Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
Nasitrap wrote:
So we got -25% flat damage to skeletons for whatever reason.
Then -2 levels from nerfed unnatural strength which is about -20% damage as well. So -45%.
This alone makes skeletons almost twice as bad!

-2 levels also means much squishier AG and zombies and in many cases one less spectre which is also terrible.

But then we got now almost useless power and frenzy charges which is an insane nerf in itself.

Then we got the +100% crit chance node removed and there will be "big cluster with minion crit nodes", big cluster is about 5 skillpoints, so we got -4 skillpoints to our build.

Then the mana reservation efficiency nerfed so less offensive auras for our minions on top of that.

Then we got bone rings which we cannot use because we really need those unset rings. If we equip the bone rings that's -2 much needed skills for our build.
(btw get rid of unset rings and let us make a socket in any rings we like, that would be a much better feature)

Then we got +2 lvls to minions hats but they will cost probably as much as some headhunter so casual players won't be able to get them. Also screw unique helmet users I guess.

If just one single of these nerfs were implemented it would be already really bad but somewhat manageable. But all these nerfs together completely destroys the skelemages build.
If you make the calculations they'll do like 20% of the damage they used to do.

How is it justified??

What is your problem with minions anyway? Did some minion bite you when you were children and now you hate them for no reason ggg? Skelemages weren't even an OP build, it's just a nice fun build. Skelemages is not the reason other minion builds suck. They just suck while skelemages are fine being what the minion build should be in the first place. So instead of buffing other minions you nerf the entire minion archetype.

There's builds in this game who melt uberbosses in seconds and skelemages is totally not one of them. Yet you nerf one okayish but fun build by ~80%, what is up with you ggg? Why do you hate us so much?

I tried different builds and this was my favorite one and now it will become five times worse and now I don't see myself playing PoE anymore.

It all started when Brunwa did a video of zombie necro with no gear except a weapon doing uber elder. GGG is still in trauma from that and never recovered.
Well time to go back to Diablo -.-'' R.I.P minions.
Last edited by kilix19980 on Aug 3, 2022, 7:54:10 AM
This is just becoming another game where the devs makes changes to a game they dont play, and if lucky, only listen to the top 1% players what to change. Maybe it's time to resub to World of Warcraft again.
RIP Lake of Kalandra
So Blessing is now killed on only works on previously killed MoM builds.
Point is if you have the mana to spend the blessing you also have the mana to run the aura permanently.
Hype killed.
"Problem: Spell Suppression is intended to be mostly accessible to characters on the right side of the passive skill tree. However, spell suppression values on item modifiers are high enough that any character can reasonably reach 100% spell suppression chance through items alone, and passive skills that grant suppression are relatively weak in comparison. This results in capped spell suppression feeling like a mandatory pickup for most characters that want strong defences, rather than mostly an option to complement evasion-focused builds."

I see no problem here.
"
ninja_wolf wrote:
This is just becoming another game where the devs makes changes to a game they dont play, and if lucky, only listen to the top 1% players what to change. Maybe it's time to resub to World of Warcraft again.

- Devs don't listen to people!
*goes to WoW

U mad bro :D
Every manifesto is the same. Doom and gloom in the comments and players are convinced the game has been ruined. They are going to quit and never come back until GGG does what they want. It never changes.

Someone will create new powerful builds that become meta and all of a sudden we have forgotten how the changes were supposed to ruin the game. Until the next manifesto.
"
pr0mete1 wrote:
"
ninja_wolf wrote:

- Devs don't listen to people!
*goes to WoW

U mad bro :D

Im not mad at all, as that would be a waste of my time, im just overall dissapointed. With every change and nerf they do each league, it just seems like they makes changes to the game but dosent play it themself. That they dont listen to us ordinary players is nofthing new, so that dosent bother me that much compared to devs making changes for a game they dont play themself
Last edited by ninja_wolf on Aug 3, 2022, 8:09:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info