[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Judaspriester wrote:

got a little bored today so I decided to build the fist vaal specimen. Lets see if the temple is gentle to me.

Best of luck!

How much did it cost to craft the base?
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
"
Judaspriester wrote:

got a little bored today so I decided to build the fist vaal specimen. Lets see if the temple is gentle to me.

Best of luck!

Let me think... 10c for the redeemer base, like 10-20c in fossils until I get the redeemer mod, 1c for the hunter base with +1 curse, 30c for awaken, then 1 ex (which got lucky by adding t2 chaos res).
so like 75c in total. then spend 23 sextants for the temple, but got one where I can also double corrupt a gem. so another 110c for the corruption attempt.

I'll gather my last 5% to 99 and try to corrupt afterwards. better safe than sorry. I will present the result here afterwards, even if it was a fail.

/edit:
RIP

/edit2:
allright, enough crafting for today. ruined one other specimen with 6 affixes with the first anull, and another one got destroyed in the temple.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 10, 2023, 4:27:02 PM
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
"
Judaspriester wrote:

Best of luck!

Let me think... 10c for the redeemer base, like 10-20c in fossils until I get the redeemer mod, 1c for the hunter base with +1 curse, 30c for awaken, then 1 ex (which got lucky by adding t2 chaos res).
so like 75c in total. then spend 23 sextants for the temple, but got one where I can also double corrupt a gem. so another 110c for the corruption attempt.

I'll gather my last 5% to 99 and try to corrupt afterwards. better safe than sorry. I will present the result here afterwards, even if it was a fail.

/edit:
RIP

/edit2:
allright, enough crafting for today. ruined one other specimen with 6 affixes with the first anull, and another one got destroyed in the temple.

unfortunate, but that is a really sick base. now it's just a matter of luck/time/attempts. if the +1/+2 lands, this could indeed be the most powerful chest purely in terms of dps. just the curse will be insane. i should sim it to see if just a +1 or +2 will be sufficient.

edit:
results:
+1 all/+2 duration or +2 duration/+2 aoe, will be a 9% dot dps boost (for CF/Vortex), against my +1 all/+2 duration dialla. yep it's ridiculous.

if just a +1 all, or +2 duration, (which is better than +2 AOE), it will be a 5% loss.

meaning, this chest will be very competitive, better than a +1 dialla/carcass jack. it would come down to the costs involved.
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 10, 2023, 9:01:57 PM
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

unfortunate, but that is a really sick base. now it's just a matter of luck/time/attempts. if the +1/+2 lands, this could indeed be the most powerful chest purely in terms of dps. just the curse will be insane. i should sim it to see if just a +1 or +2 will be sufficient.

edit:
results:
+1 all/+2 duration or +2 duration/+2 aoe, will be a 9% dot dps boost (for CF/Vortex), against my +1 all/+2 duration dialla. yep it's ridiculous.

if just a +1 all, or +2 duration, (which is better than +2 AOE), it will be a 5% loss.

meaning, this chest will be very competitive, better than a +1 dialla/carcass jack. it would come down to the costs involved.

How exactly have you calculated it? With that chest there are 2 possible roads:
a) taking a 3rd curse (potential socket issue)
b) unspecing the 4 points we use right now for a second curse for more dps

All in all, your calculations encourage me to give this project a few more tries.

BTW: the first linked chest is still im my stash. So if someone thinks that he could make use of it, feel free to contact me. the base stats are to good to vendor it.

/edit: as a thought: what about +20% increased effect of non-curse auras in stead of the +1 support gems?
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 11, 2023, 4:34:54 AM
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

edit:
results:

How exactly have you calculated it? With that chest there are 2 possible roads:
a) taking a 3rd curse (potential socket issue)
b) unspecing the 4 points we use right now for a second curse for more dps

All in all, your calculations encourage me to give this project a few more tries.

BTW: the first linked chest is still im my stash. So if someone thinks that he could make use of it, feel free to contact me. the base stats are to good to vendor it.

I've basically created a dummy chest with the mods I want - the +1 socketed support, additional curse, the +1 socketed gem implicit and the +2 socketed duration gem implicit. and tested by adding the chest to my current build, added punishment as a skill in my active skill list. and see what the dps boost is to all the active CDOT spells. because of the way punishment works, dealing more dmg to mobs on LL, you'll have to tick the check box stating the target is LL.

the increase is around 9% to CF/vortex. trust me, run the 3rd curse, the dps is the most (which is why ascendant is the strongest in dps currently). the 4 SP to whispers of doom, there are no better way to spend that 4 SP for max dps. i will definitely figure a way to cut a gem socket for that dps gain haha. so, as i said, it will boil down to the costs of the chest.

this chest, with either a +1 to all socketed implicit, or a +2 to duration/aoe, will be more than competitive to current +1 dialla's and +1 carcass jacks in terms of dps.
Since I've just bought a new redeemer base and ended up with 25% increased aura effect after first alch, i've thrown that into my PoB.
If I compare a dummy chest with +1 all corrupt and either +1 support or 21% (min min roll) increased aura effect into my pob, I end up in -2% dps for auras but +30% ehp.

