Content Update 3.21.0 -- Path of Exile: Crucible

Removing the weapon craft means racing is less about skill and more about weapon rng.
I was 4th to 90 in the Ruthless w/ Gold event.

Event in Ruthless SSF means support gem rng is a big factor. Also 1-2 month race for $2000 sort of sucks.
"
The addition of the Stun Mastery introduced some interesting mechanics that we want to provide more interaction with. We've introduced three new stun clusters to the passive tree, and tweaked some existing ones, to provide more ways to build upon stun other than stun and block recovery or reduced stun chance.

It felt very expensive to spec into the "Tolerance" cluster, but it was a reliable way to get stun avoidance on a caster in the early game. So this topic got me excited, I may have some alternatives now!

Unfortunately, the changes running under the headline "stun avoidance clusters" are a big downgrade in terms of stun avoidance. We lost more than 100% stun avoidance from tree and got "Perfectionist" which gives 30% avoid and for some reason also some stun recovery.

None of the other new stun clusters or tweaked existing ones provides stun avoidance, all of them require you to get stunned, while recovery reduces the duration of a stun, but never to 0.

You removed the best way to build upon stun and introduced some that are mostly useless for a character that does not like to get stunned. This is less ways to build upon stun. The "stun avoidance clusters" are now "shorter stun duraton on you but never 0" or "trigger on stun but never avoid stun clusters".

So stun protection will be done with stun avoidance essences and jewels, it just requires better gear Maybe Jousis will make a self stun cast when stunned build. Interesting, stunning tweak.

Let's see if someone will use those new clusters, after I felt like the only one who specced into the superior tolerance cluster - which is now nerfed.

Expectation and reality were very far apart in this obvious nerf to stun avoidance.
Last edited by Hogooo on Mar 31, 2023, 10:16:59 AM
"
Innomen wrote:
"
The leveling process is just to get to the endgame, and it was already a horrid experience even before this change. No one who isn't already in love with and playing Ruthless wants to spend more time leveling in the campaign.

This. Leveling is hellishly bad. It's a horrible chore between me and the real game and serves only to punish me for making the objectively wrong build choice.

Frankly story should end at act3 like it always did and maps begin at ilvl 30. Yes. Really.

You could move all the later acts into the maps and simultaneously remove the bloat, encourage dozens of builds, and make the atlas feel real and lived in. You ever notice how we open maps and never find towns? That's boring AF. Where are all the monsters coming from should be the central mystery of the game.

SO much lost narrative potential sacrificed on the alter of obsessive forced tryharding player control.

Like erasing infiniheist. Dude, that's just pure control freaking, period. They got mad that some players were bypassing all their mary sue content entirely. Stopping the story at act 6. That's the real sin here.

And good lord enough with the labs. AT LEAST let me complete them all at once by doing uber first and only.

Why am I typing this? Mods will delete it, fanboys will defend it, and GGG doesn't care what we say here anyway.

Answer: I'm a 43 year old disabled autistic with cerebral palsy and nothing else to do.

PoE its just a load screen simulator without nothing ellse to do beside farming to farm better lmao.
and you need 4 3rd party programs to be effective

ggg nerfing all the fun with farming builds
its only thing we do in this game.
im no shocked people are mad

least i can go out in the world of Diablo 4 :)
and do something ellse, maby free some town lol
or visit pvp area.
What % reduced proj speed is spark?
Please reconsider Demon wand... it has crafting implications for Vortex builds. Or was it intentional to prevent div card+ilvl shenanigans?

edit: NVM obliteration was moved to imbued which retains %spell. Move along! :D
Last edited by Schtauffen on Mar 31, 2023, 11:28:09 AM
"
(New) Hits have 25% chance to treat Enemy Monster Elemental Resistance values as inverted

Anyone can explain me that?
not sure but i imagine it means there is a 25% chance to multiply their resistance with -1

So 60% becomes -60%
and -10% becomes 10%
What a bait, all the skills and masteries removed will end up on the new crucible weapon tree so we gain nothing, this game becomes a joke recently with all the nerf and stealth nerfs that are not communicated on the patch notes or manifestos. Don't be fooled people, this is another nerf fest .
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Where to begin? I suppose I start off with saying, I get it. Fast gameplay and quick rushing through the game leads to less user retention. Like, I get. You don't want people to start a league and be done after a week. But you gotta remember, that it is the speed, the fluidity and the endgame stuff that people care about in this game.

NO ONE want's to play through the campaign for the 240th time and now it's even slower. So instead of bogging us down that way, give us something worthwhile to do during it! Make side areas in specific acts that hold some niche but good Uniques.

Make some mechanics already present story relevant while not pushing them too hard.

Just do ANYTHING to make the campaign actually interesting, if you are forcing us to do it over and over and over and over and over again. Diablo 3, god have mercy on it, at least just has the adventure mode ready to go, if you beat the story ONCE. And it's a sad day when a blizzard game has its stuff more together than this game.

I also understand that you want people to be more thoughtful with their auras and such, so that not every build can do everything all at once. But if that is your goal, you HAVE to give us ways to more easily switch around through builds, and not make it EVEN MORE difficult to get something else off the ground.

With removing the mana reservation masteries you gimped viability for SO MANY different builds. You LESSENED build diversity with that alone. And sure, maybe people can build up different stuff with the new masteries, as some are quite potent, but it's gonna hurt the build diversity at least in the short run and maybe permanently.

I really hope that GGG will listen to their playerbase here and not their preconceived notion of what their players actually want. Because sure, some people complain about people rushing through the game too fast and that it is just a grind simulator at the end.

But NO ONE is praising the campaign as is. And if you check on youtube, the most famous and watched videos are of people going REAL fast through maps or bosses. Not crawl around white maps for days at a time, fighting the 50th Mausoleum boss.

Please GGG, I implore you. I know you want people to spend more time on the game. But this is making less people want to spend time on the game at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info