[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Judaspriester wrote:
"

Thanks for testing this out! I left the house for tennis and returned with your successful lab results :)

The beautiful thing about dropping Mark of the Shaper is that you can get a much more powerful non-elder ring.

I thought about chancing an elder influenced death rush we would probably rush into a resist problem without mageblood.

what against a fancy elder ring?

Btw, I've just checked. Without that beauty, I would "just" have to switch around my resistances a little via harvest and I'm still capped, including 37% chaos res. :D

But sadly, there is not a single death rush with elder influence on the market (including offline). So it seems like you would really have to use a ton of chance/ancient orbs in order to get one.

I just have to check sons PoB and think a little about how to rearange my sockets and what to drop in order to get vaal RF and punishment in.

i updated my POBB a little. so take a look. just drop the mark of the shaper and get the death rush. without implicits are fine, you can gain the chaos res (original implicit). otherwise, some useful implicits would be those that grant skills (to save gem socket), or increased malevolence/hatred effect.
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

i updated my POBB a little. so take a look. just drop the mark of the shaper and get the death rush. without implicits are fine, you can gain the chaos res (original implicit). otherwise, some useful implicits would be those that grant skills (to save gem socket), or increased malevolence/hatred effect.

I'll take a look into your setup.
My current plan is to put the 3 curses + arcanist brand (since 3 manual curses would be to much for me, I know myself^^") into my boots. Then molten shell + cwdt + defiance banner in my shield, and shield charge + divine blessing + hatered into my wand.

Now I'm breaking my head on the question where to place the vaal RF. Was already thinking about selling my elder ring and get a unset one with good rolls in stead. The other obvious option would be dropping molten shell, but I would most likely miss the def layer.

/edit: new crafting project:

essences of delirium until t2 life (+ maybe something else decent).
I will most likely place my vaal RF in there.

/edit2:

not exactly what I was looking for, but acceptable for now.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 11, 2023, 3:56:17 PM
I've fully followed your gearing guide and got all my gear including the gem setup but I've noticed the red vulnerability debuff icon is still showing up even when I have the watcher's eye on the jewel socket. How can I get rid of the debuff?
"
freshshock wrote:
I've fully followed your gearing guide and got all my gear including the gem setup but I've noticed the red vulnerability debuff icon is still showing up even when I have the watcher's eye on the jewel socket. How can I get rid of the debuff?

if you have the fitting watchers eye, you still have the curse on you (important for some other builds) but it has no effect. So everything's fine.

Btw, just got another flask for the RF setup:

I know that some here prefere instant recovery, but since we are always lowlife anyway, I like the prefix.
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

I'll take a look into your setup.
My current plan is to put the 3 curses + arcanist brand (since 3 manual curses would be to much for me, I know myself^^") into my boots. Then molten shell + cwdt + defiance banner in my shield, and shield charge + divine blessing + hatered into my wand.

Now I'm breaking my head on the question where to place the vaal RF. Was already thinking about selling my elder ring and get a unset one with good rolls in stead. The other obvious option would be dropping molten shell, but I would most likely miss the def layer.

/edit: new crafting project:

essences of delirium until t2 life (+ maybe something else decent).
I will most likely place my vaal RF in there.

/edit2:

not exactly what I was looking for, but acceptable for now.

sick ring. i will also probably look to change my ring some how. kinda lazy for now. unset ring will be smart. i've actually dropped the CWDT. but if i do follow you, might be able to put the VRF inside there.
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
freshshock wrote:

if you have the fitting watchers eye, you still have the curse on you (important for some other builds) but it has no effect. So everything's fine.

I know that some here prefere instant recovery, but since we are always lowlife anyway, I like the prefix.

yeah, i actually wanted to roll that/something similar, but since i stopped when i got the first ignite flask because i was too excited to try the mapping w RF haha.
"
freshshock wrote:

The visual debuff will show at the top but it will not have an effect on your character except providing you with the low life effect.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
freshshock wrote:

The low life prefix makes sense.

I think we might be considered as low life all the time due to Coward's Legacy.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Last edited by LkGGz on May 12, 2023, 12:36:34 AM
creator and i have thought of some other ideas while thinking how best to deal with running RF. [my thoughts are that we'd have to manage turning RF on and off, i'm ok with that].

and it lead to some OTHER ridiculous ideas. gonna need some time to farm some currency to test it out, but results might be interesting to say the least. POB hit dot cap, some of the numbers gonna have to be manually calculated/fudged/estimated.
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 12, 2023, 3:01:55 AM
Sons, I send you a friend invite ingame. I donate a few div for the project ;)

Btw, about ring and gloves, I can craft you something like I got (the gloves even with +2, even if that will most likely cost some div).

"

The low life prefix makes sense.

I think we might be considered as low life all the time due to Coward's Legacy.

We not only might be concidered as low life, we are always low life. that's the same reason why pain attunement works.
I'm using flasks with that prefix for a while now and they easily heal my 5k hp. Just need a hillock again for q28 in stead of 20.

Search link for the flask:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/23oyEv0hk

/edit: another hint for death rush: if you get a uncorrupted one, make sure that you get one with 5% on kill, since bringing it to q20 with fertile catalysts increases the hp on kill to 6%.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 12, 2023, 4:40:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info