[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
brochata wrote:
Just squeezed out 20M dot, hit 38 challenges, and debating whether or not to grind out last 2.

Didn't go low life, largely because I got too attached to stupid sexy stygian I crafted in the first week. I mean just look at this thing:

If this is the end of my league, I give Cold DoT a 10/10 for crucible. Crucible trees felt impactful, there was always another upgrade to strive for, and it's flexible enough to fit a wide variety of drops/crafts.

Just my two cents to add one more comment to bump this treasure trove of knowledge and advice ever higher on the forums. Easily the best resource of Cold DoT I found this league!!

thank you for the high praise. I think your character is a very good example where going for SOTL for EHP, not going LL/Pain attunement (cowards legacy), not using mark of the shaper, yet, the DPS is still more than sufficient to clear content.

and you've even taken some suppression while being able to maintain 20m DoT DPS!
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 9, 2023, 9:09:55 PM
"
Zenocapri wrote:
Would you say this build is designed purely for mapping or can you switch DD for EoM if you want to do Pinnacle Bosses?

This build is designed for mapping but you can also do Pinnacle bosses without switching anything. This isn't some CF build that struggles at single target.

EoM will give you a boost, but the biggest boost would probably be dual wielding two one-handed weapons instead of using a shield.

The best ascendancy for cold dot bossing pure bossing is Ascendant due to triple curse. However, if my goal is only to boss, then I would be playing a ZHP trapper instead of Cold DoT.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
brochata wrote:
Just squeezed out 20M dot, hit 38 challenges, and debating whether or not to grind out last 2.

Didn't go low life, largely because I got too attached to stupid sexy stygian I crafted in the first week. I mean just look at this thing:

If this is the end of my league, I give Cold DoT a 10/10 for crucible. Crucible trees felt impactful, there was always another upgrade to strive for, and it's flexible enough to fit a wide variety of drops/crafts.

Just my two cents to add one more comment to bump this treasure trove of knowledge and advice ever higher on the forums. Easily the best resource of Cold DoT I found this league!!

Congratulations on the 38 challenges :)

That is a sick belt.

Thanks for your encouraging comments!
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Well, I've been farming like crazy to get to my next step. Found a cheap Carcass Jack and got lucky with colours and added Empower 4. My god, the power is crazy already. I've not played a build where I don't even think about map tier or a lot of the mods. Never been able to speedrun/farm T16s before lol

My next step up would be SOL, but its so hard to find one with a good keystone and the right colours. Is there anything I can go for in the meantime? I was thinking maybe my ammy for some DOT and my shield for a +1 to cold gems or, maybe something else? Anyway, brilliant guide and build from all involved!!
"
DopeOnWax wrote:
Well, I've been farming like crazy to get to my next step. Found a cheap Carcass Jack and got lucky with colours and added Empower 4. My god, the power is crazy already. I've not played a build where I don't even think about map tier or a lot of the mods. Never been able to speedrun/farm T16s before lol

My next step up would be SOL, but its so hard to find one with a good keystone and the right colours. Is there anything I can go for in the meantime? I was thinking maybe my ammy for some DOT and my shield for a +1 to cold gems or, maybe something else? Anyway, brilliant guide and build from all involved!!

my opinion is as follows:

1. SOTL (with the correct colours and non-detrimental keystone) is in the 15-20d range. ideally you want to find one with a keystone WITHOUT the "life" tag, so that you can allocate the "15% increased maximum life if your chest has no life modifiers" mastery.

2. any item as an interim/intermediate towards SOTL, budget maybe 2-3d each. don't go overboard/picky with them, since you do not want them to be too expensive and detract you from saving for your SOTL. as you mentioned, finding a +1 shield or a +1 amulet can definitely help, giving you a nice 5-10% dps boost.

3. be aware of the trade-offs you are making. if there is another shield/amulet/item that is good value - giving good dps for cheap, such as underrated modifiers such as DoT Multi, or Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments, do not hesitate copy pasting these items into your POB to see how it stacks up with a usually more expensive +1 item.

4. if you enjoy carcass jack, there may be little reason to switch to SOTL, unless you DO indeed want ~25% more EHP (for whatever content you intend to run). remember, you will lose the nice AOE and some resistances.
Hello guys,

I'm playing this build since the start of the league. I've started with Zizaran's version, but after reaching maps and farmed a little bit of currency i found out that this version does way more damage and is even tankier imho.

I would like to ask you which upgrade should I do right now. I have around 1k chaos orbs and 7 divines, but I'm not sure where I should prioritize the upgrades.
This is my POB: https://pobb.in/o67hdWQAUqFx

I am farming Alva's temple because I love incursion. It was one of my favourite leagues, and now that I'm playing after 2-3 years of pause, the new mechanics aren't that much appealing to me, except for ritual and a couple of others.
I've changed recently my Atlas to farm delirium, ritual, essence and Searing Exarch.

I want to defeat Maven so I can get the last watchstone, though I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but Uber Elder was a piece of cake.

Thanks a lot guys for all the suggestions and infos!
Last edited by Serge91 on May 10, 2023, 10:24:14 AM
Spoiler
"
Serge91 wrote:
Hello guys,

I'm playing this build since the start of the league. I've started with Zizaran's version, but after reaching maps and farmed a little bit of currency i found out that this version does way more damage and is even tankier imho.

I would like to ask you which upgrade should I do right now. I have around 1k chaos orbs and 7 divines, but I'm not sure where I should prioritize the upgrades.

I am farming Alva's temple because I love incursion. It was one of my favourite leagues, and now that I'm playing after 2-3 years of pause, the new mechanics aren't that much appealing to me, except for ritual and a couple of others.
I've changed recently my Atlas to farm delirium, ritual, essence and Searing Exarch.

I want to defeat Maven so I can get the last watchstone, though I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet, but Uber Elder was a piece of cake.

guide maker replied, and all are valid/solid points. work on those first, we can always review the build again after :)
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 10, 2023, 7:09:42 PM
"
DopeOnWax wrote:

In the meantime, you could spend a few divines on 5 ways to get lvl 97 or acquire a DD helmet with the frostbite enchant.

Do check out the keystone before purchasing, but I think this filter is quite decent: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/VGmPk42hp

Judging from the prices, I would save up for an SOTL.
"
Serge91 wrote:
Hello guys,

Glad to hear your story~

Suggestions:
1. Get lvl 21 Vaal Cold Snap
2. Get lvl 21 Creeping Frost
3. Drop the nodes pathing to Blood drinker. Drop Anointed Flesh Cluster. Drop Instinct cluster. Take Elemental Focus, it is very strong. Path to Sovereignty and Divine Judgement. Long story short, check the differences in SP allocation from Zizaran's guide with this guide and reallocate them.
4. Swap Purity of Elements for Malevolence
5. Swap Defiance Banner for Tempest Shield
6. You don't need Frost Bomb as you have inflict on gloves. You can change it into Tempest Shield but you need a 2% mana reservation efficiency jewel.
6. Swap your boots for Legacy of Fury
7. Anoint Ash, Frost, Storm
8. I believe you can get a better shield for a few divines
9. I see that you have a few spare gems on your boots. You should run a Molten Shell + Cast When Dmg Taken set-up. Hex Bloom is not necessary if you follow everything above. You should have enough DPS to clear non-bosses without curses.
Last edited by LkGGz on May 10, 2023, 11:42:01 AM

got a little bored today so I decided to build the fist vaal specimen. Lets see if the temple is gentle to me.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info