Content Update 3.21.0 -- Path of Exile: Crucible

"
Why do casters get to open all chests for one skill point? That is insanely imbalanced. What is the calculation on how much more currency a caster will acquire over a league?

Or worse, what is the calculation on how long it would take a melee player to manually open every single chest they see over an entire league?

Stuff like this makes me think POE is going down hill.

Click the chests and stop crying, or play caster, is that easy. Unless you think caster and melee plays the same way.

This league is great, changes look so promising, GGG has a great future ahead.

(Dont kill me mathil cucks, im being good now :)
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
Last edited by Riverwind77 on Mar 31, 2023, 9:25:00 AM
"
We really hope you enjoy Path of Exile: Crucible. Thanks for your support!

I really hate being a drama queen but I dont know how else to feel about the shoehorning of the playerbase towards Ruthless. It is certainly a thought that keeps me from getting myself excited about the new league.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
"
That nerf to arcane surge seems completely unjustified. level 1 arcane surge buff effect going from 10% more spell damage to 10% increased cast speed is ridiculous. At least make it 10% MORE cast speed, or 20% cast speed scaling to 30%

"10% More Spell Damage" is currently inherent to the inbuilt arcane surge buff. if that stays, this change will make level 1 arcane surge provide increased cast speed IN ADDITION to that, with more cast speed at higher levels rather than a stronger More Spell Damage from the associated buff. 20% and 30% (!) total More Spell Damage from the generic buff will be available from ascendant and hierophant ascendancies respectively, without requiring an actual Arcane Surge Support gem anywhere.

that would be rad anyway but it seems like they won't do that, since the generic buff is typically that of a level 1 gem.
Last edited by its_ya_boi_widders on Mar 31, 2023, 10:07:35 AM
Sceptres and Wands should have "base cast speed" not "attack speed" as a caster weapons.
or actually the Sceptres should have both.
You need to buy more stash tabs, and play months to fill them with items which to be deleted by GGG.
When are you going to nerf Chris
Chris, you know how you always say, "we could do a numerical balance pass that people can discover, but we don't want to do that"? Do that. That is what we want.

We want to not know if viper stike, charged dash, etc. are bad. We want to do discovery.
While the expansion itself seems nice, I just can't wrap my mind around why would insist on nerfing leveling skills over and over again.

It's obvious that after all these years campaign is nothing more than a mindless chore we need to do in order to access maps.

Just let us rush through campaign since we're literally sick of it and it poses 0 challenge.
Last edited by Kyutoryu on Mar 31, 2023, 9:53:00 AM
I'm looking forward to giving the new Vaal skills a try, at least Ice Shot and Lightning Arrow. I wonder if Manaforged Arrows will work with Vaal Skills. Prismatic Burst might also be something I'll try for an elemental attack based Sabo (with new Lightpoacher?).
I'm curious about Momentum. The name seems misleading as it seems to reward not moving. What we rather need is something like a Dis-/Re-engage skill that supports true melee builds to get out of harms way quickly (with a cooldown) and granting a huge damage buff for a few seconds but only on melee attacks. DPS uptime is what hurts us the most.

Will the vendor chance for Rares be in Ruthless too? Might be a nice extra source of items although I wouldn't want to feel like I should check all vendors every few levels.

Breach changes: Oof, seems like a buff for Zoom Zoom obliterate two screens on button press builds and a nerf to everyone else. This is one of these moments where it feels like there are two design directions in GGG. One that wants to make us slow down and challenge us and one that wants to reward trivializing their content and going for currency/hour. And this ongoing process widens the gap between the top and average players. I do very much appreciate the "Heavy Breach" notable though for slowpokes like me (also very thankful for similar ones for Legion and Delirium ♥). I wonder if the 10% faster one is worth taking for anyone though.
Some of the Breach unique changes seem very juicy and I might roll builds for them if I find some. Like Uul Netol's Kiss, The Formless Inferno (if theorycrafting makes Infernal Legion 30 seem like a competitive damage source, an 8k base DoT should be though), I used Tulborn a few times (I like Winter Orb cwc Ice Spear) but now it seems like that build could shine with Tulfall and also might be one of the few builds that benefit from Halcyon's freeze proliferation.
Good to see the "Lightning Damage on non crits is lucky" to be somewhat accessible.
Nice to see thematic changes like the Snowblind Grace.

I never really went for Abyss and it's uniques but of course used the jewels here and there. I like that there is scaling with Abyss jewels on the items though. Very thematic.
But I doubt I will go for Abyss specifically and still might block it thisa time around.

Thanks for the Atlas tree warpgates btw! My favorite mechanics are on both sides (Blight, Ritual, Expedition, Syndicate) and having to choose and be saddled with unwanted ones just because they were in reach always felt meh and made me look forward to next league when I could go for the other side again. Although I have to see how much it actually helps since bridging through the middle was already also beneficial and the bigger problem was reaching additional clusters for mechanics that were towards the top of the tree with some end game clusters and a lot of other nodes I had no interest in.
Also please give Ritual something more interesting than "Ritual will always spawn 4 Rituals". It felt like most of the time it was 4 anyway and getting an occasional 3 wasn't bad.

Atlas changes: I hope some day we get something like this: https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/127jxjd/i_wonder_if_we_will_get_a_sort_of_build_your_own/ (yes, that is also me)
... is not a troll
nice lightning mastery memes
basically killing non crit lightning
"
The leveling process is just to get to the endgame, and it was already a horrid experience even before this change. No one who isn't already in love with and playing Ruthless wants to spend more time leveling in the campaign.

This. Leveling is hellishly bad. It's a horrible chore between me and the real game and serves only to punish me for making the objectively wrong build choice.

Frankly story should end at act3 like it always did and maps begin at ilvl 30. Yes. Really.

You could move all the later acts into the maps and simultaneously remove the bloat, encourage dozens of builds, and make the atlas feel real and lived in. You ever notice how we open maps and never find towns? That's boring AF. Where are all the monsters coming from should be the central mystery of the game.

SO much lost narrative potential sacrificed on the alter of obsessive forced tryharding player control.

Like erasing infiniheist. Dude, that's just pure control freaking, period. They got mad that some players were bypassing all their mary sue content entirely. Stopping the story at act 6. That's the real sin here.

And good lord enough with the labs. AT LEAST let me complete them all at once by doing uber first and only.

Why am I typing this? Mods will delete it, fanboys will defend it, and GGG doesn't care what we say here anyway.

Answer: I'm a 43 year old disabled autistic with cerebral palsy and nothing else to do.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info