[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

i have these sadly i cant put implicit
"
Nikklai wrote:

i have these sadly i cant put implicit

yeah, unfortunately you cant, since conqueror influenced items cannot be eldritch influenced.

"
Nikklai wrote:

oh ok i crafted a new boots

only dropped 1 div i followed Judaspriester and fixed my res for shaper ring

They already look good. If you got some div to spare, you can still go for suffix cannot change and then veiled chaos in order to replace the crafted mod with the veiled one.
As little advice for the next craft: maybe invest a few chaos more for a high t1 life roll. I paid like 30c for my boots with 88 life, in stead of 82. Given that I wanted to craft boots that I don't want to switch anymore I haven't really cared for a little higher costs for the base.

In general I would recommend only to switch for rare boots, once you get hands on the Oriat's end flask, in order to keep the clearspeed up.

@Sons I was also thinking about getting the increased effect of non-damaging ailments, but the priority for me was increasing my resistances, so that I can put on mark of the shaper without dropping below elemental caps.
Do you have crafted your boots yourself? If yes I would be curious to read the recipe, since double veiled seems tricky to craft and the unveil chance for the ailments mod isn't that high.
And another thought: what about replacing the exarch mod for scorched ground with action speed? The scorched ground you drop while moving is sadly kinda small and you have to trick the bosses to step onto it.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
Nikklai wrote:

oh ok i crafted a new boots

only dropped 1 div i followed Judaspriester and fixed my res for shaper ring

They already look good. If you got some div to spare, you can still go for suffix cannot change and then veiled chaos in order to replace the crafted mod with the veiled one.
As little advice for the next craft: maybe invest a few chaos more for a high t1 life roll. I paid like 30c for my boots with 88 life, in stead of 82. Given that I wanted to craft boots that I don't want to switch anymore I haven't really cared for a little higher costs for the base.

In general I would recommend only to switch for rare boots, once you get hands on the Oriat's end flask, in order to keep the clearspeed up.

@Sons I was also thinking about getting the increased effect of non-damaging ailments, but the priority for me was increasing my resistances, so that I can put on mark of the shaper without dropping below elemental caps.
Do you have crafted your boots yourself? If yes I would be curious to read the recipe, since double veiled seems tricky to craft and the unveil chance for the ailments mod isn't that high.
And another thought: what about replacing the exarch mod for scorched ground with action speed? The scorched ground you drop while moving is sadly kinda small and you have to trick the bosses to step onto it.

i can tell that you are prioritizing towards EHP, which is also very nice, as you get to feel tanky. your DPS is definitely sufficient/decent/high/feels good for most encounters, so if you have issues with the drop scorched ground lasting too short/too small an area, honestly, going back to legacy of fury is a possibility. the reason scorched ground is so powerful is because of the negative resistances it afflicts, so that mod, will be the single most powerful dot dps boost.

in this case, you have to see how you can max your resistances if you go back to legacy (if you still plan on having shaper ring), otherwise, without shaper ring, but with legacy, the build may still "feel" better.

i dont craft my items (hardly), even since playing POE beta, i never got into SSF (and therefore having to learn how to craft), so i've always been buying my own gear. i only know certain crafting options if it directly helps me in getting cheaper gear when searching on trade.
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

i can tell that you are prioritizing towards EHP, which is also very nice, as you get to feel tanky. your DPS is definitely sufficient/decent/high/feels good for most encounters, so if you have issues with the drop scorched ground lasting too short/too small an area, honestly, going back to legacy of fury is a possibility. the reason scorched ground is so powerful is because of the negative resistances it afflicts, so that mod, will be the single most powerful dot dps boost.

in this case, you have to see how you can max your resistances if you go back to legacy (if you still plan on having shaper ring), otherwise, without shaper ring, but with legacy, the build may still "feel" better.

i dont craft my items (hardly), even since playing POE beta, i never got into SSF (and therefore having to learn how to craft), so i've always been buying my own gear. i only know certain crafting options if it directly helps me in getting cheaper gear when searching on trade.

Now that I crafted the boots, I don't want to go back to Legacy. I got used to the onslaught effect faster than expected. For clear speed I bought Oriat's end so that also isn't an issue.
I just like to optimize and therefore think about different routes I could go in order to min/max the build a little more.

The main reason I play a little more tanky than you do is that I still feel like I'm dying to often on juicy t16 maps. But that's clearly a problem on me piloting the char in stead of the build itself.

About crafting: I was into it some time ago, before the harvest nerfs and still remember enough in order to use craft of exile in order to figure out how to craft different things. For the boots you got, I just can't imagine a route without gambling with like 20-30 div investment. That's why I was asking.

Btw, if someone here wants to craft something for the build, feel free to ask. I may be able to provide a recipie or at least some input, how it could be done. For my gloves, boots and wand I have already provided the recipies here, spread through the pages.
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

Now that I crafted the boots, I don't want to go back to Legacy. I got used to the onslaught effect faster than expected. For clear speed I bought Oriat's end so that also isn't an issue.
I just like to optimize and therefore think about different routes I could go in order to min/max the build a little more.

The main reason I play a little more tanky than you do is that I still feel like I'm dying to often on juicy t16 maps. But that's clearly a problem on me piloting the char in stead of the build itself.

About crafting: I was into it some time ago, before the harvest nerfs and still remember enough in order to use craft of exile in order to figure out how to craft different things. For the boots you got, I just can't imagine a route without gambling with like 20-30 div investment. That's why I was asking.