Since the dmg would be in both cases better than my +1 carcass, I think I roll the redeemer bases until I get either of those mods.

/edit: about the price: I think my char is currently kinda good equiped (besides crucible trees I'm still working on), I got 26 div in my stash and don't plan to start another char for this season. So I don't really care if this project eats up a few div.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 11, 2023, 4:49:39 AM
"
Judaspriester wrote:
Since I've just bought a new redeemer base and ended up with 25% increased aura effect after first alch, i've thrown that into my PoB.
If I compare a dummy chest with +1 all corrupt and either +1 support or 21% (min min roll) increased aura effect into my pob, I end up in -2% dps for auras but +30% ehp.

Since the dmg would be in both cases better than my +1 carcass, I think I roll the redeemer bases until I get either of those mods.

/edit: about the price: I think my char is currently kinda good equiped (besides crucible trees I'm still working on), I got 26 div in my stash and don't plan to start another char for this season. So I don't really care if this project eats up a few div.

haha when i said "considerations on the cost", it is not about how much the crafting will cost, it is opposite case for me, because you intend to roll and create your own, I would consider purchasing one, which will be significantly more expensive.
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

haha when i said "considerations on the cost", it is not about how much the crafting will cost, it is opposite case for me, because you intend to roll and create your own, I would consider purchasing one, which will be significantly more expensive.

Yeah... buying something like I want to craft will most likely be very difficult and therefore expensive. :D

Got a new specimen for the temple, lets see how this works out:

/edit: just thrown this into my pob and added +1 all. equal dps but +170% ehp. oO
would end up with 137k, isn't that already the area you end up with SotL?

Anyway, now I'm kinda nervous about the temple.

/edit2:
DAMN! got destroyed.

/edit3: new try:

/edit4: hit!

not a jackpot result, but an improvement compared to my +1 all carcass.

/edit5: allright sons, now I need your aid. Which curse I should take as 3rd? I've just checked but unless I missed something, there is none that offers nother dps increase. only utility ones like temp chains or enfeeble.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 11, 2023, 6:12:05 AM
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

Yeah... buying something like I want to craft will most likely be very difficult and therefore expensive. :D

Got a new specimen for the temple, lets see how this works out:

/edit: just thrown this into my pob and added +1 all. equal dps but +170% ehp. oO
would end up with 137k, isn't that already the area you end up with SotL?

Anyway, now I'm kinda nervous about the temple.

/edit2:
DAMN! got destroyed.

/edit3: new try:

/edit4: hit!

not a jackpot result, but an improvement compared to my +1 all carcass.

/edit5: allright sons, now I need your aid. Which curse I should take as 3rd? I've just checked but unless I missed something, there is none that offers nother dps increase. only utility ones like temp chains or enfeeble.

was about to say that the +170% ehp sounds sounds sketchy, because while i know aura effectiveness and phys as elemental is super good, i wasn't expecting +170%.

ok for curse, I told you, punishment. it basically increases your DPS when mob is LL - ie, 50% hp. so say your DOT dps is 10m now. and punishment increases your dps to 15m (when you tick the "enemy is on low life" checkbox), then your REAL effective dps will be 12.5m. because for 50% of the mob hp, the mob takes 10m, then the other 50% of the mob hp (when mob is LL), the mob takes 15m.

[this was what i meant when i said i was simming the dps for a chest that allows us to run a 3rd curse in the previous post.]

CONGRATS AGAIN! it's fun seeing how to push gearing :)
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 11, 2023, 7:32:30 AM
"
"
DopeOnWax wrote:
Well, I've been farming like crazy to get to my next step. Found a cheap Carcass Jack and got lucky with colours and added Empower 4. My god, the power is crazy already. I've not played a build where I don't even think about map tier or a lot of the mods. Never been able to speedrun/farm T16s before lol

My next step up would be SOL, but its so hard to find one with a good keystone and the right colours. Is there anything I can go for in the meantime? I was thinking maybe my ammy for some DOT and my shield for a +1 to cold gems or, maybe something else? Anyway, brilliant guide and build from all involved!!

In the meantime, you could spend a few divines on 5 ways to get lvl 97 or acquire a DD helmet with the frostbite enchant.

Do check out the keystone before purchasing, but I think this filter is quite decent: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/VGmPk42hp

Judging from the prices, I would save up for an SOTL.

Good idea about getting some extra levels from 5 ways. I think thats the best action for me. Never got above 95 before! First time doing 5 ways so I hope I don't F it up lol. I've got a few div so will make that todays goal. Thanks for the advice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info