Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

wow Thanks for the overhaul of Fortify, it was sorely needed!
and also the revised classes look very good.

Good work !

looking forward to the new league :)

-Spell suppression I find logical, and actually predicted these exact changes. It's a defence layer supposed to help the green side of the tree, the fact that every build had to chuck in evasion gear in every slot felt weird. Some high end players may still do it, have to see how the numbers work out.
-The rest of the defence changes are also reasonable, but I will bring into question Discipline. Is he 35% reservation tag worth it? Or a more compelling argument is... why does it only get 25% reservation efficiency from the mastery, like the big auras, while the other smaller auras get 50%? Maybe it's just out of meta.
-Won't commend on minions, I have never played any minion builds, I will say that the subset in the community who play mostly minion builds is quite substantial though, so I hope they aren't "nerfed" too hard and still feel nice to play.
-Rightful adjustments to the most overpowered skill gems with messed up scaling that the majority of top players used to trivialise the game. The cast on death nerf I don't like, it was cool to have the option of a "suicide bomber" build, if someone invested into it, it wasn't something easy or simple either, and rather unique, these things make poe fun.
-The auras I do have a problem with. Aura reservation was universally taken for a reason. Running an additional aura was a simple upgrade that for ANY build and most importantly, FELT GOOD. I am not sure how much this will constrain builds, I fear it will hurt the weakest builds the most, it was a really impactful mastery. I would prefer if the reservation efficiency was redistributed elsewhere. Along with the removal of blessings that's a significant amount of power removed from most builds, especially the weaker ones. Also, lifetap blessing was NOT universally used, it had drawbacks in the significant number of sockets and some risk. These leave a bad taste in my mouth. On the bright side, Blood Magic and Mind over Matter might be competitive again.
-Looking forward to seeing the Trickster changes, I like the class a lot and have stuck with it for a long time, am curious but also worried about the changes.
Vote with your wallet, I have been since 3.11
LUL Stank Pug Chump Puggers ................... Soooo WEAK, soooo very weak LUL
As a grown man with alot of disposable income, I play casually.

Clearly I am not wanted in this game, I figured that out many seasons ago, but damm, your making the game practically unplayable, its such an unfun experience and it just got alot worse. Is there going to be anything left for poe4.0
I'm just confused at this point.
Some nice changes to defences since it was way too easy to cap. The gravicius mod removal kinda stings though. Where are the nightblade and helix nerfs lmao? Exited to see the new trickster rework in the coming week. In terms of corrupting fever tornado shot id say the build survives, just needs 1 aura reservation cluster with % increased effect of nodes to bring that reservation back. Lowkey love the mageblood buff on pathfinder btw, keep them coming. Overall very exited to see the new leauge. Probably can do ubers with seismic still in 4-5 days of leauge start though. Lets goooo!!
Last edited by Absolute_Zero_Silver on Aug 3, 2022, 3:24:32 AM
Problem : Ben made Poe looks so easy

Solution : F--k em all

Suggestion : Rename Path of Exile to Ben of Seismic Trap ( seismic is still op isn't it ? )
Well, should've waited for that manifesto before buying packs.
I think it's been already said before, but I also feel like the game is extremely great, though it's developed to maximize no-fun out of it. Growing old, exile?
RF,the definition of a defensive build is the most played build for a reason and you nerf defences. What are you doing with this game?
Wow, most of the things listed are stuff that has made it possible for me to actually play. Even if i sink in a lot of time into this game this league has been like the second time i've been able to get to the endgame content without being oneshotted ALL THE TIME even if it happens a lot, and not even for long at that (because i'm not playing super meta endgame destructor builds because i find them stupidly expensive)...
What to do? Start playing meme builds?
Last edited by Albinochan on Aug 3, 2022, 4:07:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info