Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
HairyLoco wrote:
Not gonna lie I had hoped for more. A bit puzzled about Arctic Armour's changes. Denoting standing still as a problem and then buffing its damage mitigation while standing still doesn't seem like solving the problem?

Problem: Mobs do enough damage to kill you 10 times over if you stand still for a second
Solution: We buffed Arctic armour effect by 3%

A timeless ggg classic
Last edited by MaxW81 on Aug 3, 2022, 8:24:52 AM
"
kalmeb wrote:
Someone will create new powerful builds that become meta and all of a sudden we have forgotten how the changes were supposed to ruin the game. Until the next manifesto.

Powerful builds are made when they are needed. Ice Spear COC Occultist is nearly untouched, why make a different build? If you want to win you don't pick a build that is fun you pick a build that wins. No one is gonna forget that 3.17 and 3.18 are the same thing. Unless this Kalandra thing is mind-blowingly awesome it's gonna be a third boring league with no changes. The problem isn't that people won't forget the nerfs anway... The problem is that people will forget that Path of Exile exists. 3.19 looks boring so far, and three boring leagues in a row is NOT good news. It's easy to forget a game in your steam library, and I wish GGG was more mindful of that.
Seems like the solutions were made before they thought of the problem.

Solution: Buff arctic armor. Why?

Problem: Uhh because it only works when standing still?

I get they want to make the game hard but I thought they like to shake up the meta not just nerf the strongest shit and force the next strongest shit to take over.

There are so many un used skills in this game. Why cant you just buff some of them.

Most players arent willing to spend mirrors, let alone 100ex on a build just so it can clear red maps.

League mechanic better be amazing or this league might be dead on arrival.
Garbage manifesto

"
kalmeb wrote:
Every manifesto is the same. Doom and gloom in the comments and players are convinced the game has been ruined. They are going to quit and never come back until GGG does what they want. It never changes.

Someone will create new powerful builds that become meta and all of a sudden we have forgotten how the changes were supposed to ruin the game. Until the next manifesto.

You clearly don't understand the meta and its issues.

People are disgruntled because game imbalances are so blatantly visible, but for some strange reason the developer decides not to address them.

Last edited by Tcharq on Aug 3, 2022, 8:42:48 AM
Solution: Remove the mana reservation efficiency mastery and reduce the power of the aura effect and life reservation efficiency masteries.

Can we not?

Clicking that button on the skill tree was one of the few things that actually felt directly impactful.

"
Minion Balance

~Me Looking for Section about Yriel's Fostering~
........... Still no adjustments for Bestial Minions????
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568084

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568078

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568062
Ah yes, nerfs again. I enjoy using all of my portals every single map but lately that number decreased so it's great that we are going back to using them all up xD Wonder when they will decide to just make the game unplayable unless you sink 10 hours into it every day xD

Terrible jokes aside.
I'm excited for trickster rework (that was my first character I reached endgame with xD) but that's about it so far. Maybe new league will compensate us for the nerfs somehow but I'm not gonna try getting my hopes up xD Lately I'm getting less and less motivated to play PoE. Some patch one of these days will just seal the deal for me if they keep nerfing stuff and I will just move to the next game. Oh well. Let's wait and see how this league will be.
If GGG didn't want people to be freaked out and negative about the manifesto just release all the patch notes together. Don't be like "oh we're gonna fuck you in so many different ways, look here's a list" and then have 0 positives for people for over a week. Just shitty decisions all around there.

Come on GGG...Get it together, you know your audience.
"
The Reservation Mastery that granted 15% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills has been removed from the Passive Skill Tree.

This one will completely ruin the game for me. I can't take any more nerfs to mana reservation.

Goodbye GGG have fun destroying your player base.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info