[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Yan_n wrote:
Hello, I asked on the youtube video but I think it would be better to ask here:

Why don't we use Anomalous Vortex? Specially SoK, which doesn't even use the AoE nodes + didn't quality his vortex gem? I don't understand why. It looks like free dps with Anomalous. I'm probably missing something?

Thanks in advance.

because i'm always broke, looking for gear/ideas that boost my dps immensely. so the anomalous vortex IS INDEED better. i just never cared/had the currency, so i always look for most efficient upgrades. AOE... well, nice to have, but similarly, my playstyle doesn't require, so it is still very low on my priority list. heck, i haven't even inspected the rest of my gem setup carefully to see which 21/23 gems are "better".

i think that 21/0 vortex and CF i have is from day 2 or 3 of league. 0Q gems are significantly cheaper for lvl 21 ones. and we only care about levels for the dps first.

i agree it looks like free dps... but now i'm trying to save 150+d for a empower 5. so that dps not free to me haha. although yeah, i'm reaching a point where i should probably look at my gems now. (or maybe after my +2 gloves).
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 15, 2023, 11:26:29 AM
"
Judaspriester wrote:
Another thing:
I bought a +1 all spell gems wand today and discussed with Sons about what to do with it. My options were double dot multi or +1/+1 with 1 dot multi.
After sinking like another 8 div into it (wanted to craft a good one with veiled + mutlimod), I noticed that a +1/+1 wand with 60% increased spell damage and dot multi still has worse overall DPS than my current one (with lvl 31 vortex/creeping frost):

Therefore do youself a favour, invest in a good +1 wand with double dot multi and call it a day.

wait, really? i know a +1 with good dot multi and spell damage can be v competitive for CF/Vort since after lvl 30, CF/Vort hit a steep diminishing return, but at this stage, i would look to see if i can scale the VCS/CS dps as well, which means a +1/+1 might overall be better if you include all 4 sources of dot. did you compare both wands after removing the crucible trees?
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Judaspriester wrote:
Another thing:
I bought a +1 all spell gems wand today and discussed with Sons about what to do with it. My options were double dot multi or +1/+1 with 1 dot multi.
After sinking like another 8 div into it (wanted to craft a good one with veiled + mutlimod), I noticed that a +1/+1 wand with 60% increased spell damage and dot multi still has worse overall DPS than my current one (with lvl 31 vortex/creeping frost):

Therefore do youself a favour, invest in a good +1 wand with double dot multi and call it a day.

wait, really? i know a +1 with good dot multi and spell damage can be v competitive for CF/Vort since after lvl 30, CF/Vort hit a steep diminishing return, but at this stage, i would look to see if i can scale the VCS/CS dps as well, which means a +1/+1 might overall be better if you include all 4 sources of dot. did you compare both wands after removing the crucible trees?

that's the other one. I added that one into my PoB then added the bench cold dot, q30 and the enchantment. No trees on both. still I end up with like -1% dps, which means it doesn't seem to be worth it with my high lvl gems.

/edit: I know that multimod wouldn't work with the wand right now. I've just edited the item in PoB in order to see it's worth dumping more currency into it.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 15, 2023, 11:51:00 AM
This is what I'm using right now, what do yall think? It has the double dot multi and the +1 cold gem, but also has 3 dead mods counting the implicit....

Paid 1 div for it so I think it was a nice budget option to start the build!

Also I didn't even touch on the crucible tree yet, losing a lot of damage apparently. I really dislike the crucible mechanic :/
"
"
Serge91 wrote:
Hello guys,

I'm playing this build since the start of the league. I've started with Zizaran's version, but after reaching maps and farmed a little bit of currency i found out that this version does way more damage and is even tankier imho.

I would like to ask you which upgrade should I do right now. I have around 1k chaos orbs and 7 divines, but I'm not sure where I should prioritize the upgrades.
This is my POB: https://pobb.in/o67hdWQAUqFx

I am farming Alva's temple because I love incursion. It was one of my favourite leagues, and now that I'm playing after 2-3 years of pause, the new mechanics aren't that much appealing to me, except for ritual and a couple of others.
I've changed recently my Atlas to farm delirium, ritual, essence and Searing Exarch.

I want to defeat Maven so I can get the last watchstone, though I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but Uber Elder was a piece of cake.

Thanks a lot guys for all the suggestions and infos!

Glad to hear your story~

Suggestions:
1. Get lvl 21 Vaal Cold Snap
2. Get lvl 21 Creeping Frost
3. Drop the nodes pathing to Blood drinker. Drop Anointed Flesh Cluster. Drop Instinct cluster. Take Elemental Focus, it is very strong. Path to Sovereignty and Divine Judgement. Long story short, check the differences in SP allocation from Zizaran's guide with this guide and reallocate them.
4. Swap Purity of Elements for Malevolence
5. Swap Defiance Banner for Tempest Shield
6. You don't need Frost Bomb as you have inflict on gloves. You can change it into Tempest Shield but you need a 2% mana reservation efficiency jewel.
6. Swap your boots for Legacy of Fury
7. Anoint Ash, Frost, Storm
8. I believe you can get a better shield for a few divines
9. I see that you have a few spare gems on your boots. You should run a Molten Shell + Cast When Dmg Taken set-up. Hex Bloom is not necessary if you follow everything above. You should have enough DPS to clear non-bosses without curses.

