Content Update 3.21.0 -- Path of Exile: Crucible

I am glad that you tried to buff link skills.

The problem with them is that they are very low quality of life, even with high investment into duration.

Some of them are already strong, they just need more duration. With 100% link duration, they would still be annoying to recast, but at least they wouldn't constantly interrupt the flow of gameplay.

Or even better you could double their base duration. I doubt more than 10% of parties would use them if base duration was double.

Compare them with warcries on diablo 2 and you can see why it is not fun to use them currently. It is a pain to get them all going and you have to do it a lot more often.

More vaal skills is great. I hope you keep doing this every league.

I was hoping for more buffs to mana based characters. Archmage and indigon type builds require annoying setups to get the same offense as other players.

The masteries look like nerfs to many builds, but if the weapons are stronger, then the overall builds will be better. I can't tell if this is a nerf or buff to most builds until I see all the weapon modifiers. I wish you would release the crucible modifiers so we know if our builds are nerfed or not.
Why are you removing poison and explosive concoction from the game though? triple the amount of charge use?
"
Miradae wrote:
Poe elitism in a nutshell:
"Poe is great because it's a difficult game, it's not for the weak minded"
Also Poe players: "omg, they made the game more difficult in minor aspects and now i can't blindfolded beat endgame content anymore!!! I'm gonna leave forever!"

Every league start a blast to watch :D

THIS!! 😁😁

Bunch of doomers here and on reddit.

I suspect things will get better when the worst of the "waaah, they changed something I liked, and the world revolves around me, waaaah"-people have gone to D4, so the rest of us can enjoy the best ARPG ever to exist.

I'm so hyped for the league, and already swiped the credit card in support of GGG. Keep up the good work! ❤
"
Valkuma wrote:
Why are you removing poison and explosive concoction from the game though? triple the amount of charge use?

For some weird reason they are obssesed wtih acts...
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Mana reservation design is flawed on its foundation and placing that 12% mastery in MANA clusters will make this even more glaringly obvious.

Most builds reserve almost all of their mana, leaving a tiny fraction of it to be able to cast / attack. As a result, affixes / passives that grant mana are nearly useless. If you reserve 90% of your mana (and majority of builds do that) then you're also reducing effectiveness of such mana affixes by 90%.

As in, allocating +20% max mana notable will not give you that much more mana to work with. Or +80 mana on an item. It'll actually be +8 on usable mana. Items dropped from hecking Hillock grant more than this.

To combat this without fundamentally changing the whole game I would add something called 'Excess Mana'. This is usable mana that goes above your mana cap. Say you have 600 max mana and 200 max excess mana. Your auras only reserve that main pool of 600. This extra 200 is used exclusively for casting abilities. It can't be reserved, it can't be used as MoM resource.

This way getting +50 excess mana actually gives you 50 more to work with when casting skills. Not 5.
Some masteries are either too conditional or limited to 1 or 2 builds. Which means most players who know what they are doing will not use them.

I don't understand why you took away the reservation efficiency on masteries. So many builds are pressured into using auras to survive.

You could keep the reservation efficiency and make it really hard to get over 4 50% auras. Make it cost a lot more reservation efficiency to get past 4 50% auras instead of removing efficiency on the tree.

It looks like you want to kill aurabots and in the process you are killing normal builds with 3-5 auras.
„(New) 12% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills“

How about 15% and you put it to the reservation mastery?

It really belongs there and you know it. ;)
Nerfs nerfs everywhere! There is nothing good or interesting here. Not a single good buff or something to say "x build will be good" or "that skill will be awesome". What happened? They used to do interesting things.

They removed to many useful mods and masteries to add those uninteresting things? Ok they are options but not good ones.

Replacing life for defenses on uniques, only makes them 1c item.

Removed recipes? Onslaught? Mana efficiency of aura? Well I didn't use them in the past 2 years so meh... Doesn't mean they are not important.

I used to do 6 characters per league, don't mind to do the campaign the first time but 5 more times with alts is a chore. So I'll back to 1 char per league and quit in two weeks.
I'll just sit here and watch the kids trying to set the house on fire, again.

(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by TheVoid on Mar 31, 2023, 10:24:32 AM
Why do casters get to open all chests for one skill point? That is insanely imbalanced. What is the calculation on how much more currency a caster will acquire over a league?

Or worse, what is the calculation on how long it would take a melee player to manually open every single chest they see over an entire league?

Stuff like this makes me think POE is going down hill.
Last edited by Gid_PathofExile on Mar 31, 2023, 9:18:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info