Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

Where's the buff to Summon Skeletal Archer's AI so they aren't confused between when they should shoot an enemy and when they should walk?
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568084

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568078

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568062
I cannot wait to see minions builds
Towards the Sun
Minxed feelings here, I agree with probably all of the outlined problems. Yet the solutions often seem to be "make problem worse" or "make new problems"

The Pathfinder problem and solution just feels like peek GGG problem-solving.

"
Problem: Pathfinder's Master Alchemist skill is quite weak, which also causes Pathfinder to be pushed mostly towards chaos-based builds as non-chaos builds do not have enough compelling ascendancy skills to choose from.

Solution:
Pathfinder's Master Alchemist Notable Ascendancy passive Skill no longer grants 20% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite during any Flask Effect. Instead, it now causes Magic Utility Flasks applied to you to have 20% increased Effect.
Pathfinder's Nature's Boon Notable Ascendancy Passive Skill no longer grants 6% reduced Elemental Damage taken.

What?

You felt Pathfinder wasn't appealing for non-chaos archetypes, so you removed ailment chance and elemental reduction and the only thing you add was a Mageblood buff?

How is that helping non-chaos Pathfinders?

Anyway, I'm hoping Trickster is worth playing again and Soulrend buffs are enough for the same there. Could be fun to revisit what I wish I'd played more back in Synthesis.
"
tetomobile wrote:
Ok, I am now rationally saying, please GGG show us some example of the new Minion mods....maybe, I say maybe, they will compensate for the Huge loss in passives damage and life. Maybe.

GGG said to us after 3.15 we not gona make so big nerfs never again)) and you still believe? Rationally?
It didn't dawn on me until now that you guys didn't balance at all last league so you had all the preparation in the world and still botched it this badly? I hope some alarm bells are going off at the GGG headquarters because this is troublesome. How do you not mention Lightning Strike (a fake melee skill that has dominated the melee meta for leagues now) in your patch notes? Do you play the game? That's not to be mean or condescending because this stuff should be very obvious. People have been crushing the game with that skill before you even introduced omni.
Tencentorship
Lets go GGG, keep going like that ! keep nerfing and give nothing in return to Casual player you will keep ur end game player but will probably loose other around. With how much unbalance the diffenrence is between a player with Low budget and a High min max player you still keep doing it. You want to know what problem is in the game right now ? The fact that only small % of your player base are able to do: High End boss / Min Max Gearing / reach lvl 100 should give you a idea of the situation. with how you keep nerfing league after league you just Culling your low to mid tier player to anger them and quit the game. Im not even talking about Server issue you have on league start / mid league. This nerf would probably dont minds to high end player because they will find way to go around the lost of % mana reserve with high price item like Ashe of Star etc but for every Casual player who are struggling to do something decent and having fun in some way that nerf will hurt more.

I will speak about my own experience on the game, last league i was able to have a drop of 2 pure Exalt on the COMPLETE league. I was able to craft some good item with Harvest to trade but AS MORE THAM Half of player base have quit the league due for multiple reason (Frustration / lack of entertaining / Lack of challenge) that mean i was not able to sell it and wasnt able to gear myself with something out of the basic.

That was only one league, but that generally what my league all look like. I got around 2 to 6 pure drop exalt and if lucky enough im able to gain around the same amount in Exalt coming from item sell. So for few league i was not able to do shit because there so much a hugh gap between casual player and high end one who are able to be rich in less then one week or two of investement.

Im struggling to go over the self cap of Lvl 92/94 i'm setting myself after each league nerfing. And now you told me that its again Nerf when i was able to find one or two build fun and a little bit decent to play. The only thing i want to do know is just to fuck out of the game and just skip it. League after League you could make your game more fun and appealing to bring in more player and growth from this but your doing the exact opposite. Your culling your core base player league after league.

As your are more interest in money them any other thing i will ask you a question. What is the more profitable thing to do: High end money entry on short period OR Mid end money entry on steedy period of time ?

Asking the question is kinda answering it, may be the way i think but i find it would be more profiting for anyone that long period one. Keep angering and frusting your player base and you will have less en less incoming money (except from Big Whale of this world). I alway prefer longevity over short time game. Oh and also its alway good to remember the past to not do the error in it OR look at other game style around. Look what happen with Diablo, you guys should be the most on the know as its was your past and look what happen with it. A good franchise gone down by bad money greedy action...

You still have time to turn around like we say the ball is in your court ...
"
Aotenshin wrote:
After so long and so many patches, even if the last league didn't had any nerf, why on earth does the PR tactic is to show Nerf first... I just can't understand.

Actually, this bit makes sense.

They drop bad news - stuff people will be angry about.

Wait for fires to simmer.

Livestream release with good news and more league info and don't need to deliver any bad news.

It also primes players to think on what they are going to be playing in a more positive (or hopium) mindset, rather than having their league start plans annihilated at the last minute.
"
jrv209 wrote:
It didn't dawn on me until now that you guys didn't balance at all last league so you had all the preparation in the world and still botched it this badly? I hope some alarm bells are going off at the GGG headquarters because this is troublesome. How do you not mention Lightning Strike (a fake melee skill that has dominated the melee meta for leagues now) in your patch notes? Do you play the game? That's not to be mean or condescending because this stuff should be very obvious. People have been crushing the game with that skill before you even introduced omni.

One of my early and only viable build at the start of the game (alot of league before) was a Gladiator max block Lightning Strike where i have the best league ever. I wasnt able to redo anything on the same Scale since.
Last edited by RocknScooby on Aug 3, 2022, 2:13:35 PM
Good direction !
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
"
Xanoth wrote:
"
Aotenshin wrote:
After so long and so many patches, even if the last league didn't had any nerf, why on earth does the PR tactic is to show Nerf first... I just can't understand.

Actually, this bit makes sense.

They drop bad news - stuff people will be angry about.

Wait for fires to simmer.

Livestream release with good news and more league info and don't need to deliver any bad news.

It also primes players to think on what they are going to be playing in a more positive (or hopium) mindset, rather than having their league start plans annihilated at the last minute.

Hopium i forgot about this one xD well you might be right, i hope you are, maybe i will use that myself one day. PR are dangerous

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info