Hello,

Thank you so much for the tips.
I think I have done most of the things you've said. Here's the new POB: https://pobb.in/5sV4g--O-lwk

I still have to get Creeping Frost 21/20. I'm working on it as I did with the other gems I have, including Empower (could get lv4 by myself thanks to the double corruption). Also Malevolence and Hatred need to be lv21, I will get them eventually.
I still need to try the build with shield charge+faster attack.

How is the build now? What should I aim to improve the build in your opinion?

Thank you for everything.
Also I congratulate with you guys for managing to combine cold dot and righteous fire, it's wonderful honestly.
"
Yan_n wrote:
This is what I'm using right now, what do yall think? It has the double dot multi and the +1 cold gem, but also has 3 dead mods counting the implicit....

Paid 1 div for it so I think it was a nice budget option to start the build!

Also I didn't even touch on the crucible tree yet, losing a lot of damage apparently. I really dislike the crucible mechanic :/

That one is more than fine for the price. If you compare it with my current wand, it isn't much better, except for the implicit. I personally would reccomend to keep it, until you feel like you got a few div and don't know how to spend them.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
Yan_n wrote:

Why don't we use Anomalous Vortex? Specially SoK, which doesn't even use the AoE nodes + didn't quality his vortex gem? I don't understand why. It looks like free dps with Anomalous. I'm probably missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Alternate quality vortex will be beneficial, but it was cost more.

Seems like the prices are quite okay now, I see two listed for 4 divines:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/DPXawPvu5
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
Yan_n wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I personally use anomalous Vortex, as well as some other alt quality gems. I already wanted to write a longer post about that topic, but always delayed this.
I fully agree with you that Anomalous Vortex is DPS wise the better option.

Some other interesting alt quality gems out of my mind:
Divergent bonechill - 10% increased chill effect
anomalous molten shell - another 5% of armor as shield
anomalous frostbite - 10% increased curse effect

Then the luxury ones for people with big wallets:
divergent tempest shield - +2% spell block chance
anomalous malevolence - +2% skill effect duration
anomalous defiance banner - +5% increased armor and evasion
Divergent Determination - 2% of evasion as extra armor

This compilation is quite useful :)
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
For purchasing weapons, the POB "Trade for these items" feature is really helpful.

The downside is that its not smart enough to take into account upgrading multiple items at once.
"
Serge91 wrote:
"
"
Serge91 wrote:
Hello guys,

I'm playing this build since the start of the league. I've started with Zizaran's version, but after reaching maps and farmed a little bit of currency i found out that this version does way more damage and is even tankier imho.

I would like to ask you which upgrade should I do right now. I have around 1k chaos orbs and 7 divines, but I'm not sure where I should prioritize the upgrades.
This is my POB: https://pobb.in/o67hdWQAUqFx

I am farming Alva's temple because I love incursion. It was one of my favourite leagues, and now that I'm playing after 2-3 years of pause, the new mechanics aren't that much appealing to me, except for ritual and a couple of others.
I've changed recently my Atlas to farm delirium, ritual, essence and Searing Exarch.

I want to defeat Maven so I can get the last watchstone, though I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but Uber Elder was a piece of cake.

Thanks a lot guys for all the suggestions and infos!

Glad to hear your story~

Suggestions:
1. Get lvl 21 Vaal Cold Snap
2. Get lvl 21 Creeping Frost
3. Drop the nodes pathing to Blood drinker. Drop Anointed Flesh Cluster. Drop Instinct cluster. Take Elemental Focus, it is very strong. Path to Sovereignty and Divine Judgement. Long story short, check the differences in SP allocation from Zizaran's guide with this guide and reallocate them.
4. Swap Purity of Elements for Malevolence
5. Swap Defiance Banner for Tempest Shield
6. You don't need Frost Bomb as you have inflict on gloves. You can change it into Tempest Shield but you need a 2% mana reservation efficiency jewel.
6. Swap your boots for Legacy of Fury
7. Anoint Ash, Frost, Storm
8. I believe you can get a better shield for a few divines
9. I see that you have a few spare gems on your boots. You should run a Molten Shell + Cast When Dmg Taken set-up. Hex Bloom is not necessary if you follow everything above. You should have enough DPS to clear non-bosses without curses.

Hello,

Thank you so much for the tips.
I think I have done most of the things you've said. Here's the new POB: https://pobb.in/5sV4g--O-lwk

I still have to get Creeping Frost 21/20. I'm working on it as I did with the other gems I have, including Empower (could get lv4 by myself thanks to the double corruption). Also Malevolence and Hatred need to be lv21, I will get them eventually.
I still need to try the build with shield charge+faster attack.

How is the build now? What should I aim to improve the build in your opinion?

Thank you for everything.
Also I congratulate with you guys for managing to combine cold dot and righteous fire, it's wonderful honestly.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Some "cheap" upgrade suggestions:
1. Awakened Controlled Destruction
2. Lvl 21 Frostbite
3. 20% quality on Ele Weakness
4. On VCS, I think Awakened CD /Ele Focus is better than Hypothermia
5. You can get a Legacy of Fury with a beneficial implicit (e.g. 6% max life)
6. 5 ways to lvl 97/98
7. You do not need the non-channeling mana cost reduction on yr Ame ring, craft something else
8. Quality on gloves
9. Devouring Diadem with increased effect of Frostbite/Ele Weakness (Frostbite is better)
Last edited by LkGGz on May 15, 2023, 12:15:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info