Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

I'm a relatively casual player and 3.18 was the most fun I've ever had in the game. Maybe I just set the expectations too high, but I expected much more in terms of changes for 3.19, especially given that they had a significantly longer time gap.

With the lacking amount (and quality) of the buffs themselves I'm kind of worried we may have a repeat of the same top builds; REALLY hope there's significantly more to it.

I think for the most part the nerfs were ones I expected, but it's mind-boggling stuff like Nightblade went unscathed (or that Seismic Trap did not get nerfed enough, think it'd still be more than fine with a -35% damage nerf)

Maybe I'm just being very negative, but I see the defense changes as: still near mandatory to run if you don't want to die, but worse and harder/more annoying to get (especially if you're on the left side of the tree, they don't have great alternatives).

Really hope the new league content is good, it'll be hard to replace recombinators and Sentinel loot explosions but I'll be on the Copium train for now, sorry for the wall of text.
Awesome, very much needed changes! Good manifesto.
As a multi demigod winner and as someone who farms multiple mirrors every league I personally saw most of those nerfs coming, therefor it isn't surprise. Now I understand that casual/relatively new players who understand this changes are upset, but I don't care. You can nerf everything and I'll still perform and that's all matters to me. Now of course this doesn't mean that game should cater to players like me, aka 0,00001%.
I'll assume that this manifesto just doesn't display the whole picture and actual patch notes will show what are we dealing with. Maybe they will introduce new cool skills, new cool items, buffs here and there and everyone will be happy. Of course first impression is very important, but I'd not rush the decision of just skipping league for now if I were someone who isn't pleased with this manifesto.
But where are the interesting changes? 13% added effectiveness of bloom applied to underused MTX is about as interesting LMAO
Looks bad already... Buff some of your newer skills like voidsphere or blazing salvo.

Fingers crossed for cool new skills cause tornadoes blows
Its not fun anymore. You nerf everything, what are you expecting us to play and fun. This game is dead.
"
Bitplague wrote:
juggernaut changes pog

Heard that the changes to juuggernaut were good a few times, and I still dont understand to be honest?

Not sure what I'm missing but they're splitting 1 node with 5 stats into 2...why would it be good?

+ People are happy with the "lesser transcendance" (8% of armour applies to elemental damage), but you loose the "5% reduced damage taken".
Isnt it worse?

Im probly stupid cause I'm really missing something here.
0/7x2 inc. PepeLa
Some of these are OK, but overall dislike this manifesto
"
Alcsaar wrote:
"
KirinXie wrote:
"
Emplaid wrote:
I don't get it, mage skeletons were nerfed by 75% overall or they removed the 50% added damage from the gem and that gave a 25% damage reduction overall. because 75% nerf will just destroy this skill

just 25% less damage bro

You are wrong. They got a 20% damage nerf at level 20 (global minion nerf) and then in addition to that they took another 25% damage nerf on the skill gem itself. Thats a 55% damage nerf.

Then on top of that, they obliterated charges on minions. 3 frenzy charges alone was 15% more damage, so now its a 70% damage loss. That isn't counting the power charge critical strike chance changes, they now provide less than 1/4 of what they gave before in critical strike chance.

Then on top of that, we lost 2 gem levels from necro ascendency, and its no longer possible to get +3 to all minion gems in helm, so thats another -3 gem level (if you use a +2 all helm now).

So in fact its more like a 80%+ damage nerf easily

if you wrap that all up then we can say that about all minion skills

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info