Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
tkots8080 wrote:
I will not join this game until ggg become sane again.

same here. this game is becoming worse and worse for me. its meant only for addicts, no-lifers and streamers now?
"
joffxrey wrote:
As a multi demigod winner and as someone who farms multiple mirrors every league I personally saw most of those nerfs coming, therefor it isn't surprise. Now I understand that casual/relatively new players who understand this changes are upset, but I don't care. You can nerf everything and I'll still perform and that's all matters to me. Now of course this doesn't mean that game should cater to players like me, aka 0,00001%.
I'll assume that this manifesto just doesn't display the whole picture and actual patch notes will show what are we dealing with. Maybe they will introduce new cool skills, new cool items, buffs here and there and everyone will be happy. Of course first impression is very important, but I'd not rush the decision of just skipping league for now if I were someone who isn't pleased with this manifesto.

Can you teach me how to farm 1 mirror in a league?
Six months for this huh? I always play regardless of GGG self sabotage but this is pretty uninspired. I'm not the sky is falling type and usually have a nice chuckle about all of the tears. Hype season to be replaced with anti-hype season. What are we looking forward too GGG? The only silver lining is some copium that the patch notes might give anything at all to be excited about.
As a casual SSF player, i find the end-game hard enough as it is. All those nerfs will have little to no effects on trade league but on SSF... man it hurt.
I hope something else is coming in the announcement, cause for now its extremely boring.

Agree with the fact of great potential diversity that POE can suggest, but as a result we are constantly getting less and less options and fun opportunities. Dont know when GGG will realise that there are always people who LOVE playing minions, coc, melee and any other builds, so nerfing them to the ground always hurts so much. Why cant we find any sort of balance =/
xddChatting
I am scared too, but I highly trust you, GGG.

The nerf league turned out healthy, and so this might be good along the road too.

But OFC, the build is usually transitions to might be dumbsterd now. We will see!

I believe!
I'm all about build diversity, however why not buff some of the dead/unused skills to match its power with the power of the most used skills, I really don't know why GGG keeps ignoring doing this?!
Be a LEADER when you see a path others have missed,and Be a FOLLOWER when you are shrouded in the midst of uncertainty.
Last edited by Pixle_Twitch on Aug 3, 2022, 1:16:12 PM
xdd
GGG... I'm still up in the air on what I think about these changes. As they are,... they don't sound great. overall feels like alot less player agency in this patch. Also, feels like no upgrades to compensate for the downgrades of things (minion stuff being an exception,...possibly.)

MORE IMPORTANTLY...
Why release this manifesto in the seemingly nerf heavy state that is without having something readily available to quell the inevitable judgment and anger that it would incur from the player base.

IF NOTHING ELSE,... this was a horrific PR mistake. With the backlash and trust issues players have had over the past4-6 leagues, this a was foreseeable and avoidable error in judgment. Anyone who has EVER successfully delivered bad news and saved face knows that you have to divert, distract or compensate for the bad news. This fells more like another random punch in the gut with no apology or excuse. At least tell us there was a GOOD reason for the punch or that we are getting ice cream to compensate for the punch. Leaving this out there in this state knowing full well how the community would react with no good counterarguments or compensatory news, updates, or reassurances coming for a good week is PR suicide. You're turning players away before they even get to see the possible upsides of what you may be doing for them. Basically you push away/anger your core player base and even the possible new player base by your lack of transparency or hope for the larger picture. Bad business move. I love the game, you guys have captured magic in a bottle with this game. You really squander that magic tho when you slap your player and then ask for forgiveness and then do it all over again 1-2 leagues later.

I'm just confused and at a loss.

Best of luck....
GL EXILE!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info