Btw, if someone here wants to craft something for the build, feel free to ask. I may be able to provide a recipie or at least some input, how it could be done. For my gloves, boots and wand I have already provided the recipies here, spread through the pages.

yeah, onslaught is nice. i did think of tailwind/elusive. but couldnt find one suitable enough, and thought that onslaught would feel better. i think if you watch the gameplay video, you'll realise that how i play is different from the guide creator. so it's just something you'll figure out which style you prefer.

my boots i bought them for 2-3 div. like i mentioned in the gearing video, a large portion is just knowing what to look out for and trying to find various combinations that exists in the current trade market to see what fits/works for a good value. sometimes these just exist without people intentionally crafting them.

a higher dps boots will technically be one with the +2 socketed gem AND non-damaging ailment effect. those sim-ed higher dps for me, but i didn't see a suitable trade-off/use case for those.
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
yeah, onslaught is nice. i did think of tailwind/elusive. but couldnt find one suitable enough, and thought that onslaught would feel better. i think if you watch the gameplay video, you'll realise that how i play is different from the guide creator. so it's just something you'll figure out which style you prefer.

my boots i bought them for 2-3 div. like i mentioned in the gearing video, a large portion is just knowing what to look out for and trying to find various combinations that exists in the current trade market to see what fits/works for a good value. sometimes these just exist without people intentionally crafting them.

a higher dps boots will technically be one with the +2 socketed gem AND non-damaging ailment effect. those sim-ed higher dps for me, but i didn't see a suitable trade-off/use case for those.

Well, except of my audio books, I stay away from twitch and youtube as much as possible. I prefer written stuff.

For your boots, they got 2 veiled mods, so either someone crafted them for himself and then sold them for far below the creating price, or someone tried to craft something else and those boots ended up as byproduct worth selling.
Since they changed the aisling slam a year or something like that ago, that it removes a random mod, double veiled items have become much more difficult to get.

for tailwind/elusive: both only have mods that can appear on boots which rely on crits. since the build doesn't produce that many hits and the chest setup uses controlled destruction, it would most likely hard to keep that mod up.
Besides that, both are influenced mods and therefore can't be mixed with eater/exarch implicits. So aiming for veiled mods like onslaught is most likely the best to aim for.

/edit: if someone wants a real crafting project: a body with +1 support gems, additional curse and some other useful mods and then double corrupt for +2/+1.
a chest like that would be a great dmg boost and saves up 4 sp we could invest for other stuff. But I don't really want to think about the effort linking and corrupting chest, until you get the right one.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 8, 2023, 9:54:24 AM
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

Well, except of my audio books, I stay away from twitch and youtube as much as possible. I prefer written stuff.

For your boots, they got 2 veiled mods, so either someone crafted them for himself and then sold them for far below the creating price, or someone tried to craft something else and those boots ended up as byproduct worth selling.
Since they changed the aisling slam a year or something like that ago, that it removes a random mod, double veiled items have become much more difficult to get.

for tailwind/elusive: both only have mods that can appear on boots which rely on crits. since the build doesn't produce that many hits and the chest setup uses controlled destruction, it would most likely hard to keep that mod up.
Besides that, both are influenced mods and therefore can't be mixed with eater/exarch implicits. So aiming for veiled mods like onslaught is most likely the best to aim for.

/edit: if someone wants a real crafting project: a body with +1 support gems, additional curse and some other useful mods and then double corrupt for +2/+1

yeah, so i went onslaught as i didn't find any other boots suitable. the thing is the market is flooded with such boots, maybe because the res rolls are lower.

regarding the +1/+2 chest, guide creator and I actually did have one, and sold it. it was tri resist, around total 100% res, but only w 80 life. i didn't make use of it because the dex requirement was too high and I didn't want to rebalance my stats, and the EV gained wasn't as significant as I thought, hence I stuck to my +1/+2 thousand ribbons at that time.
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

/edit: if someone wants a real crafting project: a body with +1 support gems, additional curse and some other useful mods and then double corrupt for +2/+1.
a chest like that would be a great dmg boost and saves up 4 sp we could invest for other stuff. But I don't really want to think about the effort linking and corrupting chest, until you get the right one.

Actually, linking is not an issue with tainted crafting. The hard part is getting the corrupted implicits that you want.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Darn... I shouldn't have thought about that body in the first place. Now my mind is already circling around possible recipies.

- get a 6l hunter base (starting at 15c)
- reforge caster via harvest for additional curse
- awakened orb to melt together with a +1 support redeemer chest (make sure both don't have other influenced mods in order to avoid ending up with the wrong ones on the new item)
- prefix cannot change + any stuff for decent suffixes
- (optional: enchant for alternate quality effect like + hp)
- double corrupt and pray

as long as you don't care about the other mods, you could get a chest ready to corrupt for like 70c (edit: or maybe more, would have to check the price for the harvest craft at home).
+2/+1 corrupt & + 1 support explicit would end up in +5 level to vortex and creeping. In addition the additional curse would save us 4 sp used for whispers of doom.

/edit: with the given recipie, you don't even need to tainted craft. The double corrupt would be the expensive part indeed.

/edit2: redeemer chest is more interesting than shaper since we have the chance(!) to get additonal effect for non-aura skills. even If i most likely wouldn't aim for it.

/edit3: the crafting has indeed become alot more expensive, since we need ilvl 82 for hunter, which means the 6l chests that drop out of the divination cards are out. redeemer chests would be an alternative, since for them lvl 80 would be enough, but for them, the gem tag is much harder to target.
Last edited by Judaspriester on May 10, 2023, 11:44:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info