Just looked at steam player Data

@bruno

Um. No.

Lie and Mislead are synonyms = mean the same thing. Open a thesaurus.

Trying to parse the statements and to infer intent has no relavance when either of these words. Maybe a different word would be better, such as mispoke, or made a mistake, etc.
"
brunowa wrote:
"
JoeUtopia wrote:
"
exsea wrote:

lie is pretty inaccurate.

misleading is a proper term.

i would say GGG dropped the ball hard on this one. the expectation with the announcement was that players could use the same build and have the same experience as last league. however AN mods changed the game in a fundamental level so drastically, that players could "not play the way they played last league".

i want to say that GGG shouldnt be blamed for trying something different but GGG has years of experience. they could have introduced the AN mobs in AN maps. players could give feedback, then next league add in AN as core if the feedback was good. most of all past league content was optional

not AN. AN is GGG forcing a spoon of food into your mouth and expecting you to just stfu and swallow.

You do realize that to mislead is a synonym for lie? So, you just agreed, albeit using a word that is just less inflammatory.

To be exact, it depends on intent.

If GGG had intent to mislead, then it was a lie.

But I doubt they had that intent.

They ABSOLUTELY had the intent. They could not get players to buy into their bullshit every league without relying on said players gullibility. I would be willing to bet GGG has a department specifically designed to spin out bullshit.
"
Thornwalker69 wrote:

They ABSOLUTELY had the intent. They could not get players to buy into their bullshit every league without relying on said players gullibility. I would be willing to bet GGG has a department specifically designed to spin out bullshit.

yea, it's the PR department. PR, marketing, propaganda... same thing for different applications. lie to influence someone.

i almost wish 3.19 was already here. not because i want to play the game anymore, but to see what garbage they will make up this time and how broken and extensively tested the game will release.

25k daily max ,only on steam, after 7 weeks.

Lets see if we see another triple G or sponsored special events to get in old players.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Its incredibly naïve (in a positive way) and almost cute to suggest GGG knew they were buffing the absolute $*$& out of mobs while saying no nerfs to players, and it was not a calculated lie.

GGG is trying to make the game they want, no harm there.

They know the current playerbase will not enjoy the transition, so they lie.

Lying is kinda what capitalist companies DO though, its what they have to do. They are here for your money, hopefully providing a service you want, but not limited to that.

All of this is just... normal.
"
shadopaw wrote:
Holy cow.

The Fallout this league is huge.

It's actually more active over 1 month in than it has been on most of the previous leagues? There was a big fallout at the top, but the decline throughout the league still puts us higher than most other leagues at this far in.
Feels pretty dead to me, I can whisper 30+ consecutive people for buy orders of 1ex or higher without an single invite.

Played an RF build with 90/88/88 max resists and 2,800 life ticked per sec, still got randomly blown up by shi* that I could not see or react to, the games a fkng joke.

Im here because its less crappy then Diablo and Lost Ark, thats the bar right now for these games, which one sucks the least and isnt Final Fantasy or WoW........
Last edited by JCOH35 on Jul 8, 2022, 9:42:11 AM
"
trixxar wrote:
Its incredibly naïve (in a positive way) and almost cute to suggest GGG knew they were buffing the absolute $*$& out of mobs while saying no nerfs to players, and it was not a calculated lie.

GGG is trying to make the game they want, no harm there.

They know the current playerbase will not enjoy the transition, so they lie.

Lying is kinda what capitalist companies DO though, its what they have to do. They are here for your money, hopefully providing a service you want, but not limited to that.

All of this is just... normal.

ROFL a game that requires maybe $20 in tabs and every thing is free onwards. "AFTER YOUR MONEY". Yeah those greedy GGG capitalists dude!

You have one company sticking to their goals and not folding going for easy money and everyone's in a fit. Yeah there are gameplay problems and even I am bored but then I think about all the hours I got for free.

Let's not be so dramatic. They need some gameplay adjustments but people acting like it's not always dead this time of a league. The games design to not have full retention through 3 months now, they've even admitted that.

And to everyone mentioning Lost Ark, that's an MMO. If you think spending $20-30 once off is a lot of money wait until you see what 1520GS players spent.
Last edited by poeGT on Jul 8, 2022, 5:10:43 PM
You think I am saying they build a game for money like a bad thing.

Its not. No one expects them to starve to make a free game right? Nothing malicious or dramatic about needing to cover salary / server / event costs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info