[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

was about to say that the +170% ehp sounds sounds sketchy, because while i know aura effectiveness and phys as elemental is super good, i wasn't expecting +170%.

ok for curse, I told you, punishment. it basically increases your DPS when mob is LL - ie, 50% hp. so say your DOT dps is 10m now. and punishment increases your dps to 15m (when you tick the "enemy is on low life" checkbox), then your REAL effective dps will be 12.5m. because for 50% of the mob hp, the mob takes 10m, then the other 50% of the mob hp (when mob is LL), the mob takes 15m.

[this was what i meant when i said i was simming the dps for a chest that allows us to run a 3rd curse in the previous post.]

CONGRATS AGAIN! it's fun seeing how to push gearing :)

yeah, I was also very surprised as I added the chest in PoB and it said 170%. just sad that the corrupt wasn't working.

Just bought 3 q20 punishment and will see if I get one to lvl 21. I agree with you that it will be a nice dmg boost. Sometimes you simply need a heads up^^

For now I'm somewhat fine with the new chest. but as I know myself, it won't take that long until I aim for a better one. still I want to fix my crucible trees first.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 11, 2023, 7:46:03 AM
creator and I are experimenting with something and we have some crazy results. will let you guys know in a bit. this is from some ideas/our characters from our previous CDOT in the past 4 years. i swear this is insane and it seems VERY viable.
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
creator and I are experimenting with something and we have some crazy results. will let you guys know in a bit. this is from some ideas/our characters from our previous CDOT in the past 4 years. i swear this is insane and it seems VERY viable.

Just don't tell me that this will mean a new chest for me. ;)
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

Just don't tell me that this will mean a new chest for me. ;)

nono i assure you not.
"
Judaspriester wrote:

/edit4: hit!

not a jackpot result, but an improvement compared to my +1 all carcass.

Interesting rare chest...
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/13dorrr/scaling_cold_dot_into_the_late_game_49m_dot_dps/

https://pobb.in/-XpqnkGQBvVM

GUIDE CREATOR HAS SUGGESTED SOMETHING RIDICULOUS, AND IT DELIVERED.

looking at our OLD CDOT builds from many leagues ago, we discovered that... we used to run VAAL RIGHTEOUS FIRE!

some redditors who have constructively criticised that while we claimed the build was fast at mapping, it wasn't fast enough to be categorised as so. (naturally, since we're CDOT, not some KB CF off screen clear build).

taking the suggestions together, i've tried running both Death Rush and Vaal Righteous Fire together, and the results have been hilarious. it IS gimmicky, but it DOES work. and for most players, you might enjoy the much much faster map runs. WE RECOVER LIFE FAST ENOUGH TO SURVIVE RF DEGEN - mini game in mapping. will you kill fast enough, or have to use a burning flask???!

currently 65.4k EHP, 4400HP, 23.1k EV, 21.8k AR, 75% all res, 29% chaos res, +138% movespeed.

78.6m combined dps (against guardian/pinnacle boss). what the hell i dont even have enough time to set up curses or cold snap chilling ground anymore.

31.3m creeping frost
29.7m vortex
9.8m vaal cold snap
8.0m cold snap

compared to guide video,
shield was upgraded (10d)
amulet was upgraded (6d)
watcher's eye was upgraded (7d)
chest upgraded to +1 (20d)
chest upgraded again to +1/+2 (75d)
belt upgraded (6d)
boots changed (3d, 1% dps increase, but big increase in health + res + QOL due to onslaught)
flask changed (11d, but not "dps" increase)
death rush (max rolls, 50c)

plans:
better ring (more HP, potentially dps)
amulet (looking for +2 and dex)
gloves (+2 socketed maybe?)
belt (double implicit deter/male - no more in market sadly)
weapon/shield (looking for +2, and will require self crafting crucible trees)
empower 5
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 11, 2023, 10:34:04 AM
"
DopeOnWax wrote:
"
"
DopeOnWax wrote:
Well, I've been farming like crazy to get to my next step. Found a cheap Carcass Jack and got lucky with colours and added Empower 4. My god, the power is crazy already. I've not played a build where I don't even think about map tier or a lot of the mods. Never been able to speedrun/farm T16s before lol

My next step up would be SOL, but its so hard to find one with a good keystone and the right colours. Is there anything I can go for in the meantime? I was thinking maybe my ammy for some DOT and my shield for a +1 to cold gems or, maybe something else? Anyway, brilliant guide and build from all involved!!

