3.19.1 Patch Notes Preview

"
"
The "Confine Mouse to Window" Option now confines your mouse to be within the maximum supported aspect ratio for those using larger aspect ratios (to prevent accidentally clicking on black bars).

Why don't you just remove the black bars?

It's such a ridiculous thing to do to people. I don't have a spaceship screen, so I guess I shouldn't complain about it, but my friend has one and quit over you turning half the screen black.

I mean, have you even seen it in action? Half the screen is black, who wants that?

man 32:9 support is not extremely widespread for games out of the mainstream (native support without mods or ini editing that is), people with ultrawides often have to play with black boxes on either side. PoE isn't made for 32:9 and such a miniscule % of people use 32:9 to begin with I don't blame them for ditching it. Of all the valid complaints this is one of the dumber ones
PoE 3.19 where you have to farm trash mobs like Eater, Exarch, Elder, Shaper and Sirus to get the gear needed to fight Uber bosses like Essence Mobs.
"
The "Confine Mouse to Window" Option now confines your mouse to be within the maximum supported aspect ratio for those using larger aspect ratios (to prevent accidentally clicking on black bars).

omegalul

they're finally supporting the widescreen gamers

/s
I feel like there's a lot of toxicity and/or negativity in the community recently, so I'll just sit in the corner with my fingers crossed for you guys and wait till the atmosphere clears up. I still feel really demotivated to even touch the current league just by watching what's happening and how instead of making little tweaks to a game that many people named "their favorite league ever" (3.18) you decided to make a revolution for seemingly completely no reason. After all, you are the devs, I just hope you know what you are doing... Good luck!
Because my last post got removed, I'll state it again. Once again, this patch is overwhelmingly disappointing and addresses almost none of the actual issues given in feedback from countless amounts of people.

I had slightly higher hopes after the last communication post but these patch notes prove it. The league isn't going to get any better if these changes are all we are getting.

It completely misses the point of how harvest is completely useless now and nothing is being done to address that at all.

It also completely misses the point of how Lake of Kalandra is very underwhelming and nearly pointless to do due to the insane difficulty and virtually non-existent rewards.

The league changes also completely threw several older league mechanics out the window due to the very obviously rushed and poorly thought out divine orb and exalted orb swap.

The meta is also completely stale and boring due to basically no buffs and just simply nerfs to several top skills.

The game was also made harder for no reason. Loot was completely obliterated and divination card farming for chase uniques was also utterly demolished. Not to mention how archnemesis itself contradicts the whole "opt-in/out" difficulty concept of PoE.

Sorry if its not what you people at GGG want to hear, but there's no sugar-coating how absolutely horrible and not fun this league has been.
Get the patch out and we'll playtest it. From this preview all I can personally say it's not enough.
Why does a mob that will not drop any loot need AN mods at all, what's the point?
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
man 32:9 support is not extremely widespread for games out of the mainstream (native support without mods or ini editing that is), people with ultrawides often have to play with black boxes on either side. PoE isn't made for 32:9 and such a miniscule % of people use 32:9 to begin with I don't blame them for ditching it.

As I understand it they weren't really supporting it for the previous 9 years. They first time they started to support it was 3.19 where they did the ultra-wide UI changes, but at the same time removed the ultra-ultra-wide screen.

And now I assume they've fucked people who were using the mod, to turn off the black bars over with the mouse click change.

At least they could let people know why they want to actively block it after a decade of it working, when it works in games like League of Legends, Last Epoch, Diablo 3 and so on.

Is it competitive? Is it because PoE 2 can't handle it? Or what?
Last edited by AncientBiomass on Sep 7, 2022, 2:07:43 AM
I need booty
I dont like the new vision
Eat Sleep Repeat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info