DoT DPS, 85k EHP build and after reaching solid foundation by getting this i can improve to switch for your much higher dps build. Thats why i have "inefficient" SPs
I dont know thats a good plan or not but i thought it should work. This is the first time getting this far, so thank you!

welcome. the guide gives a good general outline, and is specced such that it gives a good balance of the different aspects of the build. so we tailor our advice depending on the problems highlighted by the different users. try it out and let us know how it feels, happy to help.
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 14, 2023, 9:15:45 AM
"
Carbonspear wrote:
"
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

You're welcome! Glad to hear that you are breaking new records :)
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/13dorrr/scaling_cold_dot_into_the_late_game_49m_dot_dps/

https://pobb.in/mS5brPdtBv-u

GUIDE CREATOR HAS SUGGESTED SOMETHING RIDICULOUS, AND IT DELIVERED.

looking at our OLD CDOT builds from many leagues ago, we discovered that... we used to run VAAL RIGHTEOUS FIRE!

some redditors who have constructively criticised that while we claimed the build was fast at mapping, it wasn't fast enough to be categorised as so. (naturally, since we're CDOT, not some KB CF off screen clear build).

taking the suggestions together, i've tried running both Death Rush and Vaal Righteous Fire together, and the results have been hilarious. it IS gimmicky, but it DOES work. and for most players, you might enjoy the much much faster map runs. we recover life fast enough to sustain the RF degen.

currently 65.4k EHP, 4400HP, 23.1k EV, 21.8k AR, 75% all res, 29% chaos res, +138% movespeed. some gem links have been experimented with and currently this is my setup.

78.6m combined dps (against guardian/pinnacle boss). what the hell i dont even have enough time to set up curses or cold snap chilling ground anymore.

31.3m creeping frost
29.7m vortex
9.8m vaal cold snap
8.0m cold snap

compared to guide video,
shield was upgraded (10d)
amulet was upgraded (6d)
watcher's eye was upgraded (7d)
chest upgraded to +1 (20d)
chest upgraded again to +1/+2 (75d)
belt upgraded (6d)
boots changed (3d, 1% dps increase, but big increase in health + res + QOL due to onslaught)
flask changed (11d, but not "dps" increase)
death rush (max rolls, 50c, +20 fertile catalyst, 80c)

plans:
better ring (more HP, potentially dps)
gloves (+2 socketed maybe?)
belt (double implicit deter/male - no more in market sadly)
weapon/shield (looking for +2, and will require self crafting crucible trees)
empower 5

credits:
guide creator for the ideas
judaspriests for the kind donation to help with the experiment, as well as the small tips on flasks/fertile catalyst.

experiment 2 did not work, as uul netol's vow was powerful, but overall not a significant net gain on dps. i was contemplating a really well rolled one, to make up for the resistances so we can run some rings like (see below) for Vaal RF, which felt really really good in mapping.

overall, VRF is activated on CD together with VCS to make mapping very fast. and RF is up most of the time, due to our recovery/corpse consume. this makes it a boost against bosses as well, if you save the VRF to be activated then. if the boss room has mobs/corpses, RF can also be sustained with our recovery and feast of flesh.

I will be publishing a video on this soon. The video is processing...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info