In the meantime, you could spend a few divines on 5 ways to get lvl 97 or acquire a DD helmet with the frostbite enchant.

Do check out the keystone before purchasing, but I think this filter is quite decent: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/VGmPk42hp

Judging from the prices, I would save up for an SOTL.

Good idea about getting some extra levels from 5 ways. I think thats the best action for me. Never got above 95 before! First time doing 5 ways so I hope I don't F it up lol. I've got a few div so will make that todays goal. Thanks for the advice.

Saw that you are level 96 now :)

I spec into chaos res and MoM during 5 way leeches if I think that I might die.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/13dorrr/scaling_cold_dot_into_the_late_game_49m_dot_dps/

https://pobb.in/1RMuklY37WG_

GUIDE CREATOR HAS SUGGESTED SOMETHING RIDICULOUS, AND IT DELIVERED.

looking at our OLD CDOT builds from many leagues ago, we discovered that... we used to run VAAL RIGHTEOUS FIRE!

some redditors who have constructively criticised that while we claimed the build was fast at mapping, it wasn't fast enough to be categorised as so. (naturally, since we're CDOT, not some KB CF off screen clear build).

taking the suggestions together, i've tried running both Death Rush and Vaal Righteous Fire together, and the results have been hilarious. it IS gimmicky, but it DOES work. and for most players, you might enjoy the much much faster map runs. WE RECOVER LIFE FAST ENOUGH TO SURVIVE RF DEGEN - mini game in mapping. will you kill fast enough, or have to use a burning flask???!

currently 65.4k EHP, 4400HP, 23.1k EV, 21.8k AR, 75% all res, 29% chaos res, +138% movespeed.

78.6m combined dps (against guardian/pinnacle boss). what the hell i dont even have enough time to set up curses or cold snap chilling ground anymore.

31.3m creeping frost
29.7m vortex
9.8m vaal cold snap
8.0m cold snap

compared to guide video,
shield was upgraded (10d)
amulet was upgraded (6d)
watcher's eye was upgraded (7d)
chest upgraded to +1 (20d)
chest upgraded again to +1/+2 (75d)
belt upgraded (6d)
boots changed (3d, 1% dps increase, but big increase in health + res + QOL due to onslaught)
flask changed (11d, but not "dps" increase)
death rush (max rolls, 50c)

plans:
better ring (more HP, potentially dps)
amulet (looking for +2 and dex)
gloves (+2 socketed maybe?)
belt (double implicit deter/male - no more in market sadly)
weapon/shield (looking for +2, and will require self crafting crucible trees)
empower 5

Thanks for testing this out! I left the house for tennis and returned with your successful lab results :)

The beautiful thing about dropping Mark of the Shaper is that you can get a much more powerful non-elder ring.

I thought about chancing an elder influenced death rush we would probably rush into a resist problem without mageblood.
"

Thanks for testing this out! I left the house for tennis and returned with your successful lab results :)

The beautiful thing about dropping Mark of the Shaper is that you can get a much more powerful non-elder ring.

I thought about chancing an elder influenced death rush we would probably rush into a resist problem without mageblood.

what against a fancy elder ring?

Btw, I've just checked. Without that beauty, I would "just" have to switch around my resistances a little via harvest and I'm still capped, including 37% chaos res. :D

But sadly, there is not a single death rush with elder influence on the market (including offline). So it seems like you would really have to use a ton of chance/ancient orbs in order to get one.

I just have to check sons PoB and think a little about how to rearange my sockets and what to drop in order to get vaal RF and punishment in.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 11, 2023, 10:35:00 AM
I think losing Mark of the Shaper is fine. Just note that you will need an ignite immunity life flask to pause the RF at times.

Edit: Trade link for anyone who is interested: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/6gVLlndSG

2nd edit: I did further testing myself and I must caveat that Vaal Righteous Fire is semi-meme. Death rush is a viable replacement for Mark of the Shaper though.
Last edited by LkGGz on May 11, 2023, 11:28:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info